My final take on Freeze

auburnatl1

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

1. personally i think auburn goes with grimes. he loved auburn when he was here and he has been around long enough to know whats what. 2. if freeze is hired which is a real possibility i just hope they add in his contract no stupid stuff and make the penalty harsh is he breaks his word instead of giving him a hefty buy out.#. i think stoops is a great coach but it took a minute or two for him to get kentucky and this is a worry as we have so much catching up to do.4. i like lane and i think he would do well but we would need to get a dang good D guy. % none of these are in order or even who i want so much as what i think. i really think lanning would do well here as well. he sure knows talent.and if he came here he might bring bo back. i blame harsin for bo. i heard he was not being a prima donna but wanted harsins schemes to be more friendly towards him.  also at the end of the day i am just a fan and probably would not know the difference between my behind and third base. and my being quicker is selfish in that i want to see us winning again before i kick.

I hate freeze as a hire with a passion. But I don’t see what incentive he’d have to leave Liberty at 5M a year for a place that would put those caveats in his contract.

Roberts and Cohens need to be in Lynchburg as I type on Hughes front lawn, and not accepting no for an answer, and it's not even close. With a blank check I might add, that is all I will say, see y'all when this is over, oh, by the way at the game last night no state fan mention Cohens name to us but who do you think will be y'all next coach will be when was  Freeze was mentioned crickets from them they know he is a game changer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I hate freeze as a hire with a passion. But I don’t see what incentive he’d have to leave Liberty at 5M a year for a place that would put those caveats in his contract.

if this is true he can keep his behind right where he is at. i do value redemption when it is sincere. to me there is nothing worse than rewarding bad behavior but how do we know he has not been rehabilitated? it is hard to believe what you hear anymore. this is why i would hope they more than make sure he toes the line. it is my understanding freeze wants to be back in the big time and someone will give him a chance down the road.most coaches have big ego's and want to prove their worth. and since he and gus are friends i imagine he would know what he was getting into.

19 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Roberts and Cohens need to be in Lynchburg as I type on Hughes front lawn, and not accepting no for an answer, and it's not even close. With a blank check I might add, that is all I will say, see y'all when this is over, oh, by the way at the game last night no state fan mention Cohens name to us but who do you think will be y'all next coach will be when was  Freeze was mentioned crickets from them they know he is a game changer.

Don't think it would take much, Danny Hugh will crawl to AU

• Like 1

It's astonishing to me the people on here who skewer Danny Hugh seem to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to Deions past transgressions.  Go do some research and get an informed opinion. Again, Deion is my #1 but it's just fair to vet everyone the same way. The irony is off the charts with some of you cats. Either talk about all the candidates past or talk about none. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

Roberts and Cohens need to be in Lynchburg as I type on Hughes front lawn, and not accepting no for an answer, and it's not even close. With a blank check I might add, that is all I will say, see y'all when this is over, oh, by the way at the game last night no state fan mention Cohens name to us but who do you think will be y'all next coach will be when  Freeze was mentioned crickets from them they know he is a game changer.

Roberts and Cohens need to be in Lynchburg as I type on Hughes front lawn, and not accepting no for an answer, and it's not even close. With a blank check I might add, that is all I will say, see y'all when this is over, oh, by the way at the game last night no state fan mention Cohens name to us but who do you think will be y'all next coach will be when Freeze was mentioned crickets from them they know he is a game changer.

34 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Roberts and Cohens need to be in Lynchburg as I type on Hughes front lawn, and not accepting no for an answer, and it's not even close. With a blank check I might add, that is all I will say, see y'all when this is over, oh, by the way at the game last night no state fan mention Cohens name to us but who do you think will be y'all next coach will be when Freeze was mentioned crickets from them they know he is a game changer.

You can say that again!

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Freeze is pure and literally only AU thinking.  Looks great at the lower coach-em up tiers. But we’re  in a 5* arms race today. Gus got mauled and freeze is next. Freeze is not an elite recruiter, especially today.   More bad press (which further hurts recruiting),upsetting many fans and endless debates. All for  …. freeze. But he’s your guy. The 3 year get/feel better against arky/msu then hit the uga wall cycle continues. Amazing to watch.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

My list:

1)Prime

2)Kiffin

3)Grimes

4)Laning 

5)Freeze

The fact that we you can make a list like that and all 5 of those guys are legit candidates is amazing. Auburn is in such a great position. If we had to settle for number 5 on the list, we are still getting Hugh Freeze. Please, Auburn, don’t freaking botch this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The fact that we you can make a list like that and all 5 of those guys are legit candidates is amazing. Auburn is in such a great position. If we had to settle for number 5 on the list, we are still getting Hugh Freeze. Please, Auburn, don’t freaking botch this!

Yep...

I would be happy with any of those five. Any of those five would be successful... I would take any of those five over the names that we were looking at the last hiring cycle (Cristobal,Napier ect)

• Like 3

After seeing all the discussions and opinions of lots of posters here, I have decided on my first choice. I respect all those opinions and would not be terribly upset with any of them. After yesterday my heart would like it to be Caddy but I know that's not the right pick at this time. So I'm going to cast my first place pick as........

Hugh Freeze.

• Like 2

i would not be unhappy with freeze as long as he does not leave us in the cold..........grins

6 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Somebody may have already made a similar statement to this but I don't have time to read all the posts... I think Freeze should have been offered the job immediately after the Arky game last night...What we waiting for???

