• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Walker White #9

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Over/under on how many will actually finish with their school and not transfer out …

• Like 1

Although I seriously doubt any of these above him recruited better than him.  That is valuable and puts him higher on the board to me. In other words, WW is likely the best QB on this board for Hugh Freeze and Auburn.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Over/under on how many will actually finish with their school and not transfer out …

• ellitor changed the title to UGA 2024 QB commits
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Under easily.

That was really just another way to say 50/50...

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

That was really just another way to say 50/50...

you-have-to-commit-to-that-do.gif

• Haha 2

• Thanks 2

Reel him in 2W!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

White: ‘I’m trying to get some dogs around me’

AUBURN | A 30-minute phone conversation with Bo Nix several months ago still resonates with .

The Auburn quarterback commitment is putting some of that advice into practice this weekend.

“I’m trying to gets some dogs around me,” said White. “That’s what I need. Bo Nix once told me, ‘You’re as good as the guys around you.’ So I’m just really trying to work on some.

White is working hard to help Auburn build a top 2024 class.

"I see myself as an extension of the coaching staff on the field and in the recruiting world. I’ve just really taken that to heart."

The Tigers are hosting six official visitors this weekend in 4-star athlete from Meridian (Miss.) High, 4-star outside linebacker from Clanton (Ala.) High, a Georgia commit, 4-star cornerback from Parkview in Kilburn, Ga., 4-star safety from Naples (Fla.) High, 3-star offensive guard from Katy (Texas) High and 3-star offensive guard from Creekside in Fairburn, Ga.

White made the trip from Little Rock, Ark., this weekend to participate in an elite camp Friday and help recruit the talented group. 

“I’m just excited to get around them and just create those relationships,” said White. “That’s the biggest thing I’ve taken to heart. If you just show the recruits who you are and you be authentic, whether they click with you or not, you want guys you can connect with.

“I know Daniel Hill released his top eight and Auburn is one of those. I’m just gonna try to narrow that to a top one and try to get him here with us. That would be a huge grab.”

White opted to participate in the camp despite being committed to Auburn since February, which came as a bit of a surprise to several of the other campers.

6'3" | 210 lbs | DUAL QB | 2024

Little Rock Christian

“I just love working with Coach (Philip) Montgomery,” said White. “Someone asked me there in line, ‘You’re committed here, right?’ I was like, ‘Yeah.’ They were like, ‘Why are you at camp?’ I was like, ‘I just want to compete.’

“This staff besides Coach Montgomery hasn’t seen me throw yet. So I wanted to come show them my arm, show them what I can do and how I can improve. And just compete with the guys.”

The opportunity to work with Montgomery was one of the highlights of the camp for White.

“I was like, ‘This feels right,’” said White. “Then I would turn around and listen to Coach (Jesse) Stone and Coach (Kent) Austin. All these guys are pouring into me and trying to grow me.

“That was one of the biggest reasons I’m goin to come here because I know I’m going to get developed. There’s so many coaches with so much experience that can teach me. It’s just really special.”

White is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 3 dual-threat quarterback and No. 146 overall prospect by Rivals.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Some on here had hoped WW would be back on the big OV weekend of June 16th to help AU recruit but his team is in a 7 on 7 tournament elsewhere that weekend so he will not be in AU.

@autan

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Some on here had hoped WW would be back on the big OV weekend of June 16th to help AU recruit but his team is in a 7 on 7 tournament elsewhere that weekend so he will not be in AU.

@autan

May be one reason he came for this camp, to recruit.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:06 PM, toddc said:

White: ‘I’m trying to get some dogs around me’

AUBURN | A 30-minute phone conversation with Bo Nix several months ago still resonates with .

The Auburn quarterback commitment is putting some of that advice into practice this weekend.

“I’m trying to gets some dogs around me,” said White. “That’s what I need. Bo Nix once told me, ‘You’re as good as the guys around you.’ So I’m just really trying to work on some.

White is working hard to help Auburn build a top 2024 class.

"I see myself as an extension of the coaching staff on the field and in the recruiting world. I’ve just really taken that to heart."

The Tigers are hosting six official visitors this weekend in 4-star athlete from Meridian (Miss.) High, 4-star outside linebacker from Clanton (Ala.) High, a Georgia commit, 4-star cornerback from Parkview in Kilburn, Ga., 4-star safety from Naples (Fla.) High, 3-star offensive guard from Katy (Texas) High and 3-star offensive guard from Creekside in Fairburn, Ga.

