Bobby Petrino to Texas A&M

PoetTiger

i was just going to post this. also the word is  briles is considering leaving arkie to mississippi state and he was supposedly offered two mil a year which is the going rate for outstanding coordinators.

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

I realize he is not the head coach but we took a lot of heat for Freeze. Curious to see if he gets the same blowback. 

the way life is is it is ok for some to dip into the cess pool while others are not allowed the same when it happens. the game has changed with players getting paid so now it is more about hired guns and winning than it is about the normal feel good fluff about college ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ain't gonna lie, this one causes me to worry a bit. Jimbo was guaranteed to screw up. Petrino can coach a freaking offense. And with their talent...

• Like 4

This is a great hire by Jimbo. I’ve caught some BP games the last couple of years and he can still dial it upon offense. Conner Weigman has a lot of talent and Petrino will make him better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I realize he is not the head coach but we took a lot of heat for Freeze. Curious to see if he gets the same blowback. 

There will be some blowback like we got, but our hiring of CHF was nothing like the crucifixion many predicted. It will be similar for Petrino. In reality the media spent about 4-5 days rehashing the same articles regurgitating Freeze’s past. Now they’re writing about his solid recruiting efforts. The American audience has a very short attention span. 

• Like 1

Good hire on paper but I dont see Jimbo giving up much control. 

• 10 months later...

The jokes almost write themselves 😂

Pittman pulling the nuclear option, in complete desperation mode.  I think Petrino, like Jimbo, is way past his prime.  

• Like 2

Wow, as Golf said; "Weird" What's the chances of ole Harley riddin Bob being named HC of the hogpen after next year?

Edited by cctiger
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Wow, as Golf said; "Weird" What's the chances of ole Harley riddin Bob being named HC of the hogpen after next year?

Pittman fired midseason, Petrino to interim and then HC in 2025 is my prediction. My Arkansas buddy hates that he’s back on campus. He didn’t leave them on the best of terms. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Pittman fired midseason, Petrino to interim and then HC in 2025 is my prediction. My Arkansas buddy hates that he’s back on campus. He didn’t leave them on the best of terms. 

It’s no coincidence to me that Arkansas announced this the same day they announced a new NIL collective. Fans went from wanting Pittman gone yesterday and being apathetic to galvanizing behind Petrino and being fully on board.

Gotta love how irrational sports makes us all.

• Like 2