2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Me too!! Seems like we need to change the thread title so we can stay on topic correctly. 

@Hank2020 No. Just follow along with specific discussions within the thread. This particular discussion started with WED talking about our OL recruiting struggles and he's hoping we flip a guy at that position. I replied that we are working on 1.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Hank2020 No. Just follow along with specific discussions within the thread. This particular discussion started with WED talking about our OL recruiting struggles and he's hoping we flip a guy at that position. I replied that we are working on 1.

Thx Mr. E. I was following that. 

Sometimes the discussions start out general and then narrow down to specifics. If you get behind and start skipping around you can get confused following the twists and turns. You do a great job "e" reeling some of us in and trying to keep it somewhat on topic. 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I think we get Riddick Perry and Bolden FWIW

I feel good about Riddick and Perry. I think Bolden is a reeeaaal long shot, but, MAN I want him at Auburn! 

17 minutes ago, autan said:

Sometimes the discussions start out general and then narrow down to specifics. If you get behind and start skipping around you can get confused following the twists and turns. You do a great job "e" reeling some of us in and trying to keep it somewhat on topic. 😉

Yep. I skipped to the end and just read the last few posts. That’s why I was out to lunch. 😄

30 minutes ago, autan said:

You do a great job "e" reeling some of us in and trying to keep it somewhat on topic. 😉

Meh…I do a better job of keeping it off topic. E has to chase me around the site and reel me in all day. 

image.gif.351cc13f6f24274d33eb46be35324e7d.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh now you want to use names after someone else took the leap!

image.gif.0bf0d853bfe82c7bfc2e60853279772a.gif

Oh I've said the names, they were in the memo

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh I've said the names, they were in the memo

I would have thought the email but in 2023 I think we are doing group texts and chats now.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would have thought the email but in 2023 I think we are doing group texts and chats now.

Soon to come “Vulcan Mind Meld”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh now you want to use names after someone else took the leap!

image.gif.0bf0d853bfe82c7bfc2e60853279772a.gif

Certain important folks didn't want the names getting out for reasons we can appreciate..... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Certain important folks didn't want the names getting out for reasons we can appreciate..... 

This sentence right here is the most purposely obscure group of words I’ve ever seen put together. Lol 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This sentence right here is the most purposely obscure group of words I’ve ever seen put together. Lol 

ACE you are a movie buff -- Colors -- Robert Duvall to Sean Penn - there is a daddy bull and a baby bull standing at the top of a hill looking down at all these beautiful cows in the pasture below and baby bull says to Daddy bull, daddy let's run down there and have carnal knowledge of one of those cows and daddy bull says to baby bull no son let's walk down there real slow and have carnal knowledge with all of them.    Make sense?  

• Haha 1

Nope, nope, nope! I am not going to get hyped about this  week or weekend!! It ain’t happening! Nope!! If it happens the way some most believe I will be ecstatic but I refuse to believe it till I see it!!

But, some things brewing and I like the smell of it!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

ACE you are a movie buff -- Colors -- Robert Duvall to Sean Penn - there is a daddy bull and a baby bull standing at the top of a hill looking down at all these beautiful cows in the pasture below and baby bull says to Daddy bull, daddy let's run down there and have carnal knowledge of one of those cows and daddy bull says to baby bull no son let's walk down there real slow and have carnal knowledge with all of them.    Make sense?  

image.gif.44bd9228e53d7d59ab2cf7d4a0b38ae4.gif

You trying to tell us you want to have carnal relations with a cow, LP?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.44bd9228e53d7d59ab2cf7d4a0b38ae4.gif

You trying to tell us you want to have carnal relations with a cow, LP?

No I did that earlier this morning.   What I'm trying to say is we don't want the weeman and bowl cut to know we are taking their players....    We want to do it quietly.....

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

I think we get Riddick Perry and Bolden FWIW

That would be a record breaking haul for AU. After all the gloom from recruiting the past 3 years(at a minimum), its nice to have some hope again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

No I did that earlier this morning.   What I'm trying to say is we don't want the weeman and bowl cut to know we are taking their players....    We want to do it quietly.....

LP, brother. You don’t honestly think for a second that Kirby Smart and Nick Saban don’t know every bit of what those recruits are doing with Auburn? These are the two greatest recruiters in cfb history we are talking about here. They know Hugh taking their guys and the beauty of it is they can’t do sh*t about it. You see Hugh Freeze has big bull nuts and he uses them for carnal relations with cows (stealing recruits).

image.gif.9ca000570e0ff430e67f8bf3bb3994b4.gif

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

LP, brother. You don’t honestly think for a second that Kirby Smart and Nick Saban don’t know every bit of what those recruits are doing with Auburn? These are the two greatest recruiters in cfb history we are talking about here. They know Hugh taking their guys and the beauty of it is they can’t do sh*t about it. You see Hugh Freeze has big bull nuts and he uses them for carnal relations with cows (stealing recruits).

ACE, what I think maters about as much as a knat on an elephant's arse.   I'm saying the dudes writing the checks want to keep what we are doing as quite as possible for as long as possible.   Maybe they are out in left field or simply worriers like AUWENT, and I'm sure Nicky and bowl cut have some idea of what is going on, but our folks want them to know as little as possible for as long as possible.   

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All this talk about bull testicals is making me hungry

. I'll take my steak medium rare please.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

All this talk about bull testicals is making me hungry

. I'll take my steak medium rare please.

It's not steak you'll be gettin' my lad. From bull testicles you'll be gettin' mountain oysters and learn to like 'em too!