White made the trip from Little Rock, Ark., this weekend to participate in an elite camp Friday and help recruit the talented group. 

“I’m just excited to get around them and just create those relationships,” said White. “That’s the biggest thing I’ve taken to heart. If you just show the recruits who you are and you be authentic, whether they click with you or not, you want guys you can connect with.

“I know Daniel Hill released his top eight and Auburn is one of those. I’m just gonna try to narrow that to a top one and try to get him here with us. That would be a huge grab.”

White opted to participate in the camp despite being committed to Auburn since February, which came as a bit of a surprise to several of the other campers.

6'3" | 210 lbs | DUAL QB | 2024

Little Rock Christian

“I just love working with Coach (Philip) Montgomery,” said White. “Someone asked me there in line, ‘You’re committed here, right?’ I was like, ‘Yeah.’ They were like, ‘Why are you at camp?’ I was like, ‘I just want to compete.’

“This staff besides Coach Montgomery hasn’t seen me throw yet. So I wanted to come show them my arm, show them what I can do and how I can improve. And just compete with the guys.”

The opportunity to work with Montgomery was one of the highlights of the camp for White.

“I was like, ‘This feels right,’” said White. “Then I would turn around and listen to Coach (Jesse) Stone and Coach (Kent) Austin. All these guys are pouring into me and trying to grow me.

“That was one of the biggest reasons I’m goin to come here because I know I’m going to get developed. There’s so many coaches with so much experience that can teach me. It’s just really special.”

White is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 3 dual-threat quarterback and No. 146 overall prospect by Rivals.

man this guy is impressive. it would not shock me to see him playing as a freshman even if it is just sharing. i believe he has all the tools and like he said he wants some dawgs around him. this is as excited as i have ever been for a qb in as long as i remember. cam snuck up on me. i think we get a serious D to help out and the sky is the limit.

• Like 2

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ESPN lists Walker White among elite 2024 quarterbacks

Taylor Jones

Walker White/247Sports

Auburn’s current top commitment to the program for the 2024 cycle was quite a surprise.

Most recruiting analysts suggested four-star quarterback Walker White would land at either Clemson or Ole Miss, but all it took was one step into Jordan-Hare Stadium for White to realize where he truly wanted to be.

Buy Tigers Tickets

“My heart sank and I pictured myself playing on that field and I told myself, I said ‘Yeah, this is where I want to play.’ At the end of the day, it just felt right,” White said in an interview with 247Sports in February. “I’m at peace with it, and all my family has told me that they’re going to support me through this, so I’m very happy.”

Despite being a top-10 quarterback for the 2024 cycle, White is not competing in this week’s Elite 11 finals in California. However, ESPN still considers White one of the elite quarterbacks in the 2024 class. It lists him as a top-five dual-threat quarterback.

ESPN’s Tom Luginbill said White gives Freeze plenty to work with, which will aid his development.

White has a lot of upside. He has played other positions besides QB, so he needs to develop fundamental consistency. But there is a lot of clay for Hugh Freeze and the coaching staff at Auburn to mold. White can be prone to take risks with the ball because of confidence in his arm.

His skills are an advantage, but the situation he will walk into may be his strongest advantage. Luginbill sees White having the chance to climb high on the depth chart during his freshman season.

Auburn needs improved quarterback play in the worst way. It welcomes Michigan State transfer Payton Thorne this season to battle with redshirt sophomore Robby Ashford and redshirt freshman Holden Geriner. Once White arrives, the Tigers will have a thin quarterback room, so he could compete for the No. 2 or 3 spot as a true freshman (though a redshirt year could be best for his development).

White passed for over 2,000 yards over the last two seasons with 49  touchdown tosses. Luginbill compares White to Will Levis due to his consistent delivery and his dynamic running ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 3

On 6/17/2023 at 7:51 PM, toddc said:

White is not competing in this week’s Elite 11 finals in California

Did he just not do well at the regional events or didn't do them?

On 6/17/2023 at 7:51 PM, toddc said:

White passed for over 2,000 yards over the last two seasons

That seems like it has to be incorrect, unless he wasn't the starter

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Did he just not do well at the regional events or didn't do them?

@W.E.D Was not able to attend most of the regional camps to qualify for the finals.

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That seems like it has to be incorrect, unless he wasn't the starter

Should say 2000 each season. Per Max preps he did it once & barely missed another season.

https://www.maxpreps.com/ar/little-rock/little-rock-christian-academy-warriors/athletes/walker-white/football/stats/?careerid=knooj32v4ch00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1