Pull the Trigger

AUDub

I'm not as worried about Harsin.Ā  Ā  He will get his soon enough.Ā  Ā The real question now is who is our next AD?Ā  Ā He is going to be the one that makes the really important decisions.

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

I'm not as worried about Harsin.Ā  Ā  He will get his soon enough.Ā  Ā The real question now is who is our next AD?Ā  Ā He is going to be the one that makes the really important decisions.

You probably meant this but I would say..Ā He/She is going to be the one that makes the really important decisions...

I doubt it will happen but it could be a female vs male AD, I just really just want whoever is the best fit and the best that we can hire..

• Like 1

The fact that a team that we beat took UGA down to the wire on Saturday and only lost by 4 points gives the PTB a good reference for this weekendā€™s game. Ā If Harsin can match the output of a team we beat, he should be competitive this weekend with UGA.

Hopefully, that logic will be the end of this discussion. Ā Time will tell.

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

The real question now is who is our next AD?Ā 

Hartwell is the leader.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aubaseball said:

But thatā€™s not the reason teams fire coaches now during the season. Ā  There is an early recruiting period now and it lets potential recruits know that a change is coming. Ā  If the person that you are targeting is currently not coaching, you can begin negotiating with said coach. Ā  If the coach that you are targeting is currently coaching, you can contact his agent and gage his interest. Ā  Lastly, itā€™s still way too early to fire a coach that is currently 3-2. Ā  I believe that if he is going to get fired during the year, it will probably happen during the off week. Ā  I donā€™t see auburn winning the rest of the year, most definitely the next two. Ā 

I think he either gets fired shortly after the Georgia game or lasts the rest of the season. He's definitely gone one way or the other. I think the timing comes down to whether or not the administration wants a new AD in place before he gets the hook.

2 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

ADā€™s donā€™t hire and fire coaches at Auburn University.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, LeonardAU said:

27.5 point underdogs this weekendĀ šŸ˜‚

that alone is fireableĀ 

Can't imagine what it would be if UGA hadn't played poorly the last two weeks.

Then again, from what little I have watched, it appears that taking away Bowers and bringing some pressure is causing real problems for them.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Hartwell is the leader.

I know little to nothing about him ... ok, nothing about him.Ā  Ā  Does he have any coaches associated with him already?

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yes, but he'll be the one announcing it at the press conferenceĀ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

Ha ha not a chance . He will hire who he is told to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

As opposed to?Ā 

31 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

I know little to nothing about him ... ok, nothing about him.Ā  Ā  Does he have any coaches associated with him already?

Pros are heā€™s supposedly a huge advocate of NIL. Also this:

Cons are heā€™s at least associated with Blake Anderson and Neal Brown.

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ā 

Ā 

This isn't even a talking point. What, because he hired those guys at other schools it implies he might do the same thing here? That's not how this works.Ā  You think he'd get hired here and then come up with the bright idea of our big move being to hire Neal Brown who is 19-21 at West Virginia? And that would get approved by everyone above him?

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

As opposed to?Ā 

Pros are heā€™s supposedly a huge advocate of NIL. Also this:

Love the Dion part!

Ā 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, metafour said:

Ā 

This isn't even a talking point. What, because he hired those guys at other schools it implies he might do the same thing here? That's not how this works.Ā  You think he'd get hired here and then come up with the bright idea of our big move being to hire Neal Brown who is 19-21 at West Virginia? And that would get approved by everyone above him?

I mean we did hire Chizik with a worse record then that. Not saying he would do the same just saying that did get approved.

If HartwellĀ  becomes AD I hope he goes and hires Deion.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

29 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

image.jpeg.0b3ac9f88df69d068a2b3b54ea035a4b.jpeg

Not going to lie, Iā€™d love to see this vibe on the Auburn sideline šŸ˜‚

Same! It would make things a lot more interesting then what AU football has been in years.Ā 

41 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

image.jpeg.0b3ac9f88df69d068a2b3b54ea035a4b.jpeg

Not going to lie, Iā€™d love to see this vibe on the Auburn sideline šŸ˜‚

The team would love it.....and so would recruits. That's the best part about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am honestly not for or against any coaching candidate but just researching Deion makes me wonder if he would be better suited as the OC instead of the HC. His resume shows three high school coaching stints and then on to Jackson State U as the HC since 2020. I know he had a long pro career but bouncing around in some position coaches spot in college for a few years might be a better path for his success starting out. I look at Spurrier as an example of a pro football player (9 years in NFL) that went through another 5-6 years of being a position coach in college football before becoming a head coach. Duke was his first true test as a HC. Deion would definitely make a splash for the recruiting.

