2024 4* LB Joseph "Joe" Phillips Commits To AU!

ellitor

@Rednilla I have visted the thread a couple times the past half hour & both times it says you are typing. Are you finishing the really long, last Game of Thrones book all in 1 post or something? lol

• Haha 4

This is another one of those moments when our head-to-head win resounded with such a THUNK! that the rest of college football was forced to pay attention. Latching onto a recruit of this magnitude in our own backyard and not letting the two-time reigning national champions have him puts everyone on notice that we won't be pushed around anymore. 

I haven't been keeping up as closely this cycle as I have some others in the past, but by my count, this is the second such ground-shaking recruiting moment we've had, along with Walker White.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ellitor said:

@Rednilla I have visted the thread a couple times the past half hour & both times it says you are typing. Are you finishing the really long, last Game of Thrones book all in 1 post or something? lol

No, I was typing earlier and changed my mind, then decided to say it anyway, so I had to reform my thoughts.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On3 has him at 6'1.5, 235. 247 at 6'2, 240.

Apparently he was 6'1.5 before his Jr year and has grown to now 6'3.  I think that's what the On3 article said

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not seeing this shaky "interview speak" you're talking about, but yeah - like any other Rivals 250 level recruit that Bama or UGA want, you have to keep working it until there's ink on paper on signing day.

So…we agree? Lol 

Great pickup at a position of need. WAR EAGLE and welcome to Auburn.

So no Netflix documentary theories came true huh? 

welcome to the plains young man. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Love this quote and it sounds like he wants to be a part of Auburn’s resurrection as a program to me.

Really like his attitude even with him being real with Freeze and telling him he was leaning to UGA. Seems wise beyond his years

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

image.gif

Suck it Bowl cut

Just hoping Kirby doesn't come back with...

Vince mcmahon GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So…we agree? Lol 

In the most general of ways?  Sure.  But I don't see anything in his language that suggests he's made a shaky commitment.

37 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In the most general of ways?  Sure.  But I don't see anything in his language that suggests he's made a shaky commitment.

It's not a shaky commitment per se, but from what I was reading on that page, he was thoroughly interested in UGA until Auburn returned to a certain degree of something (effort, NIL, idk)) in his recruitment. All my point was that per his own words Auburn doesn't have some lock down commitment in this guy if whatever that got UGA in the thick of things comes back into their favor, from my interpretation. 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's not a shaky commitment per se, but from what I was reading on that page, he was thoroughly interested in UGA until Auburn returned to a certain degree of something (effort, NIL, idk)) in his recruitment. All my point was that per his own words Auburn doesn't have some lock down commitment in this guy if whatever that got UGA in the thick of things comes back into their favor, from my interpretation. 

to me it sounded like we could offer him near-immediate playing time vs. riding the pine at UGA

• Like 1

This is a big BIG deal. The thought that Coach Freeze and staff could take over a 5 win team from last season and pull off this caliber of commit, against a 15 win NC team, is absolutely amazing. This Phillips commit gives Freeze/staff the cred in recruiting. "If" we could put 9 wins on the books for 2023, I'll even take 8, CHF and AU will have some big time momentum.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is a huge win!  

UGA didn't lose him, we TOOK him!

#FUGA

I miss the good old days when we turned the hoses on the mutts trying to get on our field.   Of course it did take forever to get that wet dog smell out of the stadium.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

CBH and AU

You mean CHF and AU, right? :tease:

• Like 1