2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUpreacherman22 confience in both for AU is fading.

Echols is more important than Ryan Williams, but he committed to TexasAM and not the coach. Edwin going to Alabama would be one step back for us if the reports are true. We need OL for a balanced class. 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Wow!   That’s impressive!

Yes it would be, but there are a lot of "if's" that have to fall the right way before something like that comes to pass.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Would be 3rd in the rankings when you factor in taking KJ off FSU's list.

That wouldn't suck

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Would be our higest rated class ever in terms of total points. Roughly 289 on the 247 composite. Would be 3rd in the rankings when you factor in taking KJ off FSU's list.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That wouldn't suck

I thought you knew this crowd better.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

We need OL for a balanced class. 

Definitely!   The trenches are extremely important!!!

Edwin was a done deal until the dark side swooped in literally at the last minute.   Still hoping we convince him to join the good guys!🤞
Things were positive with Echols, but he is an A&M fan.   Maybe their unknowns combined with our momentum and NIL offer will be enough to snatch him from them.   

It also wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we landed another big DL like McCray or Beamon!

The plan since CHF got here was to be very selective on HS OL and hit the portal very hard the first two to three years. Develop the select HS recruits behind the upgraded portal players. 

• Like 5

At this point I think Portal is the best option for immediate OL help. We just have to get the right ones. Britton was a diamond in the rough for sure. Time better spent focusing on '25 HS talent than spending months trying to flip '24 guys. I will admit it was worth it to continue recruiting CC because he was continuing to visit and show interest in AU and he was local with many friends committed to Auburn.

Back to Ryan Williams. We may be able to do quite a bit with a slightly above average OL & QB if Cam Coleman, Perry Thompson and Ryan Williams are getting open every play. Let's break the 🐖bank on this one, lol!

If this WR class holds together, amazing is a big understatement for CHF salesmanship. Marcus Davis deserves a lot of credit too but they wouldn't be coming to Auburn without the big plan. When I look at the elite WRs on UAT, UGA, Washington, and others  with moves that get great separation, with awareness and ability to time their jumps, great hands, feet, and eye coordination, instincts to come back for the ball when needed, ever so gentle push offs without getting flagged, and ability to escape tackles after the catch. And so many more little things that mean a lot as they say. This is what I envision with this WR class, which we've never had to my knowledge.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Would be 3rd in the rankings when you factor in taking KJ off FSU's list.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

That wouldn't suck

Being number 1 is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If they cannot aspire to being number 1, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

(I had to dig deep for that one, lol)

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, The Freak said:

Being number 1 is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If they cannot aspire to being number 1, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

I believe I've used this line in the past myself, haha

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, The Freak said:

9F10202B-1B3A-4837-8D55-9367EC6E035C.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

I hate to say this--and hope to God I'm wrong--but I think he stays with Bama. I have not read anything to come to that conclusion, just a gut feeling. 

I think that's what most are saying these day. But if he reclassifies....

Anyway, maybe it's been answered, but why doesn't his legacy status give us any pull? Did Harsin ignore him or something?

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I think that's what most are saying these day. But if he reclassifies....

Anyway, maybe it's been answered, but why doesn't his legacy status give us any pull? Did Harsin ignore him or something?

Yes, apparently Harsin kinda blew him off at a game I think, and didn’t really make him a priority.  What a fail. 

I don’t think he flips.  On his socials he likes and interacts pretty much with just Bama players and other Bama recruits.  He’s either one helluva troll or he is just enjoying the recruitment process.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

why doesn't his legacy status give us any pull?

@yngwie1995 Has it ever with many leagacies? Unfortunately no.

19 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Did Harsin ignore him

Yes. Bama is way out front in relationships here.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Randy4AU said:

I hate to say this--and hope to God I'm wrong--but I think he stays with Bama. I have not read anything to come to that conclusion, just a gut feeling. 

He may. Even without Williams. We have an outstanding class coming in. The best on AU HISTORY arguably

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

I hate this type of recruit who ties everyone in knots but never had any intentions of making a change. 

On 12/4/2023 at 4:24 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Possibly.  I don't wanna see AU get played. But I'm happy if we only get Coleman, Thompson , Cain, Simmons arguably best WR class in our history. 

I agree 100%…just keep our current  receiver commits and I will ecstatic for the receiver room!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I hate this type of recruit who ties everyone in knots but never had any intentions of making a change. 

@au701948 Whether RW flips or not, his interest in AU has been very real. Don't forget his dad played for AU in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

Clay Chalkville beats Saraland 31-28. Saraland went for the TD with 5 seconds left in the game from the 15 instead of trying a game tying field goal. DJ Barber stops KJ Lacy on a QB draw at the 2 yard line. Lacy had a State record title game 384 yards passing. Williams had 200+ receiving, 85 yard KO return for a TD, 4 total TD’s

Mbakwe 152 passing & 139 rushing with 4TD’s