Deion Sanders Resume:

• Prime Prep AcademyĀ (2012ā€“2013)..High School
    Head coachā€¦ā€¦Prime Prep Academy, Co-Founded by Deion Sanders, Reportedly Shut Down by State. The state charter for Prime Prep Academy, a school co-founded by Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, will reportedly be revoked.
  • Triple A Academy (2015ā€“2016)ā€¦..High School
    Head coach
  • Trinity Christian School (TX)Ā (2017ā€“2020)ā€¦..High School
    Offensive coordinator
  • Jackson State UniversityĀ (2020-present)ā€¦..FCS (Football Championship Sudivision)
    Head Coach

Ā 

5 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

In the past a committee put forth their best candidate and a smaller group made the decision and made the deal.

30 minutes ago, einatlanta said:

I am honestly not for or against any coaching candidate but just researching Deion makes me wonder if he would be better suited as the OC instead of the HC. His resume shows three high school coaching stints and then on to Jackson State U as the HC since 2020. I know he had a long pro career but bouncing around in some position coaches spot in college for a few years might be a better path for his success starting out. I look at Spurrier as an example of a pro football player (9 years in NFL) that went through another 5-6 years of being a position coach in college football before becoming a head coach. Duke was his first true test as a HC. Deion would definitely make a splash for the recruiting.

Deion Sanders Resume:

Head coachā€¦ā€¦Prime Prep Academy, Co-Founded by Deion Sanders, Reportedly Shut Down by State. The state charter for Prime Prep Academy, a school co-founded by Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, will reportedly be revoked.
    Head coach
    Offensive coordinator
  • Jackson State UniversityĀ (2020-present)ā€¦..FCS (Football Championship Sudivision)
    Head Coach

Ā 

I know that is the sentiment that many others also feel, but at least for me if he hires good coordinators then he is just managing the overall organization. I actually think he would really help on the recruiting side and if he hires good coordinators then I think he could do really well since he would have the talent to compete. I also think he would bring the fun back to the program and provide a lot of positive media exposure which again helps bring in more talent.Ā 

:)

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

I know that is the sentiment that many others also feel, but at least for me if he hires good coordinators then he is just managing the overall organization. I actually think he would really help on the recruiting side and if he hires good coordinators then I think he could do really well since he would have the talent to compete. I also think he would bring the fun back to the program and provide a lot of positive media exposure which again helps bring in more talent.Ā 

:)

What makes you think he would not bring JSU staff with him? You are placing a required modifier to him to be successful IYO, then assuming that will take place. Unless you see his existing staff as fitting your description.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What makes you think he would not bring JSU staff with him? You are placing a required modifier to him to be successful IYO, then assuming that will take place. Unless you see his existing staff as fitting your description.

I have no idea who he would bring in or hire staff wise that would be HIS decision. What I do know is that he would ALSO bring in lots of talent into the program, and last time I looked we really could use a TALENT upgrade. I also think he would bring a lot of positive publicity to the University as a whole and thats always good too, now whether he turns out to be a successful on the field is open to speculation, I just like all the intangibles that we do know he would bring. Just my opinion, not like anyone is calling me or asking but ya know we all have them, no one really knows who the next Saban will be, if we did then we wouldnt see all these coaches fired season after season, there is no crystal ball that can tell us. I think the kids like playing for him and I think it would be fun to watch and bring some excitement back to Auburn but again just my lowly opinion. :)

3 hours ago, einatlanta said:

Deion Sanders Resume:

Head coach
    Offensive coordinator
    Head Coach

Ā 

You just gonna ignore his professional NFL experience as a player?Ā  A HC preps and manages the program. Many criticisms against Deion, but his experience game planning, recruiting, and player management is not one.Ā