What to do with the OL?

bigbird

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Good lord that is unbelievable. 

Shameful

It's been that bad since 2018-9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s as if 65 is willfully choosing not to engage.  I mean if you’re not going to block the guy directly in front of you, who will?

Tell Will Friend the solution is easy. There's a dial on the base plate to control how much he pulls.

image.thumb.png.f00cea9a641de67386dbfe2ecf757a10.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

It’s as if 65 is willfully choosing not to engage.  I mean if you’re not going to block the guy directly in front of you, who will?

It truly looked as if he intentionally just fell down. There was zero effort to do anything. I'm not sure he even moved his arms until he was bracing his fall.

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Tell Will Friend the solution is easy. There's a dial on the base plate to control how much he pulls.

image.thumb.png.f00cea9a641de67386dbfe2ecf757a10.png

I logged thousands of hours playing my 1972 Cowboys Dolphins Super Bowl edition. 

• Like 1

I can’t let go of the fact that our O Line Coach is a Bammer. I know we lack talent but he’s been a solid coach and recruiter everywhere he’s coached until now. Now we’ve gone from really bad to god awful. We must never hire another Bammer. EVER!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It truly looked as if he intentionally just fell down. There was zero effort to do anything. I'm not sure he even moved his arms until he was bracing his fall.

Mike Horton did the same thing a few years ago. There were times he would go 2 or 3 plays without engaging anyone. Perplexing how any coach could see that on tape and keep playing a guy. Mission number 1 for the new coach is fix the o line now, and for the future.

Meanwhile, UGAs line probably added 30 yards to their rushing total by hustling downfield and pushing the pile forward. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 8:00 AM, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Off topic but I think an even more important question is: When does Harsin take over play calling? Kiesau is becoming more predictable than Gus. 

I'm old enough to remember this being discussed here years ago and a certain poster told us that we're fine because we had like 15 OL including the long snapper.  This has been coming for years folks. Gus lit the house on fire and Harsin has been trying to put it out with kerosene.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I logged thousands of hours playing my 1972 Cowboys Dolphins Super Bowl edition. 

and had a more effective offense, no doubt :bananadance:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm old enough to remember this being discussed here years ago and a certain poster told us that we're fine because we had like 15 OL including the long snapper.  This has been coming for years folks. Gus lit the house on fire and Harsin has been trying to put it out with kerosene.

lucky for us, a single coach can make a major difference. As of now, it is CLK, CHF or Deion for me. I feel any other option will follow the same trends.

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I can’t let go of the fact that our O Line Coach is a Bammer. I know we lack talent but he’s been a solid coach and recruiter everywhere he’s coached until now. Now we’ve gone from really bad to god awful. We must never hire another Bammer. EVER!

i thought he was fired from tennessee?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

lucky for us, a single coach can make a major difference. As of now, it is CLK, CHF or Deion for me. I feel any other option will follow the same trends.

Kiffen is the  only  one of those that "excites" me.  I am intrigued by Deion but I feel like we're at far too important of juncture to take that gamble. One more misstep and we're going to be UTk post-Fulmer.  Hell, we're already there in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Kiffen is the  only  one of those that "excites" me.  I am intrigued by Deion but I feel like we're at far too important of juncture to take that gamble. One more misstep and we're going to be UTk post-Fulmer.  Hell, we're already there in a lot of ways.

Well tell me who excites you? Please don't say Jeff Grimes, Our next Sam Pittman (That is no longer a compliment.)

3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Played OL at Bama

yes i understand but he was the line coach at tennessee when they were turrible and he was let go. not sure at the same time as the head coach or before.

Edited by aubiefifty

24 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

This has been coming for years folks. 

I remember seeing it somewhere 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well tell me who excites you? Please don't say Jeff Grimes, Our next Sam Pittman (That is no longer a compliment.)

Irving Myers and Kiffen are the only 2 at that level, with Myers at the top.  If both turn us down then I guess go with Deion because why not.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Irving Myers and Kiffen are the only 2 at that level, with Myers at the top.  

Urban Meyer ? Bold.

Edited by DAG

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Urban Myers ? Bold.

If he has any fire left he'd be a home run hire.  I sort of doubt he'll ever coach again though.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

27 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Why in the hell is our right guard looking inside when no one is head up the center but someone is in the gap between him and the tackle.

Good question . And I doubt he was coached to do so. These dudes just aren’t good , physically or mentally. With that being said, the next coaching staff will hopefully do a much better job at obtaining the players necessary to play at this level.