LB Austin Keys Commits to Auburn

toddc

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Just for my own curiosity, I see Keys is listed as a 3 star transfer by most services. Did we consider him better than the UVA, Oregon st, and UGA LB's?

We are still trying to get the UVA guy but he is staying at Virginia until he graduates. No idea about the other two.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I felt this!!!! Today def was a sit down in the recliner. Kick back and watch some golden girls until the AU basketball game kind of night!!! 😆😁

Curious what @GwillMac6beverage of choice is on a glorious Saturday like that is?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

These days the high school recruiting is about all wrapped up in December. You and all the rest of us will have to wait until early signing day in December of 2023 to see how well we do.

Agree completely.  That is my point though.  When we have this kind of success in the HS ranks I will be happy.

We also need to see it play out on the field.  It has been disheartening the past few years when we were able to get that big time name recruit and then they never met that potential on the field. That actually might make me happier.  If all our recruits actually meet their full potential.  War Eagle.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

We are still trying to get the UVA guy but he is staying at Virginia until he graduates. No idea about the other two.

Sorry, but being a professor at UVA, it's still one of the top schools. And you don't stop this close to graduating just to transfer to an SEC School.

That is not a knock on Auburn, in any shape former fashion. UVA is just a step below an Ivy League degree. No SEC School can say that, not even Vanderbilt. I hope he comes, because he is bloody good. I don't blame the young man waiting until after he graduates with a degree from UVA to transfer in.

Edited by 1716AU
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Sorry, but being a professor at UVA, it's still one of the top schools. And you don't stop this close to graduating just to transfer to an SEC School.

That is not a knock on Auburn, in any shape former fashion. UVA is just a step below and ivy League degree. No SEC School can say that, not even Vanderbilt. I hope he comes, because he is bloody good. I don't blame the young man waiting until after he graduates with a degree from UVA to transfer in.

UVA is just a step below and ivy League degree??

“And” what else?

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

“And” what else?

Sorry, this phone hates dictation.  My fault for not checking my work.

On 1/15/2023 at 5:42 PM, 1716AU said:

That is not a knock on Auburn, in any shape former fashion. UVA is just a step below an Ivy League degree. No SEC School can say that, not even Vanderbilt. I hope he comes, because he is bloody good. I don't blame the young man waiting until after he graduates with a degree from UVA to transfer in.

Vanderbilt not in the same tier as UVA? What are you basing this on?

• Like 3

With all due respect, because UVA is a very good school, Vanderbilt finishes higher in most rankings than UVA.  The average SAT score at Vandy is 1505, and 1500 puts you in the top 25% at Virginia.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:09 PM, AU-24 said:

“And” what else?

Compared to an Auburn degree, yes. Emphatically.

I have a degree from Yale. My wife from UVA.  I know of what I speak.  

We are a breed apart.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

40 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

We are a breed apart.

I don't think anyone was arguing that. This response doesn't address what @Cardin Drake and @woodford were talking about.

51 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

We are a breed apart.

Well, I've got me a German Shepherd and a Labrador.  I might have to give one of them there yalies a try sometime. Sounds purdy good.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, 1716AU said:

We are a breed apart.

It's pretty subjective. Plenty of people go to Auburn and become engineers or what not and make great money.

I still don't know see how UVA is in a tier above Vandy. Again, all subjective. It's mainly about networking. Test score wise, they might differ, but Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, Texas, Georgia, Florida, UCLA are all great schools. If you go there and absolutely kill it with networking and grades you can work just about anywhere.

If you want to be a part of the parasitic class and work on Wall Street or in DC then yeah Ivy League is a much better option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

This tweet made a lot of ole miss fans mad. They were talking about he was “scared to compete“ and was “too slow”

Honestly, I would be also. The portal giveth, the portal taketh away. They've had their fair share of both. 

On 1/19/2023 at 10:53 PM, 1716AU said:

We are a breed apart.

“A breed apart”. Lol. 

Edited by Gowebb11

On 1/19/2023 at 9:53 PM, 1716AU said:

We are a breed apart.

And yet.... here you are.

• Haha 4