What to do with the OL?

bigbird

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

1. Get special coaching for the OL from this guy.  

Conrad Dobler, the NFL and "Dirty" U.S. Foreign Policy

2. Add in huge quantities of this.

Deer Antler Spray Review (IGF-1 Extract): Does it work? - YouTube

Conrad Dobler coaching + deer antler spray= 1 each All SEC Offensive Line

Probably a few guys in prison too….

• Like 1

I would put 2 tight ends on the line for every single offensive play. That would be the base and move them from one side of the formation to the other and in the backfield. 

I just don't understand the lack of plays off other plays. Full disclosure, I stopped playing football in HS cause I liked basketball,gals and partying better. My son played from peewee to 4 years of college however, in several different style offenses.  None of our "fakes" with whatever we are trying to do on O fools me. If you can't fool me, you're in deep 💩. Maybe try passing on a run down and running on a passing down? From the same formations you would use to do the former? Maybe a crossbuck or a misdirection run with two backs in the backfield? Hell, Nebraska had 137 different run plays that all looked about the same when they were in their prime. Surely we have something? 

I know. Don't call me Shirley.....

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

I feel bad for our OLine guys.  It’s not like they aren’t playing their guts out.  They haven’t been coached up.  Period.  That’s not on them.  Shout out to Jalil Irvin for coming in and doing a good job.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fredst said:

I’m no expert but I think this could cause some trouble with the NCAA or maybe the police

Our best argument would be justifiable homicide.

I don’t understand why guys like Jeremiah Wright do not get opportunities. 4 star recruit by some services. Yes, the moving back and forth hasn’t helped but heck the guy has physical ability. At this point, why does Caden Smith not get some reps? 

just my thoughts. 

We need to do what Tubs did that year against Florida and put the guys in the game that are physical. At this point it don’t matter if you know your assignment and who to block. They know who to block but they are opening the dam every play so it doesn’t mean anything. Just hit the other team and push em back. Do we have guy that could do that?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

They are who we thought they were...

dennis-green-theyare-whoe-we-thought-the 

You're the HC or OL coach.  How do you fix the issues?  

Personnel change? Who?

Different plays? Which?

Scheme? What do you adjust?

What do you do to fix our most glaring on field issue?

Probably too late to do anything at this point.  Can’t run the ball inside or outside.  Apparently the Olinemen lack basic fundamentals so I don’t know if that allows things like misdirection.  I wouldn’t trust any of the QBs to read a defense.  Almost need to go Gus mode and have the coach tell him who to throw it to pre snap.  Maybe quick slants would get LBs off the line but still not sure that matters with the Oline.  Harsin had 2 transfer cycles and 1 true recruiting class to bring in 4-5 guys to help and didn’t.  Just as much on him as Gus at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I feel bad for our OLine guys.  It’s not like they aren’t playing their guts out.  They haven’t been coached up.  Period.  That’s not on them.  Shout out to Jalil Irvin for coming in and doing a good job.  

They are playing their hearts out for sure. JI Unfortunately graded out terrible but at least he’s playing. He could be like Calzada and just not play…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Indeed.  I was agreeing with you.

Not sure, but username isn't a bad suggestion.

Edited by Cardin Drake

37 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

They are playing their hearts out for sure. JI Unfortunately graded out terrible but at least he’s playing. He could be like Calzada and just not play…

Not aware of how he graded out, but he didn’t snap over anyone’s head and he didn’t get a false start called on him that I remember.  

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 1

I think everyone knows we dont have the line to give enough protection to attack deep and that is why you are seeing teams load up the box.

I think we should focus on getting the defense to move side to side to wear them down physically. Try to get them running and thinking vs reading and reacting. On passing plays, I would always have 2 TEs on either side to chip the edge rushers. Quick slants, outs.

16 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

dianabol + trenbolone + anadrol plus daily testestorone shots and any other steroids that coach harsin has in his office. I want us coming in to Bryant Denny looking like Goliaths.

Gonna need something from Walter White, too. Then, maybe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So your saying Irvin graded out better than Johnson. Haven’t seen any data on OL.

19 hours ago, TeBoneAU said:

I would put 2 tight ends on the line for every single offensive play. That would be the base and move them from one side of the formation to the other and in the backfield. 

And throw to them until they are triple-teamed!

You look at some of the film and there is not one defender getting in the backfield there are 2 or 3 getting through on many plays.  How do you fix that?  I certainly don’t have a clue and our coaches obviously don’t either.  

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Enjoy

Always a great sign when some random dude on twitter undresses your OL lol

Reminds me of Jordan Rodgers breaking down the 2020 DSOR and showed how UGA was able to suffocate every single offensive play by simply blitzing or attacking from an angle and Auburn never adjusted. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

Always a great sign when some random dude on twitter undresses your OL lol

Reminds me of Jordan Rodgers breaking down the 2020 DSOR and showed how UGA was able to suffocate every single offensive play by simply blitzing or attacking from an angle and Auburn never adjusted. 

Uggh, it's been so bad for so long.

Who was our last competent and consistent OL coach?

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Uggh, it's been so bad for so long.

Who was our last competent and consistent OL coach?

Jeff or JB Grimes? Your guess is as good as mine.

You know more than I and we do need talent, but this is college football. Coaching is so crucial. It shouldn't be this bad. Oh how I wish Moneyball could apply to CFB lol 

Edited by woodford