Pull the Trigger

AUDub

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

AD’s don’t hire and fire coaches at Auburn University.

My understanding is that Alan Green did do the hiring, which is one of the main reasons he was fired. 

On 10/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Shows where we are as a program 

It’s at Uga -29.5 right now. I thought for sure it would go down but it keeps going up. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

My understanding is that Alan Green did do the hiring, which is one of the main reasons he was fired. 

Which is why the boosters will make sure that it never happens again because it didn’t work.

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

It’s at Uga -29.5 right now. I thought for sure it would go down but it keeps going up. 

That's because the figure that Uga will have a substantial lead by half and the fact that we will score no points the 2nd half while Uga continues to add to their lead.  Did I get that right?

• Like 1

My hope would be to get Prime on a 5 mill a year contract for 3 years (total 15 million - around what Harsin's buyout is now) and turn him loose.  Low risk/high reward.  He will likely bring in a good OC/DC either with an NFL background or SEC roots. He brings in good HS recruits. Uses NIL, transfer portal and JUCO to pull in more big fish to fill our roster deficiencies while garnering a lot of positive attention for the university.  Worse case scenario..If you have to fire him before the end of his contract, probably would not do so until after 2 years minimum, leaving the buy out very small and the talent pool on the roster much better.  If he successfully improves the team each year of his contract, you extend his contract based on the performance.  If we extend the contract, I would hope that we would keep it to a few years (3 years) at a bigger increase rather than a long term deal.  I have become gun shy lately at the enormous buy outs we have paid to Gus and Harsin.  Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I think you make a deal with him to finish the season and leave.  Then go on with the search and hopefully a deal to bring in Kiffin or Freeze.  That way the early potential signees know what they are getting.  I hate to see him run off during the season that is not fair to the current players.  Many of them came back this year to play for him when they could have moved on and it is what it is for better or worse.  I don’t see how any of the current assistants could make it better if one was elevated to interim HC.  

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

My hope would be to get Prime on a 5 mill a year contract for 3 years (total 15 million - around what Harsin's buyout is now) and turn him loose.  Low risk/high reward.  He will likely bring in a good OC/DC either with an NFL background or SEC roots. He brings in good HS recruits. Uses NIL, transfer portal and JUCO to pull in more big fish to fill our roster deficiencies while garnering a lot of positive attention for the university.  Worse case scenario..If you have to fire him before the end of his contract, probably would not do so until after 2 years minimum, leaving the buy out very small and the talent pool on the roster much better.  If he successfully improves the team each year of his contract, you extend his contract based on the performance.  If we extend the contract, I would hope that we would keep it to a few years (3 years) at a bigger increase rather than a long term deal.  I have become gun shy lately at the enormous buy outs we have paid to Gus and Harsin.  Thoughts?

I’d absolutely love it but I’m doubtful that would do it.  Unfortunately it’s not any future candidate’s problem that we’ve been flushing away zillions.  He’s a big name. By November it’ll be bigger.

Edited by auburnatl1

5 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

You just gonna ignore his professional NFL experience as a player?  A HC preps and manages the program. Many criticisms against Deion, but his experience game planning, recruiting, and player management is not one. 

Actually all I did was post his coaching resume and try to compare it to another successful college coach who played in the NFL. Two years in a subdivision HC position does not show a long track record of recruiting and game/player management. It does not mean he would not be successful but the data available gives one pause.

14 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I think you make a deal with him to finish the season and leave.  Then go on with the search and hopefully a deal to bring in Kiffin or Freeze.  That way the early potential signees know what they are getting.  I hate to see him run off during the season that is not fair to the current players.  Many of them came back this year to play for him when they could have moved on and it is what it is for better or worse.  I don’t see how any of the current assistants could make it better if one was elevated to interim HC.  

Has that ever happened? Don’t recall that a sitting HC is announced to be parting ways, unless they are retiring.

You can list all the qualifications you would like in our new head coach, in any order you like, but the main focus has to be his ability to successfully recruit.

80% - Recruiting

20% - Player deveopment, player evaluation, staffing, game management, perception, personality, A.Kissing, etc..... JMO WDE

2 minutes ago, AU North said:

You can list all the qualifications you would like in our new head coach, in any order you like, but the main focus has to be his ability to successfully recruit.

80% - Recruiting

20% - Player deveopment, player evaluation, staffing, game management, perception, personality, A.Kissing, etc..... JMO WDE

Most of the ones in that top bracket do both. No reason we should expect less unless we are paying less IMO.

47 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I am guessing Prime is going to cost $10 million x 5 (minimum).  That's the market.

Only four coaches in the country are making 10 million or more a year and 3 of them have MNCs. DS has 2 years of FCS coaching experience and has never even coached against an FBS team. It would be insane to pay him or any other coach not named Urban Meyer that kind of money. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nurbis said:

Only four coaches in the country are making 10 million or more a year and 3 of them have MNCs. DS has 2 years of FCS coaching experience and has never even coached against an FBS team. It would be insane to pay him or any other coach not named Urban Meyer that kind of money. 

Maybe but he will guarantee top 3 recruiting classes and will get it. 

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Anyone left on the keep him and give him more time train? For. The. Love. 

Apparently the leaders. Why haven't they pulled the trigger?

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Anyone left on the keep him and give him more time train? For. The. Love. 

Rick Neuheisel is on board the Harsin train. 

Edited by AUStew87
  • Haha 3

Hokanson says he makes it through the season, but I dont t see how Auburn can let this continue.

Just now, AUStew87 said:

Rick Neuheisel is on board the Harsin train. 

That guy is an idiot. Can see why he is jobless based on his commentary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2