CFB Playoffs will remain at 4 until after the current contact ends

autiger88

Crazy to think Auburn will have to play the same 3 teams in the playoffs every year till they open this thing up.  I mean how many times do we have to beat Ohio State, Clemson, ND, Bama, UGA, Oregon till they just give up football?

Edited by Win4AU
  • Haha 2

Just now, Win4AU said:

Crazy to think Auburn will have to play the same 3 teams in the playoffs every year till they open this thing up.  I mean how many times do we have to beat Ohio State, Clemson, ND, Bama, UGA, Oregon till they just give up football?

Can I have what you are smoking? 

Adding Texas and Oklahoma changed the stance on a lot of people almost instantly, thinking SEC would get half the teams in so to speak.  But with 4, we are almost always going to get half the teams in it seems.  I am disappointed that this was a chance for equal opportunity for every FBS conference to have a path to a championship.  Sigh.

57 minutes ago, woodford said:

What does this have to do with Auburn?

Because Auburn is in the CFB landscape and this has to do with that.🤷

Also there was a whole thread dedicated to this during last summer talking about the possibly of expanding the CFP so I was just adding to it.🙄

You do know this is a free message board?  so that means you didn't have to comment, you know that right? 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Adding Texas and Oklahoma changed the stance on a lot of people almost instantly, thinking SEC would get half the teams in so to speak.  But with 4, we are almost always going to get half the teams in it seems.  I am disappointed that this was a chance for equal opportunity for every FBS conference to have a path to a championship.  Sigh.

What's dumb is they turned it down and last year the B1G would have gotten multiple teams in

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What's dumb is they turned it down and last year the B1G would have gotten multiple teams in

I think they viewed it as a master plan by the SEC with the way nobody knew they were talking with Texas and OU to join.  

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Because Auburn is in the CFB landscape and this has to do with that.🤷

Also there was a whole thread dedicated to this during last summer talking about the possibly of expanding the CFP so I was just adding to it.🙄

You do know this is a free message board?  so that means you didn't have to comment, you know that right? 

It’s a joke, pal. Auburn is such an after thought on the CFB stage at this point. Playoff is a total pipe dream. 

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

It’s a joke, pal. Auburn is such an after thought on the CFB stage at this point. Playoff is a total pipe dream. 

Listen, PAL! If you don't like the smartass reply don't be a smartass in the first place. You know the whole if you can't dish it saying.

Also I know that it's a pipedream but that doesn't mean I can't make a thread about it, letting people know that it's staying at 4 till atleast 2026. 🤷

• Like 1

The way I understand it is that other Conferences not named the SEC didn't want to expand now because it would mean that ESPN (which they see as favoring the SEC) would control media for the entire playoffs. in 2025/26 the media rights open back up and conferences are hoping they get split up between the big networks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The way I understand it is that other Conferences not named the SEC didn't want to expand now because it would mean that ESPN (which they see as favoring the SEC) would control media for the entire playoffs. in 2025/26 the media rights open back up and conferences are hoping they get split up between the big networks 

That makes good sense. ESPN does have an insane amount of money riding on the SEC.

• Like 1