2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Clay Chalkville beats Saraland 31-28. Saraland went for the TD with 5 seconds left in the game from the 15 instead of trying a game tying field goal. DJ Barber stops KJ Lacy on a QB draw at the 2 yard line. Lacy had a State record title game 384 yards passing. Williams had 200+ receiving, 85 yard KO return for a TD, 4 total TD’s

Mbakwe 152 passing & 139 rushing with 4TD’s

We got to get Ryan Williams , no way we let these two get to Bama smh.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got to get Ryan Williams , no way we let these two get to Bama smh.

Kid is a weapon . Can play absolutely anywhere

Williams is a great , electric player that scores in multiple ways. One thing to keep in mind with him is the fact that he is played in HS with an elite QB. He and Coleman both had around 20tds this year. Imagine what numbers Coleman can put up when he is paired with the same player at QB.

On 2nd thought nevermind. 

I would take KJ Lacey bout as fast as I would Ryan Williams.  Great release, smooth as silk throwing motion. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not holding my breath on Williams. I will be good if we keep what we got and add some def players

52 minutes ago, au701948 said:

fully agree!

Me too, if you add a couple of OL.  

Freeze has given us a chance with Williams after he was ignored for a year and a half under potato-head. Long shot or not you pour  everything you have into landing this guy. Hes a program changer. After watching Craver last night, this has to go down as an all time WR class in this state.

Edited by CR
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, CR said:

Freeze has given us a chance with Williams after he was ignored for a year and a half under potato-head. Long shot or not you pour  everything you have into landing this guy. Hes a program changer. After watching Craver last night, this has to go down as an all time WR class in this state.

POTATO-HEAD!!! 🤣

Man, you had me rollin'!!! 😂

The two best players in that 6-A game are sadly both committed to bammer. (Williams and the Clay-Chalkville QB)That's a fact that the announcer reminded us of ad nauseam. Williams could turn our WR class from great to best ever anywhere, but apparently it's not happening.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The two best players in that 6-A game are sadly both committed to bammer. (Williams and the Clay-Chalkville QB)That's a fact that the announcer reminded us of ad nauseam. Williams could turn our WR class from great to best ever anywhere, but apparently it's not happening.

I’m happy that it was AU commit DJ Barber that made the game saving tackle though. Great effort play and closed with violence. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Reclassifying to 2024 was his announcement.

Thanks. I couldn't find anything. Although, it's not really a surprise. Hopefully that's a good omen for us? Supposedly he's tight with this class. Freeze 5?

5-star WR Ryan Williams reclassifies from 2025 to 2024, breaks down what's next

Williams plans to sign in February.

Christian Clemente7 mins

Ryan Williams, the 5-star Alabama wide receiver commit and Auburn target, has reclassified from the 2025 class to the 2024 class, announcing his decision on Monday. In the 2025 class, Williams was ranked as the No. 4 player, No. 1 wide receiver and No. 1 player from Alabama. He will receive a new ranking once he's switched to the 2024 class.

For Williams, who won Mr. Football as a sophomore in Alabama and has over 4,300 all-purpose yards and 71 touchdowns in three seasons for Saraland (Ala.), felt he was ready to take the next step.

“It was a big decision," Williams told Auburn Undercover. "It hurts after losing the state title game. It was about dominating at the high school level and knowing I’m ready for the next level. That played a big part in it as did my family being behind me in all situations. They know I’m ready because I’m going to put the work in.”

Williams will not sign until the February signing period, which starts on Feb. 7. Committed to the Crimson Tide since Oct. 2022, Williams said he will take official visits to Alabama, Auburn, Texas, Georgia and LSU before signing. 

What will be the most important factor for Williams in making a final choice and signing with a program?

53 minutes ago, toddc said:

5-star WR Ryan Williams reclassifies from 2025 to 2024, breaks down what's next

Williams plans to sign in February.

Christian Clemente7 mins

Ryan Williams, the 5-star Alabama wide receiver commit and Auburn target, has reclassified from the 2025 class to the 2024 class, announcing his decision on Monday. In the 2025 class, Williams was ranked as the No. 4 player, No. 1 wide receiver and No. 1 player from Alabama. He will receive a new ranking once he's switched to the 2024 class.

For Williams, who won Mr. Football as a sophomore in Alabama and has over 4,300 all-purpose yards and 71 touchdowns in three seasons for Saraland (Ala.), felt he was ready to take the next step.

“It was a big decision," Williams told Auburn Undercover. "It hurts after losing the state title game. It was about dominating at the high school level and knowing I’m ready for the next level. That played a big part in it as did my family being behind me in all situations. They know I’m ready because I’m going to put the work in.”

Williams will not sign until the February signing period, which starts on Feb. 7. Committed to the Crimson Tide since Oct. 2022, Williams said he will take official visits to Alabama, Auburn, Texas, Georgia and LSU before signing. 

What will be the most important factor for Williams in making a final choice and signing with a program?

I predict he will go to which ever school has the last official visit

I think he's all bammer. By waiting until February he can make the competition waste time and money by continuing to pursue him. I don't think he's a dishonest kid but that's something Saban would do if he felt confident with Williams's commitment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I think he's all bammer. By waiting until February he can make the competition waste time and money by continuing to pursue him. I don't think he's a dishonest kid but that's something Saban would do if he felt confident with Williams's commitment.

Would an AU legacy do that?  Evans did it, but his dad had an axe to grind and Kirby loved screwing w us.

2 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Would an AU legacy do that?  Evans did it, but his dad had an axe to grind and Kirby loved screwing w us.

Being an AU legacy didn't stop him from committing to UAT. I'm not seeing how his legacy status carries much weight here.

• Like 5

I am not saying AU doesn't have a chance, but I from what I have been hearing it's all bama at the moment. Money talks though. Kid is amazing and worth every penny wherever he goes and I hope that is AU. He will be fun to watch on Saturdays either way. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Being an AU legacy didn't stop him from committing to UAT. I'm not seeing how his legacy status carries much weight here.

He’s signing in February though. By then, the vast majority of our 2024 class resources can be devoted to him because pretty much everyone else will have signed, including all 4 of our highly rated other wide receivers. It’s worth it to try unless Freeze and staff get the word that he really IS just messing with us by then. 

Edit - sorry I meant to respond to your earlier comment about wasting resources. I agree with you - legacy doesn’t mean anything in recruiting. We’ve seen that too often at Auburn over the years. 

Edited by lca408
  • Like 1

Just now, lca408 said:

He’s signing in February though. By then, the vast majority of our 2024 class resources can be devoted to him because pretty much everyone else will have signed, including all 4 of our highly rated other wide receivers. It’s worth it to try unless Freeze and staff get the word that he really IS just messing with us by then. 

I agree it's worth a try. Just not optimistic about our chances for success.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think it’s one of the only reasons he’s listening to us.  He committed to UAT back when the potato man was ignoring him.  Legacy always matters…gets your foot in the door.

3 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

I am not saying AU doesn't have a chance, but I from what I have been hearing it's all bama at the moment. Money talks though. Kid is amazing and worth every penny wherever he goes and I hope that is AU. He will be fun to watch on Saturdays either way. 

I disagree…if he goes to Bama and torches the competition weekly a la Devonta Smith, Judge Jeudy, Waddle, Jameson Williams, Ruggs, et al, then it will decidedly not be fun to watch imo. Impressive, sure, but not fun.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2