2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

If I was a high profile recruit I'd go to bammer.  I mean look at the NFL, they just about have a starting receiver on every team.  It especially sucks to lose out on a great player that's a legacy, but it is what it is

2 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

I think it’s one of the only reasons he’s listening to us.  He committed to UAT back when the potato man was ignoring him.  Legacy always matters…gets your foot in the door.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I still can't understand Harsin! How can any head coach ignore such talent that's right on his doorstep?

• Like 7

Just now, Mikey said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I still can't understand Harsin! How can any head coach ignore such talent that's right on his doorstep?

Arrogance + having a regional G5 mentality baked into your philosophy. Which is completely insane to have when you coached at the likes of Texas. 

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

If I had to bet today I’d bet on him going to Alabama but jeez you’re giving CFH almost 2 extra months to work with. Would be foolish to completely rule out Auburn. 

Apparently Montgomery, Davis, and Etheridge were at his reclassification ceremony.  I wonder how many bama coaches came?

18 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

I think it’s one of the only reasons he’s listening to us.  He committed to UAT back when the potato man was ignoring him.  Legacy always matters…gets your foot in the door.

I think the main reason may be the money if some of the recent situations are any indicator 

50 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Apparently Montgomery, Davis, and Etheridge were at his reclassification ceremony.  I wonder how many bama coaches came?

Zero is my understanding 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Zero is my understanding 

I wonder if that is confidence or laziness on behalf of bammer?

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Arrogance + having a regional G5 mentality baked into your philosophy. Which is completely insane to have when you coached at the likes of Texas. 

100% this. Beat me to it. Hired by a guy who should have been a mid-level Athletic Department fundraiser because of witty hot tub banter. Smh.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Zero is my understanding 

Is this a statement on the number of coaches, or your comprehension level?

:poke:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I smell a numnuts comin'...

You can smell numbnuts?  LOL, sorry ... had to do it :)

Edited by alabastertiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

@Leftfield A large class action lawsuit was brought in a small Alabama county against multiple defendants.   An old country lawyer was asked whether he hoped he would be asked to represent the plaintiffs or one of the defendants and he replied "boys its just like back in the day when I was playing hardball, the only position I didn't want to play was 'leftout'". 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUApostle said:

A ceremony for reclassifying...

3 hours ago, fishepa said:

If I was a high profile recruit I'd go to bammer.  I mean look at the NFL, they just about have a starting receiver on every team.  It especially sucks to lose out on a great player that's a legacy, but it is what it is

tumblr_nqpuokBejM1sp9f4bo3_500.gifv

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

A ceremony for reclassifying...

Well also for presentation of his AA jersey which its not uncommon for players to have those 

• Like 2

I hope AU spends its time and money on more positive endeavors. Things like insuring we keep our current class together until signed next week and upgrading our other specific areas of need.

I’ve seen this dog and pony show before with maybe at least one Bama recruit every year. It’s not worth the anguish for the minimal amount of return.

Work hard on our good guys. JMO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I hope AU spends its time and money on more positive endeavors. Things like insuring we keep our current class together until signed next week and upgrading our other specific areas of need.

I’ve seen this dog and pony show before with maybe at least one Bama recruit every year. It’s not worth the anguish for the minimal amount of return.

Work hard on our good guys. JMO

This feels like "damned if you do, damned if you don't."  This fanbase has (rightly) railed on the Potato Famine for not even recruiting guys like Ryan Williams, Quinshon Judkins, Perry Thompson, Cam Coleman and others, then when the new staff comes in and fights tooth and nail for the biggest prospects out there no matter who they're committed to (flipping several), we're going to criticize the effort?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 6
  • Love 2