Auburn is back on the national stage.

AuCivilEng1

Deion Sanders would electrify AU. If he comes then he brings "the home run" attitude to relevance. That means AU swung for the fence and knocked it out of the park. 

His coaching attitude is the same. Kids will be playing with his "home run" attitude and that gets 2 & 3* athletes to play at the 5* level. 

I believe Coach Caddy should stay until Deion comes. The love Caddy has for AU is our much needed change. It's gonna be great to see the boys play hard for someone that loves them. 

Not digging Lane. I think that would open up the spot at Ole Miss and then Deion would go to Ole Miss. That would not benefit Auburn in the best way.

Keep Caddy till Deion comes!

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Deion Sanders would electrify AU. If he comes then he brings "the home run" attitude to relevance. That means AU swung for the fence and knocked it out of the park. 

His coaching attitude is the same. Kids will be playing with his "home run" attitude and that gets 2 & 3* athletes to play at the 5* level. 

I believe Coach Caddy should stay until Deion comes. The love Caddy has for AU is our much needed change. It's gonna be great to see the boys play hard for someone that loves them. 

Not digging Lane. I think that would open up the spot at Ole Miss and then Deion would go to Ole Miss. That would not benefit Auburn in the best way.

Keep Caddy till Deion comes!

He'd electrify AU until the lossess started piling up. How does anybody even know if Sanders would take the Auburn job? He hasn't finished what he started at JSU and he certainly won't be swayed by money.

18 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just for what it's worth.  My #1 choice is Deion. Simply because I think he will do a great job at all facets of what  HC should do. Not cause of how he looks, but cause he is qualified to lead young men and win ball games. BTW, you can possess the previous qualities without ever being a HC in the SEC. I still feel like Danny Hugh will get it and Im cool with that too.

Obviously I love your Prime choice. Your Danny Hugh prediction is fading by the day, unless both Prime & Kiffin turn AU down, which I don't see happening.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He'd electrify AU until the lossess started piling up

Texas           5-3

Oklahoma           5-3

Miami           4-4

Florida           4-4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Texas           5-3

Oklahoma           5-3

Miami           4-4

Florida           4-4

So we agree, Harsin's recruiting sucked. Beyond that, what's your point?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It shows the losses are piling up at those five programs, yet they're in the Top 10 in recruiting.

Didn't Oklahoma lose by 500 points to Texas? Yet Venables' recruiting is unaffected.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Do you honestly believe that Grimes could out recruit Deion, Saban , Smart or Kiffin? Come on man, you have to be smarter than that. The game is all about talent and after this year, we will need a lot of it. Grimes would bring nothing to the table compared to Deion, that’s a fact. You already have recruits saying if Deion comes here then they would come. No other candidate can bring that much talent to Auburn like Deion…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Do you honestly believe that Grimes could out recruit Deion, Saban , Smart or Kiffin? Come on man, you have to be smarter than that. The game is all about talent and after this year, we will need a lot of it. Grimes would bring nothing to the table compared to Deion, that’s a fact. You already have recruits saying if Deion comes here then they would come. No other candidate can bring that much talent to Auburn like Deion…

How many recruits have actually said this? I know one tweeted about it. Have there been more? I don't follow Twitter closely enough to keep up.

Edited by msza

2 minutes ago, msza said:

How many recruits have actually said this? I know one tweeted about it. Have there been more? I don't follow Twitter closely enough to keep up.

There are articles on Auburn 247 and On3 Auburn about recruits talking about Deion unsolicited. He’s the only coach that they bring up, no other coach gets mentioned. I really believe so many Auburn people are ignorant and naive about the impact Deion would have here. He’s not some Joe Schmoe coach from the SWAC who’s had a couple of great years. People are very closed minded on what Deion’s brand entails and what it would do for Auburn…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Grimes was an excellent recruiter at Auburn and has continued to be at his other stops. He's recruited and won against the best in the business. Sanders has landed a few notable recruits by selling the "Let's help HBCU's" thing. He wouldn't be able to use that sales pitch at Auburn. Grimes has a track record of successful recruiting at the highest level. Sanders has a cult following that speculates that he can succeed at something he's never tried.

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

It shows the losses are piling up at those five programs, yet they're in the Top 10 in recruiting.

Didn't Oklahoma lose by 500 points to Texas? Yet Venables' recruiting is unaffected.

So, it doesn't matter who AU hires or how many games they lose, AU will still recruit well? That seems to be what you are saying.

Just now, Mikey said:

Grimes was an excellent recruiter at Auburn and has continued to be at his other stops. He's recruited and won against the best in the business. Sanders has landed a few notable recruits by selling the "Let's help HBCU's" thing. He wouldn't be able to use that sales pitch at Auburn. Grimes has a track record of successful recruiting at the highest level. Sanders has a cult following that speculates that he can succeed at something he's never tried.

So, it doesn't matter who AU hires or how many games they lose, AU will still recruit well? That seems to be what you are saying.

