Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hartwell announced this week. Most likely Friday.

CBH fired at end of the season

1a: Grimes 

1b: Deion

This info has been posted previously in multiple threads by @RunInRed and I.

Thank you for that, I understand that it has been stated multiple times across multiple threads and I appreciate you and the others for their sage information based on what you KNOW. 

My (worthless in the grand scheme) opinion is the above except switched DS 1a Grimes 1b for the simple fact that DS would be electric but that doesn't win football games. I think either would be a step up for us from the past several hires and will support whomever gets the nod just like we did Hardsin until they give us reason not to. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like why is that a hard concept.  Both would be fantastic here. 

IMO, Grimes is better overall because he unites and aligns everybody from the $$, to the BOT, to the Administration, to the players, to the fans. With Deion, there are some on the BOT and $$ that are hesitant due to his inexperience and the potential to "run home to momma".  It's an unknown and has the potential to play out either way.

MY OPINION is that I think he would do really well here. It would be a very exciting time for AU football.

Plus, we might get the opportunity to see Deion instruct PM how to be himself when he interviews him…🤣

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Taker said:

Thank you for that, I understand that it has been stated multiple times across multiple threads and I appreciate you and the others for their sage information based on what you KNOW. 

My (worthless in the grand scheme) opinion is the above except switched DS 1a Grimes 1b for the simple fact that DS would be electric but that doesn't win football games. I think either would be a step up for us from the past several hires and will support whomever gets the nod just like we did Hardsin until they give us reason not to. 

IMO, the difference between whether it is Deion or Grimes would be like the difference between ‘quick-release’ and ‘time-release’ arthritis medicine. If you wanna feel good right now, it’s Deion; if you wanna feel good longer, take Grimes. 

Grimes is the no-brainer for me if those are the final two.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Hartwell announced this week. Most likely Friday.

CBH fired at end of the season

1a: Grimes 

1b: Deion

This info has been posted previously in multiple threads by @RunInRed and I.

Don’t know much about Hartwell outside of what has been shared here so I don’t have an opinion on that. 

Grimes and Deion are my top two. Deion is the flashier hire. Grimes was my top choice because I thought Deion was completely out of the question. I didn’t think Auburn would consider him and I didn’t think he’d consider Auburn. Coach Sanders would be my top choice out of the two since I know he’s a realistic get now. That’s just a personal choice though. I think both are good candidates and could set us on the right track. 

• Like 2

Kiffin was my preference out of the group, but I am fine with Grimes.  Heupel wasn't a glamourous choice for Tennessee but it seems to be the right choice.  I think being the right fit matters over a splash hire.

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Don’t know much about Hartwell outside of what has been shared here so I don’t have an opinion on that. 

Grimes and Deion are my top two. Deion is the flashier hire. Grimes was my top choice because I thought Deion was completely out of the question. I didn’t think Auburn would consider him and I didn’t think he’d consider Auburn. Coach Sanders would be my top choice out of the two since I know he’s a realistic get now. That’s just a personal choice though. I think both are good candidates and could set us on the right track. 

It really is that simple.  Auburn fans need to stop being so tribalistic.  Just because ones like one coach doesn't make another a bad coach or bad hire.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like why is that a hard concept.  Both would be fantastic here. 

IMO, Grimes is better overall because he unites and aligns everybody from the $$, to the BOT, to the Administration, to the players, to the fans. With Deion, there are some on the BOT and $$ that are hesitant due to his inexperience and the potential to "run home to momma".  It's an unknown and has the potential to play out either way.

MY OPINION is that I think he would do really well here. It would be a very exciting time for AU football.

Yeah I’m not so sure about the fan unification, just take a look here. But I’m sure we will warm up to it, mainly because he has been here before. Otherwise people would be like who the hell is this guy? He coached here like 10 years ago? What is it about him that positions him to be so influential after a decade that he can unify the BOT, donors, admin, fans, etc. Is it solely his assistant coaching acumen, recruiting, or a combination of that and his familiarity with Auburn? These are valid questions because is his track record as an assistant has not been far and above other assistant coaches out there. The last national championship he was a part of was at Auburn, which was similar to Gus. So that’s why some feel it’s a bit reminiscent of a JABA hire, and does not move the needle like a Deion Sanders. And before I get dragged I like Grimes as a coach, and he would be a great fit here, not my first choice but one I will support it 100%. 

