2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Maybe Saban would but I don't think RW would be a pawn in that given his dad played at AU & RW has genuine interest in AU.

I can't figure out who his dad was. Little help, anyone?

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can't figure out who his dad was. Little help, anyone?

His dad was a defensive back when Tuberville was there.

This is a good article that touches on it: https://auburn.rivals.com/news/another-great-visit-for-bama-commit-ryan-williams-auburn-tigers-football

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Butthead said:

Should Satan retire after the season (which I think is real possibility, especially if they win it all), impact on this recruiting cycle?

Saban wouldn't announce until after the late signing date. That's just how he rolls.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Saban wouldn't announce until after the late signing date. That's just how he rolls.

I agree and I’d be shocked if he retired after this season. I think he’s coaching at least another 2-3 years.

17 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree and I’d be shocked if he retired after this season. I think he’s coaching at least another 2-3 years.

He will coach until his health fails or major fatigue sets in. It hasn't. 

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe not but players would be able to take advantage of the immediate transfer portal rules and opt to transfer if they wanted.

Kinda seems like a pretty shady way to handle a retirement, and may piss some of those recruits off enough to look for other homes.  They would have essentially been lied to.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Slow down fella. The facepalm emoji is in regards to you quoting a part of the previous post and trying to create a narrative that isn’t there. Your asinine and irrational response to my response really is uncalled for

I quoted his entire post, so you already have your facts wrong.

His narrative (or opinion) was that Freeze shouldn’t waste his time recruiting Williams…that he instead (again an opinion per the poster) that Freeze “insure we keep our current class together until signed next week and upgrading our other specific areas of need.”

The vast majority of our recruits are signing in December. Williams is signing in February. My opinion is that Freeze is not wasting time and resources recruiting the top in-state dog due to these two time periods (Dec & Feb) being weeks apart. Meanwhile he absolutely has time to keep our current class together and also focus on upgrading specific areas of need. 

IF Williams was also signing in Dec, my opinion might be different, but he’s not signing in Dec. 

Some of you really believe it’s one single man doing all the recruiting and he can’t possibly recruit anyone else while he’s focusing on one recruit. If there is one thing Freeze does well, it’s recruiting. His track record at Ole Miss is well-documented. This means he is well-versed in time management and can handle multiple recruits simultaneously quite well. It also means his staff is prepared to as well.

Your facepalming to a completely rational post without any explanation whatsoever is what is asinine, juvenile, irrational and unnecessary. At least have the sack to post something to a rational post, even when you have your facts wrong.

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

His narrative (or opinion) was that Freeze shouldn’t waste his time recruiting Williams…that he instead (again an opinion per the poster) that Freeze “insure we keep our current class together until signed next week and upgrading our other specific areas of need.”

The vast majority of our recruits are signing in December. Williams is signing in February. My opinion is that Freeze is not wasting time and resources recruiting the top in-state dog due to these two time periods (Dec & Feb) being weeks apart. Meanwhile he absolutely has time to keep our current class together and also focus on upgrading specific areas of need. 

IF Williams was also signing in Dec, my opinion might be different, but he’s not signing in Dec. 

Some of you really believe it’s one single man doing all the recruiting and he can’t possibly recruit anyone else while he’s focusing on one recruit. If there is one thing Freeze does well, it’s recruiting. His track record at Ole Miss is well-documented. This means he is well-versed in time management and can handle multiple recruits simultaneously quite well. It also means his staff is prepared to as well.

Your facepalming to a completely rational post without any explanation whatsoever is what is asinine, juvenile, irrational and unnecessary. At least have the sack to post something to a rational post, even when you have your facts wrong.

Agree with your recruiting comments. I believe they are spot-on.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, woodford said:

IMO Saban will announce retirement before his last season and he will probably hand pick his predecessor. Coaches (or players) of that magnitude go on farewell tours. 