Again, another ignorant comment. The people that don’t like Deion are REALLY undervaluing what he brings that no other candidate does…

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

Again, another ignorant comment. The people that don’t like Deion are REALLY undervaluing what he brings that no other candidate does…

I don't like or dislike Sanders. In the unlikely event that he's hired at AU I'll certainly root for him and hope for the best. I wonder what you and your fellow cult members will do if/when our new, professional AD selects someone other than Sanders?

Calling your assumptions about Sanders' impact at Auburn assumptions is not ignorance. It's calling assumptions assumptions. There's no history there to back those assumptions up.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Grimes was a marginal recruiter while at Auburn and I seriously doubt he is remotely in the same recruiting league as Sanders. I find it really strange people want Grimes that has never been a head coach and disregard Sanders by stating he has limited head coaching experience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't like or dislike Sanders. In the unlikely event that he's hired at AU I'll certainly root for him and hope for the best. I wonder what you and your fellow cult members will do if/when our new, professional AD selects someone other than Sanders?

Calling your assumptions about Sanders' impact at Auburn assumptions is not ignorance. It's calling assumptions assumptions. There's no history there to back those assumptions up.

These aren’t assumptions. There is factual evidence that Deion can recruit lights out when recruits are saying unsolicited that they would come here if Deion was the coach. He’s my first choice yes, but I would also give other candidates  a chance unless it was Freeze and then I would never root for Auburn…

16 hours ago, woodford said:

What coordinators would he get? They’ll be paid well but it’s quite a career risk going with a new HC like Sanders. 

That’s my biggest concern. He will get some guys. We know that. But will he have them in the best position to make plays? It’s a legit question no matter how hard people roll their eyes. 

Have you even looked at the guys on staff that he has at JSU? Really? There have been threads on this...here is a link https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/coaches

go take a look and see what he has there.  If you don't think he can draw in some folks at a higher level...need to think again.  I don't like the air raid offense that is currently being run but doesn't mean that he won't change it at AU.

3 minutes ago, keywest said:

Grimes was a marginal recruiter while at Auburn and I seriously doubt he is remotely in the same recruiting league as Sanders. I find it really strange people want Grimes that has never been a head coach and disregard Sanders by stating he has limited head coaching experience.

He has limited coaching experience period and none of it is anywhere close to being at a P5 program.

3 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

These aren’t assumptions. There is factual evidence that Deion can recruit lights out when recruits are saying unsolicited that they would come here if Deion was the coach. He’s my first choice yes, but I would also give other candidates  a chance unless it was Freeze and then I would never root for Auburn…

I'll root for Auburn no matter who is the head coach, but that's getting off into some religious conviction area that you have.

Can you name those recruits who have promised to flip to AU if Sanders is hired? Gott'a go now. Bye.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I'll root for Auburn no matter who is the head coach, but that's getting off into some religious conviction area that you have.

Can you name those recruits who have promised to flip to AU if Sanders is hired? Gott'a go now. Bye.

Not a religious person whatsoever. Just a guy who has some morals and ethics. Also, go read Auburn sites and they have articles from anonymous recruits talking about this. Have a good day…

18 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Kiffin has the experience, Deion has the swag and notoriety, Freeze has a good track record as far as coaching and building, but I assure you, none have the love for AU that Caddy has. Just my 10 cents worth, with inflation so high. 

AMEN!  If we win 3 of the last ballgames, give him a shot.

Edited by saminbama

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He gonna turn in his fan card if Danny Hugh is hired.  

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Obviously I love your Prime choice. Your Danny Hugh prediction is fading by the day, unless both Prime & Kiffin turn AU down, which I don't see happening.

Na Danny Hugh still hanging around. Be curious to see how his team does against the Hogs today

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He has limited coaching experience period and none of it is anywhere close to being at a P5 program.

Again, Grimes has a long resume of being a marginal recruiter at best with big budgets and ZERO head coaching experience. Sanders in a very SHORT time has proven to be an outstanding recruiter with extremely limited budget (signed the top 18 recruits in the history of JSU in less than 24 months), assemble a very talented staff (better than Harsin's) with limited budget at small program, head coaching experience, it is beyond clear kids WANT to play for him and he would be a PR machine (unlike Grimes).

Edited by keywest

14 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Friggin Clemson. We’ve been completely surpassed by friggin Clemson. Just say that 3 times. Their mascot looks like a kid saying trick or treat earlier this week. Hire prime and let’s end this upside down whacko universe!

image.thumb.png.1f4d01143f07d3001de5634c97c38533.png

They should be the Great Value Tigers. 

College football at the highest levels is now all about NIL deals. I predict that the players of the team whose university is smart enough to hire Coach Prime will see a big increase in their NIL deals. Hopefully that team will be Auburn.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If Auburn doesn’t hire Sanders I’m all for his cult followers to leave the fanbase. Still trying to understand how he became the Beatles over night. 

• Thanks 1