I just don’t see us hiring Hugh Freeze. Yes, he can coach and excel at Liberty. But his reputation would continue our rivals successful negative recruiting campaign against us. He has too much baggage and not enough success to overcome that in my book. On the other hand, look at Urban Meyer. He has 3 National Championships, so I think that alone would overcome any negative publicity against him. 

Secondly, I think IF we were going to hire Hugh Freeze, it would’ve been much easier to hire him and win immediately after we fired Gus. We still had talent on this roster and the transition from Malzahn’s offense to Gus’ offense would’ve been much smoother than what he’d inherit right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Secondly, I think IF we were going to hire Hugh Freeze, it would’ve been much easier to hire him and win immediately after we fired Gus. We still had talent on this roster and the transition from Malzahn’s offense to Gus’ offense would’ve been much smoother than what he’d inherit right now

Come on now, anyone who was paying attention during his last couple of years knows that the transition from a Malzahn offense to a Gus offense is anything but smooth...

...I kid.

Edited by msza

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

I just don’t see us hiring Hugh Freeze. Yes, he can coach and excel at Liberty. But his reputation would continue our rivals successful negative recruiting campaign against us. He has too much baggage and not enough success to overcome that in my book. On the other hand, look at Urban Meyer. He has 3 National Championships, so I think that alone would overcome any negative publicity against him. 

Secondly, I think IF we were going to hire Hugh Freeze, it would’ve been much easier to hire him and win immediately after we fired Gus. We still had talent on this roster and the transition from Malzahn’s offense to Gus’ offense would’ve been much smoother than what he’d inherit right now. 

Every sports channel from ESPN, to SEC Network, to Fox Sports are gushing over Hugh Freeze and the coaching job he’s doing. They aren’t beating the drum of his past. I’ve posted this before, but right or wrong most of us have very short memories on the transgression’s of celebrities, politicians, and coaches. Gus is a very high character guy, but our rivals were negative recruiting against us like crazy when he was here. Not for his morals, but for underperforming and wasting talent. 

• Love 2

8 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

My list:

1)Prime

2)Kiffin

3)Grimes

4)Laning 

5)Freeze

My biggest hang up with Kiffin (besides his lackadaisical energy) is that if, for some reason, it fails like Jimbo has failed we’re stuck with a buyout we probably can’t afford.

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There is actually no information to suggest any of these are interested.

• Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

My biggest hang up with Kiffin (besides his lackadaisical energy) is that if, for some reason, it fails like Jimbo has failed we’re stuck with a buyout we probably can’t afford.

Yep that’s the gamble with Kiffin.

Hes going to cost the most of any of the candidates 

One fact for sure that is very consistent over the years: None of the AU sites have any idea who is going to get hired and they know nothing.  Very Telling that even PM said recently that Roberts & Cohen are keeping everything close to the vest and that AU will probably know about a new coach a few hours before he is hired.

As was posted on here recently, these sites are there for money and clicks. they create a platform for fans to talk while they make $ of members. They need clicks, and to get clicks they create lists of who everyone “thinks”’ is a good choice while also adding a few home run coaches and a few stinkers for bait. 
In the end we get terry, Tommy, Chizik,  Gus, and Harsin. None of them other than Gus were in the top 5 of candidates at the time. Samford, Iowa state, Arkansas state, and Boise state… only Tommy was from the SEC but OM was Terrible back then. Basically our coaches have all been from bottom feeder programs or non P5. 
Imagine if we were to actually go after a big name coach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Every sports channel from ESPN, to SEC Network, to Fox Sports are gushing over Hugh Freeze and the coaching job he’s doing. They aren’t beating the drum of his past. I’ve posted this before, but right or wrong most of us have very short memories on the transgression’s of celebrities, politicians, and coaches. Gus is a very high character guy, but our rivals were negative recruiting against us like crazy when he was here. Not for his morals, but for underperforming and wasting talent. 

The one thing that stands out to me about Freeze is that when he beat Tuscaloosa Kirby roam the sideline as the defensive coord.. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Redemption, prestige of the SEC, facilities, fertile recruiting grounds…..I could go on and on about the reasons a coach would leave Liberty to come to Auburn.  To say is all about money is just silly and naïve. 

Auburn could probably pay Freeze similar to what he is making at Liberty and he’d still crawl here from VA.  Its all the other things that makes the job enticing to him. 

His daughter and her husband also live in Auburn so he has ties to the area.  

As for the other candidates listed, the only one I could see not having a lot of interest is Lanning since he just got to Oregon and honestly he is the one with the most risk to me as he has been an HC one year and it would take Kiffin like money probably to get him.

Kiffen:  Recruiting, NIL, facilities, better chance at championships 

Prime:  Has said repeatedly he’d have to look at P5 jobs and Auburn’s proximity to ATL plus all the other incentives….NIL, facilities, etc.  Also, for better exposure for his son, if he’s going to make a move now is the best time for Shedeur to give him two years in the P5.  Plus I’m pretty sure just to prove his haters wrong who say he’s not ready to make the leap to P5.  He is.  

Grimes:  A shot at HC at a top SEC program that he has familiarity with. 

To say none of those candidates would have interest just doesn’t mesh with fact.  Each aside from possibly Lanning has multiple reasons why a move to Auburn would be enticing. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2