2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

What is the thing that the reporter is doing with his head in the intro?    WDE WW!

Weird.

That RB is HUGE!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m a smidge conspiratorial… thoughts?

@mustache eagle Can't be a conspiracy when all our other commits that were in the 250, moved up. Some by quite a bit.

On 8/19/2023 at 8:39 AM, toddc said:

WW has himself a night to open the season.

That’s a confident QB. He and Perry Thompson are going to score a lot together. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Weird.

That RB is HUGE!

He reminds me of Kam Pettway. He’s going to be a load in the SEC. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Bruh no comp at all

Thats Arkansas unfortunately. I am always pleasantly reserve on expectations with any recruit  that comes out from Arkansas. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's Aekansas. What do you expect?

Good point. But for the last several years, I'm not sure any AU QB could've had those stats throwing against air

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Good point. But for the last several years, I'm not sure any AU QB could've had those stats throwing against air

I'm sure of it... 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Save us next year Walker! 
giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d77vi27t203uipdb6vcb

Think we're going to need to take another shot at the TP to give him at least a year's warmup.

I'm going to be...putting it mildly, irritated...if going into next year we have no expectations of record improvement (8-5 territory). And if we're forced to start him next year, that's possibly where we'll be...

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Think we're going to need to take another shot at the TP to give him at least a year's warmup.

I'm going to be...putting it mildly, irritated...if going into next year we have no expectations of record improvement (8-5 territory). And if we're forced to start him next year, that's possibly where we'll be...

If he's encouraged to hang around, Holden Geriner will have quite a jump on Walker by next fall. If we are to improve on this year's record (no matter what it is) then it will have to be with Geriner next year.

14 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Save us next year Walker! 
giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d77vi27t203uipdb6vcb

Hell no, that’s a lot of pressure to put on a true freshman. But if he goes into practice and takes the starting spot then good for him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

If he's encouraged to hang around, Holden Geriner will have quite a jump on Walker by next fall. If we are to improve on this year's record (no matter what it is) then it will have to be with Geriner next year.

Unless we hit portal again.

White: 'Auburn will be a winning program'

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

The weekend couldn't have gone better for Walker White.

Auburn's quarterback commit visited the Plains for his first game day experience over the weekend, while on his official visits. From having his whole family with him, to watching all the pregame festivities, and through seeing Auburn almost upset No. 1 Georgia, it was all he had hoped for and more.

"It went perfectly," White said. "This weekend was really fun, it was my first Auburn game to be at and the atmosphere exceeded my expectations."

Walker White took his official visit to Georgia over the weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Before the game, White got to witness his first Tiger Walk, alongside some of Auburn's other commits and top targets. He'd seen other "walks" before at other programs, but nothing compared to the Tiger Walk.

"It was just so exciting and cool to see the fanbase show up for something as simple as watching the players walk in," White said. "The dedication these fans have is very inspiring and I just can’t wait to play under it myself."

Once inside the stadium, White took in Auburn's close game with Georgia, while being extremely impressed with the support the crowd showed. His favorite part, though, was hearing the roar of Jordan Hare Stadium when Auburn forced a pair of turnovers.

White, alongside several members of the 2024 class, cheered with them.

"I’ve said this before, this recruiting class — we’re all very close to each other, we have good relationships, we’re very transparent and everyone was very positive about everything," White said. "It looks promising for Auburn this year and in the future and for our class, we’re just excited to be a part of it and be a part of bringing Auburn back up."

With the closeness of the game, White is hoping that it opens the eyes of some other recruits that were at the game.

"It’s hard not to almost open your eyes," White said. "Auburn wasn’t great last year and now they’re competing with the No. 1 team in the country, only losing by one touchdown. If their (other recruits) thought process is 'Oh, I want to go to place that’s going to win,' you can’t count Auburn out of that category."

White plans to return to Auburn the weekend of the Iron Bowl and will be an early enrollee for the Tigers.

"We know that Auburn will be a winning program here shortly," White said. "it’s just about buying in. To the recruits, you can’t count Auburn out of being a winning program here soon."

@DAG got mad at me for saying WW was cheesy on twitter, but this is hilarious so props to the man.  I'm sure some booms will clutch their pearls over not the right way or speaking to an adult like that....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@DAG got mad at me for saying WW was cheesy on twitter, but this is hilarious so props to the man.  I'm sure some booms will clutch their pearls over not the right way or speaking to an adult like that....

No more cheesier than PT. I literally saw a hype preseason video of him saying “as a leader I am not trying to call you out, instead I’m calling you UP to the player I know you can be.”

image.gif.964122b2332c8c0124c100bfb5e4ea96.gif

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 2