• Like 2

I'd be fine with either also. 

Deion is intriguing mainly because he's the type of hire and personality that Auburn has never gone for. For all the people who complain about JABA, Sanders would be the biggest departure from that that we could imagine. 

Grimes is more the type of hire that Auburn historically makes, but he does seem to have the intangibles and history in the southeast and could be a good, consistent program builder. I used to be really against coaches without head job experience, but Smart has proven that that doesn't necessarily mean much for the right guy. 

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Who is Hartwell?

John Hartwell . Native of Mobile, AL 

AD at Troy from 2012-2015

AD at Utah State 2015-present 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Otherwise people would be like who the hell is this guy?

That's just not true.  Now maybe some of y'all wouldn't, but he is VERY well known and VERY highly regarded across the NFL and college football.  I keep seeing people post that and just don't understand why.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Also apparently a big fan of NIL. 

Was brought in to Testify for Congress when NIL was being discussed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

I'm not trying to tear down any of his accomplishments I just prefer Deion, Coach Grimes may be the shizzle, but I just feel like Deion would bring some excitement back to the football program like we have on the basketball side. Really winning cures most everything so I'm all for who can come in and start doing a lot of that..:)

i got lucky and watched the deion special on sixty minutes and i am super impressed. with that said my personal opinion is he can help more in need kids where he is so i doubt he leaves. but i would take him. he is teaching values and how to be accountable and all that. he lost two toes recently so do you or anyone know if he is diabetic? i am type 2 now is my reasoning and not to imply he would not be there long. also his coaches ob his staff are getting peanuts to coach so they must love the man and what he is doing for these kids.

37 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Kiffin was my preference out of the group, but I am fine with Grimes.  Heupel wasn't a glamourous choice for Tennessee but it seems to be the right choice.  I think being the right fit matters over a splash hire.

there were people on this very board that said Heupel was not that great a coach and he would fail in the sec. names escape me but it was stated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

there were people on this very board that said Heupel was not that great a coach and he would fail in the sec. names escape me but it was stated.

Every time I would suggest him as a possibility, that certain poster would always tell us how bad he was and what a failure he was . It went along with his other takes. 😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I wasn't one, but it's one year so far and he has a senior at QB let's see how he is in 2 years time. 🤷 

Edited by autiger88
  • Sad 1

Let me throw this out here right now. There are no fantastic hires based on what we know of the candidates here. The only fantastic hire , solely based on performance would be Urban Meyer. Again, solely based on performance . One more time, solely based on performance.

Every other single candidate is a major risk. Some are less riskier than the others. Hugh Freeze and Lane Kiffin would be less risk from a performance standpoint than Grimes or Sanders. Again, from a performance standpoint. One more time for the people in the back, from a performance standpoint. They have head coaching experience in the SEC and shown they can win in this league compared to DS and JG. If you are trying to argue this, you just have questionable objectivity.

The highest risks:

Grimes and Sanders. You guys can cater to who you prefer. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Let me throw this out here right now. There are no fantastic hires based on what we know of the candidates here. The only fantastic hire , solely based on performance would be Urban Meyer. Again, solely based on performance . One more time, solely based on performance.

Every other single candidate is a major risk. Some or less risk than the others. Hugh Freeze and Lane Kiffin would be less risk from a performance standpoint than Grimes or Sanders. Again, from a performance standpoint. One more time for the people in the back, from a performance standpoint. They have head coaching experience in the SEC and shown they can win in this league compared to DS and JG. If you are trying to argue this, you just have questionable objectivity.

The highest risks:

Grimes and Sanders. You guys can cater to who you prefer. 

I love AU, so excuse my opinion. I think AU has major built in advantages. Money, location, mild weather. If we can grab someone who unifies our resources, we can make an elite run.  NIL amd expanded playoffs are an advantage to us. 

32 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Who is Hartwell?

Google, it's an amazing new tech. You can type almost any question into it and it will answer that question. 

• Haha 1