Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Williams, Cardwell, and Green. All three played their tails off.

Green got beat so much on defense. They keep posting him up and nobody is coming to help. Plus he got very lucky on some passes where he leaves his feet with no clue on where the ball should go. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I take it you didn't watch the Memphis - Gonzaga game. It was completely one-sided. 

Oh I watched it, with a house full of Memphis alumni. You are right, that 2nd half was atrocious. I do think this is about as bad though

• Like 1

We have to come out playing great fast defense. We were a step slow to start the game. Time to turn up the heat and keep fresh legs on them.

Hopefully Jabari settles in second half. 

I don't care what happens in the 2nd half; Jaylen is my MVP for the game.

• Like 1

Jabari is 2 for 10 from the field so far. If he can come out and take over the 2nd half, or at a minimum shoot at your normal %, we will win this game. 

I want Jabari to take control of this game!!

If we get Kessler back and he affects the paint we should be ok. We played so bad to be down only 1.  End of game even if we want Green to run it. we wait to long to start the offense.  Dribble near half court till time is almost gone then if they stop the drive we have no time for anything. I do want us to get back to moving the ball and not telegraphing our passes. Jaylin was the man in that half. 

• Like 4

If Jabari can get on fire from outside, opening things for Kessler...oh please.

Jabari 2/14 with 0 threes. Surely you have to think that’s going to change. 

KD hasn’t hit one either…..

Glad Jaylin was able to step up with Jabari being off. Also Greene has played much better these past two games. He is moving the ball and driving much more. 

• Like 1

Big props to Jaylin. He has always been able to stay calm and within himself when others are out of control. Now Jabari time to wake up and take this over 

Can we get Kess to give Jabari a slight pop in the mouth with an elbow?

Worked for Jaylin!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we get Kessler back and he affects the paint we should be ok. We played so bad to be down only 1.  End of game even if we want Green to run it. we wait to long to start the offense.  Dribble near half court till time is almost gone then if they stop the drive we have no time for anything. I do want us to get back to moving the ball and not telegraphing our passes. Jaylin was the man in that half. 

Agreed I think he's just waiting too long to go.  

I think Jabari will be fine. He is a young player with alot of pressure on him. He just have to adjust to the style of play. He is still learning and it appears Miami has some veteran players. That was a foul on the alleged block.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

We have to come out playing great fast defense. We were a step slow to start the game. Time to turn up the heat and keep fresh legs on them.

Hopefully Jabari settles in second half. 

He seems kinda nervous. He's very young and this is high pressure. Hopefully he's into the game now and he can get something done in the 2nd half. That Miami dude hopefully woke the beast....

• Like 1

Getting Kessler back will be just what we need. Miami hasn't had to defend him or try to score on him in the paint. Just gotta stay out of foul trouble and we got this!

• Like 1

Time to go win this and meet ISU in the sweet 16. Let’s go AU!

Jabari is playing out of emotion and forcing stuff. Settle down at half and all will be fine. Miami's defense and poor passing by AU is the difference in the game. No more, no less. Play a clean 2nd half and AU wins. 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Getting Kessler back will be just what we need. Miami hasn't had to defend him or try to score on him in the paint. Just gotta stay out of foul trouble and we got this!

Even without him we've given them some tough outside looks. I notice they do a lot of double pick at the top to create a mismatch every play.  It doesn't work with our guys for the most part because Jabari can guard a PG. Kessler could eliminate that deep drive in the paint though.  As long as he doesn't fall for the ball fake. 

• Like 1