2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

No more cheesier than PT. I literally saw a hype preseason video of him saying “as a leader I am not trying to call you out, instead I’m calling you UP to the player I know you can be.”

image.gif.964122b2332c8c0124c100bfb5e4ea96.gif

Poor guy tried to fit in and got a fade.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2023 at 10:31 AM, Paladin said:

White: 'Auburn will be a winning program'

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

The weekend couldn't have gone better for Walker White.

Auburn's quarterback commit visited the Plains for his first game day experience over the weekend, while on his official visits. From having his whole family with him, to watching all the pregame festivities, and through seeing Auburn almost upset No. 1 Georgia, it was all he had hoped for and more.

"It went perfectly," White said. "This weekend was really fun, it was my first Auburn game to be at and the atmosphere exceeded my expectations."

Walker White took his official visit to Georgia over the weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Before the game, White got to witness his first Tiger Walk, alongside some of Auburn's other commits and top targets. He'd seen other "walks" before at other programs, but nothing compared to the Tiger Walk.

"It was just so exciting and cool to see the fanbase show up for something as simple as watching the players walk in," White said. "The dedication these fans have is very inspiring and I just can’t wait to play under it myself."

Once inside the stadium, White took in Auburn's close game with Georgia, while being extremely impressed with the support the crowd showed. His favorite part, though, was hearing the roar of Jordan Hare Stadium when Auburn forced a pair of turnovers.

White, alongside several members of the 2024 class, cheered with them.

"I’ve said this before, this recruiting class — we’re all very close to each other, we have good relationships, we’re very transparent and everyone was very positive about everything," White said. "It looks promising for Auburn this year and in the future and for our class, we’re just excited to be a part of it and be a part of bringing Auburn back up."

With the closeness of the game, White is hoping that it opens the eyes of some other recruits that were at the game.

"It’s hard not to almost open your eyes," White said. "Auburn wasn’t great last year and now they’re competing with the No. 1 team in the country, only losing by one touchdown. If their (other recruits) thought process is 'Oh, I want to go to place that’s going to win,' you can’t count Auburn out of that category."

White plans to return to Auburn the weekend of the Iron Bowl and will be an early enrollee for the Tigers.

"We know that Auburn will be a winning program here shortly," White said. "it’s just about buying in. To the recruits, you can’t count Auburn out of being a winning program here soon."

I can’t ever recall a QB recruit more excited to play for AU…even prior to his high school Senior season. 

Rooting hard for this kid to win the starting job ASAP.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

@DAG got mad at me for saying WW was cheesy on twitter, but this is hilarious so props to the man.  I'm sure some booms will clutch their pearls over not the right way or speaking to an adult like that....

The cougars need to stop. 

• Haha 2

On 9/13/2023 at 8:40 AM, toddc said:

Dang, those highlights are straight fire...that kid is special.  Such effortless throws on the money, and such a good runner...I see why Freeze wanted him so bad. He's going to be amazing in an RPO offense.

21 hours ago, DAG said:

No more cheesier than PT. I literally saw a hype preseason video of him saying “as a leader I am not trying to call you out, instead I’m calling you UP to the player I know you can be.”

image.gif.964122b2332c8c0124c100bfb5e4ea96.gif

That's Freeze's terminology.....unfortunately 

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

That's Freeze's terminology.....unfortunately 

Yep it was very preachy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Viper said:

I can’t ever recall a QB recruit more excited to play for AU…even prior to his high school Senior season. 

Rooting hard for this kid to win the starting job ASAP.

No sorry he plays in a tiny Christian league in Arkansas therefore he is not any good 😁

1 hour ago, woodford said:

No sorry he plays in a tiny Christian league in Arkansas therefore he is not any good 😁

Not a single person has said he is not any good 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Not a single person has said he is not any good 

I think he is referring to W.E.D.'s comments who implied he wasn't very good because he is from a small Christian school in the middle of Arkansas. 

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think he is referring to W.E.D.'s comments who implied he wasn't very good because he is from a small Christian school in the middle of Arkansas. 

I don’t think he implied that at all. From what I see is he correctly stated that he is not an accurate passer (something we seem to be dealing with chronically at Auburn), then you consider his completion level, all of this should mean we should deter for making him seem like the immediate savior. He will probably need time to get acclimated with the game speed. Thankfully PT should be returning to give him some time. 

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think he implied that at all. From what I see is he correctly stated that he is not an accurate passer (something we seem to be dealing with chronically at Auburn), then you consider his completion level, all of this should mean we should deter for making him seem like the immediate savior. He will probably need time to get acclimated with the game speed. Thankfully PT should be returning to give him some time. 

I found it.  This was taken from a different thread.  Here is the quote (for what it is worth):

"Don't worry, we have a 50% passer from the bowels of Arkansas Religious Private HS School Division.  He's certainly the answer."

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I found it.  This was taken from a different thread.  Here is the quote (for what it is worth):

"Don't worry, we have a 50% passer from the bowels of Arkansas Religious Private HS School Division.  He's certainly the answer."

Yes where does that mean he said he isn’t good? He said exactly what I typed out. He is a 50% completion passer and playing against low level completion. He doesn’t not think he will be the immediate answer and I absolutely agree with him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

"Don't worry, we have a 50% passer from the bowels of Arkansas Religious Private HS School Division. He's certainly the answer. "

At least attempt to tag me when you want to talk some s***. 

I posted this in that same comment that you seem to just leave out.

"that was in jest before most ppl freak out.  His highlights are nice.  His Comp% is concerning.  Him being a QB from Arkansas is the most concerning b/c they never work out.  Even for Arkansas"

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

"that was in jest before most ppl freak out.  His highlights are nice.  His Comp% is concerning.  Him being a QB from Arkansas is the most concerning b/c they never work out.  Even for Arkansas"

Relax.  You know I have no problem tagging people.  I didn’t tag you because it wasn’t a big deal and there wasn’t a need to bring you into the conversation.

The second part of what you posted was hidden so I didn’t see it.  

On 10/5/2023 at 6:56 PM, W.E.D said:

Ghosts of Kiehl Frazier haunt the memories

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

True story. 
This kid has a TON of potential!  But the SEC is a huge leap from a small private high school league in Arkansas.   It is yet to be determined how well he will make that leap.  
We can be confident he will be the AU QB of the future AND recognize the risk and look for a strong plan B at the same time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

True story. 
This kid has a TON of potential!  But the SEC is a huge leap from a small private high school league in Arkansas.   It is yet to be determined how well he will make that leap.  
We can be confident he will be the AU QB of the future AND recognize the risk and look for a strong plan B at the same time.  

Yeah if Thorne just isnt the answer we'll need to take another swing at the portal.

Edited by AUwent

27 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah if Thorne just isnt the answer we'll need to take another swing at the portal.

Portal here we come. If you can pass block, throw or catch we have a spot for you!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is everything good with him?

Don’t you start with your shtick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1