Who knows you could be right, but I could see him taking his Natty and his new Ferrari and heading to Jupiter to play golf with Tiger.  Go out on top.  If I had a mansion on Jupiter Island and a bunch of money, spending one more day in Tuscaloosa would suck.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It should surprise no one that now that RW has reclassified, Al.com has moved him to the top, i.e. #1, on their "A-List" 2024 recruits.  This, despite 247 ranking CC #4 overall and RW being 8 spots below him at #12.    

Can anyone confirm that Williams may be in Auburn Sunday along with Coleman, Thompson, and Simmons? I love that Freeze is getting all these stud receivers together for a visit.

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

If Williams was 1000% solid to Bama he’d sign in December.  But that’s not what he is doing. 

And don’t let the Bama fans tell you he “can’t” sign early, because he can….any PSA with a scholarship offer CAN sign in the early period, regardless of graduation status.  They are convoluting early signing day with early enrollment to excuse away why Williams is waiting until February.  

We may not get him but Bama fans are going to need Prozac to get through the next couple of months in that kid’s recruitment.  

bu, bu, bu, but Freeze should spend his precious time on shoring up what he already has and let bammer have Mr. AL fball because bammer always dogs and ponies us with one recruit every year. It’s not worth the anguish for the minimal amount of return. Just tap out Freeze while you still can. Don’t you know who you’re recruiting against? Step aside and know your role.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

bu, bu, bu, but Freeze should spend his precious time on shoring up what he already has and let bammer have Mr. AL fball because bammer always dogs and ponies us with one recruit every year. It’s not worth the anguish for the minimal amount of return. Just tap out Freeze while you still can. Don’t you know who you’re recruiting against? Step aside and know your role.

Viper bringing out the fangs today! Love it 

• Love 1

It’s interesting that Saban’s imminent retirement is also a topic in this thread.

If you were Freeze, would you capitalize on the likely massive swing of recruiting momentum when that announcement comes, be it in 30 days, 3 months or 3 years?

Or just stand idly by and nod “yes sir” at his successor?

Pat Dye damn sure didn’t and how did the 80s work out for AU?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodford said:

IMO Saban will announce retirement before his last season and he will probably hand pick his predecessor. Coaches (or players) of that magnitude go on farewell tours. 

If I were Saban/bama, I'd hire Bryan Harsin as the next HC, just to stick it to Auburn. I sure hope they don't do that, that would show us. 

• Haha 3

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

If I were Saban/bama, I'd hire Bryan Harsin as the next HC, just to stick it to Auburn. I sure hope they don't do that, that would show us. 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Viper said:

You only quoted the first line. Here is the post in its entirety 

20 hours ago, au701948 said:

Viper, it was not advice. I stated it was my opinion. Just an opinion like everyone else is doing at times.
I am quite sure that neither you nor I are in a position to give Coach Freeze advice.

You should probably step away from this forum because you are pulling stuff out of no where 

It’s okay for someone to have a difference in opinion from yours. It’s okay to believe strongly in what you say. It’s cool if you have a back and forth conversation.  But you have gone well beyond rational thinking and entered into the  narcissistic realm. Your response to a face palm emoji is projecting something out of nothing in itself then to deny what you posted when there is clearly a receipt is insane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

Can anyone confirm that Williams may be in Auburn Sunday along with Coleman, Thompson, and Simmons? I love that Freeze is getting all these stud receivers together for a visit.

This is getting hot all over social media now. Saying Lee has reported it...are the dominoes starting to fall!?

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

If Williams was 1000% solid to Bama he’d sign in December.  But that’s not what he is doing. 

And don’t let the Bama fans tell you he “can’t” sign early, because he can….any PSA with a scholarship offer CAN sign in the early period, regardless of graduation status.  They are convoluting early signing day with early enrollment to excuse away why Williams is waiting until February.  

We may not get him but Bama fans are going to need Prozac to get through the next couple of months in that kid’s recruitment.  

I love it when people step up & understand NLI & enrollee rules.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Butthead said:

Should Satan retire after the season (which I think is real possibility, especially if they win it all), impact on this recruiting cycle?

@Butthead Honestly TBD. Wont kow unless we get to that bridge.