2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

52 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

You should probably step away from this forum because you are pulling stuff out of no where 

It’s okay for someone to have a difference in opinion from yours. It’s okay to believe strongly in what you say. It’s cool if you have a back and forth conversation.  But you have gone well beyond rational thinking and entered into the  narcissistic realm. Your response to a face palm emoji is projecting something out of nothing in itself then to deny what you posted when there is clearly a receipt is insane. 

Nope. I’m spot on. If you can’t handle the new aggressiveness AU is sporting which is permeating throughout the AU family, I suggest wearing black & gold Commodores gear and a Hars hat. You’ll fit right in losing every time out. 

Ok, I found an article where his dad was dismissed from the team by Chizik and it sounds like he was in Tuberville’s doghouse for the short time he was at Auburn. Does anyone remember what happened and if there are possibly years of hard feelings that might have any bearing on his son’s decision?

Tommy Tuberville’s former doghouse appears to be almost empty.

Three Auburn players that found themselves on the former coach’s bad side — wide receiver Chris Slaughter, linebacker Tray Blackmon and cornerback Ryan Williams — are not currently enrolled at the school, according to reports.

Williams, a three-star 2007 recruit out of Mobile, Ala., played sparingly as a true freshman, making four tackles in seven games.

He did not play at all last year because of academic issues.

https://amp.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article29029804.html

Edited by PigskinPat

10 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Some of y'all worse than the high schoolers I'm teaching today. Get some boxing gloves and go out in the yard. Sheesh

Some have to clean up the Always aisle before thinking about graduating to boxing gloves.

• Haha 1

The ignore list def isn’t asinine nor irrational and most def not uncalled for.

Others…feel free to engage in actual sports-related convos and *GASP* rebuttals… oh the horrors. Leave the insults to the ignored.

11 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

What are the chances?? Haha. Sorry bout that!

I agree! Same name, same position, same general timeframe! 🤪

Edited by PigskinPat

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@ScotsAU Not sure about Yeldoning them but it is possible he flips to AU.

If you ever had the privilege of wearing a AU uniform, you know just how very special that feels.  If you ever had to travel to Tuscaloosa wearing the AU uniform, you know how awful that fanbase is.  Ryan's dad did both.   CHF and staff have shown Ryan's dad and family that they know how to chew gum and walk at the same time.  They have also shown him just how much he means to Auburn.  He might not become a Tiger.   If he doesn't, it will not be because this staff failed to put their best foot forward.   Ryan, we want you to come HOME.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

He’s also not signing until February, which is odd since he’s made his decision. He’s being very good about disguising his intentions, whether he’s meaning to or not.

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

He’s also not signing until February, which is odd since he’s made his decision. He’s being very good about disguising his intentions, whether he’s meaning to or not.

I heard he couldn’t sign until February regardless, but I can’t remember if they said why

40 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

I heard he couldn’t sign until February regardless, but I can’t remember if they said why

Someone a page or two back refuted that. It was allegedly something about him not having graduated from high school yet. But the rule is that he just needs to graduate before enrolling, not before signing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

That’s the Bama fans trying to excuse it away.  He can sign next week.  Any PSA set to enroll for Fall 2024 with a scholarship offer can sign their LOI next week regardless of graduation status.  

To early enroll they have to graduate this semester.  It used to be they were the only ones that were allowed to sign until I think 2017 when they changed that.  It’s why NSD in February has become pretty lame, most sign in December now.  

• Like 1

It would be hilarious if he actually signed with us next week without the hoopla and them thinking he's a lock to them for Feb.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

It would be hilarious if he actually signed with us next week without the hoopla and them thinking he's a lock to them for Feb.

That would be a good way to avoid the pressure (from either school). Just say you're going to do it in February, and get people off of your back. If you say you're gonna do it on 12/20, everyone's gonna be hounding you for a week. 

Would be easier to just do it that day, unexpectedly, especially if flipping to Auburn. Once it's done, you may get some hard feelings (from bama), but at that point what can they do? 

6 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

That would be a good way to avoid the pressure (from either school). Just say you're going to do it in February, and get people off of your back. If you say you're gonna do it on 12/20, everyone's gonna be hounding you for a week. 

Would be easier to just do it that day, unexpectedly, especially if flipping to Auburn. Once it's done, you may get some hard feelings (from bama), but at that point what can they do? 

Kill his trees.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, LPTiger said:

They have also shown him just how much he means to Auburn.  He might not become a Tiger.   If he doesn't, it will not be because this staff failed to put their best foot forward.

And that’s what it’s all about. Win or lose, pursuing the best. Like the great one said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. 

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

“Whadaya doin bro?”

- Arie Kouandjio

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

“Whadaya doin bro?”

- Arie Kouandjio

Is he the one that his mom was surprised and wouldn't let him fax in the paperwork (to Auburn)? Or was that Cyrus?

Edited by yngwie1995