2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

These are the kind of players we want at Auburn.

• Love 5

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, toddc said:

These are the kind of players we want at Auburn.

I hope so. I am a little surprised at the QB accuracy percentage seeing as he plays for Little Rock Christian and they been running the spread since they first opened. 

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hope so. I am a little surprised at the QB accuracy percentage seeing as he plays for Little Rock Christian and they been running the spread since they first opened. 

I'd bet the quality of receivers might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tinman1 said:

I'd bet the quality of receivers might have something to do with it.

My point was places like Harding academy , LRCA, Shiloh, Pulaski academy . Those kids are the same kids who grow up in that school system and run the spread since middle school days. It’s no different than what Hoover and the Birmingham system schools do. So basically what I am saying is most of the schools receivers are pretty dang good and not new to knowing how to play in a spread offense. So I am not buying it’s the quality of the WRs. And yes I know Arkansas high school football. 

• Thanks 1

Those tweets from Caldwell and Charlie5 are indicative of the fact Hugh saw his guy and went after him and now WW is fully committed!   He is the perfect fit for Hugh.   His physical and mental attributes at the QB position, but also all the intangibles.  His worldview, faith, attitude, leadership, etc.   It all lines up perfectly!!!   I expect us to have a lot of success with WW during his career here! 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DAG said:

On the beat podcasts I’ve listened to, the biggest area of development brought up  for WW has always been consistency with regards to accuracy.

And I take that to mean he could go 10 out of 10 on throws, then go through a string of poor throws, and then rebound and repeat the cycle.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

On the beat podcasts I’ve listened to, the biggest area of development brought up  for WW has always been consistency with regards to accuracy.

And I take that to mean he could go 10 out of 10 on throws, then go through a string of poor throws, and then rebound and repeat the cycle.

I can definitely see that, and it is totally okay to say this is a currently flawed physical specimen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I can definitely see that, and it is totally okay to say this is a currently flawed physical specimen. 

Yeah he's a back to back 55% QB.  Seems like he can make all the throws, but it's OKAY to notr he needs get more consistent and get that % up.

We saw Bo Nix be a sub 60% HS QB and couldn't ever get past it (until he went down a conference)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DAG said:

My point was places like Harding academy , LRCA, Shiloh, Pulaski academy . Those kids are the same kids who grow up in that school system and run the spread since middle school days. It’s no different than what Hoover and the Birmingham system schools do. So basically what I am saying is most of the schools receivers are pretty dang good and not new to knowing how to play in a spread offense. So I am not buying it’s the quality of the WRs. And yes I know Arkansas high school football. 

Well, if he's gonna play for Auburn he can always blame it on the OLine.😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah he's a back to back 55% QB.  Seems like he can make all the throws, but it's OKAY to notr he needs get more consistent and get that % up.

We saw Bo Nix be a sub 60% HS QB and couldn't ever get past it (until he went down a conference)

Or went to better system/coaching. He seems to move around a great deal but still sees downfield much better than he did ai AU.

With the Riddick commitment, Walker White now has two of his most wanted players from his commitment speech :-)

He seems to be a great LB recruiter lol

• 4 weeks later...

WW has himself a night to open the season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

What is the thing that the reporter is doing with his head in the intro?    WDE WW!

43 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

What is the thing that the reporter is doing with his head in the intro?    WDE WW!

@LPTiger Looks like his head is on a swivel. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@LPTiger Looks like his head is on a swivel. lol

That’s what you guys got from the video? 😆 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Man, he looked impressive in that video!!!!

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

What is the thing that the reporter is doing with his head in the intro?

Yeah, that was weird!   Maybe he has watched Ace Ventura too many times 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

That’s what you guys got from the video? 😆 

@toddc It was a weird thing to look ay before the highlights started.

WW is gonna be our Trevor Lawrence. Mark it yall. He is just that good. He will be a high 4 star after his Sr season. Big time player here.

• Like 1