2024 4* RB J'Marion "Phat" Burnette decommits From AU

ellitor

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I get that but he was cleared by the doctors...someone on Rant saying it was a concussion. 🤷‍♂️

Sadly none of the recruiting services say anything about a commitment date...I'm ready to get another one!

Hopefully it's just one off, but getting that severe of a concussion to where he stat a lot of games (I think was hospitalized too?), at the age he's at, at the position he plays...is worrisome. A lot for his future health vs an AU standpoint 

Hopefully he plays a full this year and it was a freak thing. 

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully it's just one off, but getting that severe of a concussion to where he stat a lot of games (I think was hospitalized too?), at the age he's at, at the position he plays...is worrisome. A lot for his future health vs an AU standpoint 

Hopefully he plays a full this year and it was a freak thing. 

It's up to their protocols now.

Here is ours...

concussion protocol.pdf

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's up to their protocols now.

Here is ours...

concussion protocol.pdfUnavailable

Don't think the link worked. I am glad there are advanced protocols protecting these kids and college/NFL players.

Brain injuries and later in life quality of life is pretty scary for players

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't think the link worked. I am glad there are advanced protocols protecting these kids and college/NFL players.

Brain injuries and later in life quality of life is pretty scary for players

Found a link...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.uiltexas.org/files/health/UIL_HB2038_Information_edited.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjRhcmN1PD9AhWQiO4BHZoFA4YQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1FlX7fvZHpXVQafScbp2RV

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Commit to us please 

At this point it would be a massive shock if he goes anywhere else.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

At this point it would be a massive shock if he goes anywhere else.

Hopefully you’re right, but he spent last weekend in Tallahassee. 

1 hour ago, rophle said:

Hopefully you’re right, but he spent last weekend in Tallahassee. 

Didn't his friend commit there?

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Didn't his friend commit there?

Not sure which one you’re referring too, but there were 3 players from Andalusia that visited with him. None committed that I’m aware of. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rophle said:

Not sure which one you’re referring too, but there were 3 players from Andalusia that visited with him. None committed that I’m aware of. 

I misremembered. You're right, visited...didn't commit 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2024 4* RB J'Marion "Phat" Burnette (Commit Watch; 3/24, 11:30 AM)***

I see 4* RB, #10 RB in the class Burnette is committing this morning in about an hour and a half (11:30) from now :

"The Tigers have a 96% chance to land the running back according to On3, and Auburn has landed two Crystal Ball Predictions from staff writers at 247 Sports to land Burnette."

https://flywareagle.com/2023/03/24/committing-auburn-football-burnette/

Edited by AUINSY

F0E982BF-5084-4954-B1E8-79777F8D9C5B.png

• Like 2

4-star in-state running back J'Marion Burnette commits to Auburn

Jeffrey Lee•about 1 hour

Four-star running back J’Marion Burnette has committed to Auburn.

Burnette, from Andalusia, Ala., announced his decision on Friday. His announcement comes less than two months after spending the day in Auburn for the Tigers’ big Junior Day.

He chose the Tigers over offers from Arkansas, Ole Miss, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, Texas A&M, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee and Penn State, among others.

Burnette, listed at 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, is ranked the No. 2 running back in the state in ’24 and No. 11 overall recruit, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, an industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

Over his sophomore and junior seasons, he rushed for 3,745 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Carnell Williams a big part of Burnette’s decision

Auburn running backs coach Carnell Williams played a major role in Burnette choosing the Tigers.

The two have built a strong bond throughout Burnette’s recruitment, which dates back to the running back’s sophomore season.

“I can see him coaching me in the future,” he said last summer. 

Proximity to home also played a factor. Auburn is a two-hour drive from Andalusia.

“I mean, it’s in-state, close to home,” he said. “It’s always going to be a home.”

Burnette is the Tigers’ fourth commitment in the 2024 class, joining quarterback Walker White and defensive backs Jayden Lewis and A’Mon Lane. All four commitments are four-star recruits, according to the On3 Industry Ranking

Auburn likely not done at RB in 2024

Burnette is the first running back to commit to Auburn in the ’24 class, but he isn’t expected to be the only one. The Tigers appear set to sign two running backs in this class.

Some of the other top targets are Tuscaloosa County (Northport, Ala.) four-star Kevin Riley, Meridian (Miss.) four-star Daniel Hill, West Point (Miss.) four-star Kahnen Daniels and Mountain Pointe (Phoenix, Ariz.) four-star Christian Clark.

Another running back to keep an eye on is Gulf Shores (Ala.) four-star Ronnie Royal III. Auburn has yet to offer, but is keeping close tabs on the in-state back. As a junior, Royal rushed for 1,147 yards and 24 touchdowns on 129 carries. He averaged nearly nine yards per carry. As a sophomore, he rushed for 1,350 yards.

Over his sophomore and junior seasons, Royal rushed for a total of 2,497 yards and 43 touchdowns. He is ranked the No. 19 athlete in the country and No. 16 recruit in Alabama, according to the On3 Industry Ranking.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* RB J'Marion "Phat" Burnette Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Out of the 4 commits we have, 3 are in state. Love seeing the staff take care of home first instead of looking at 2 star "hidden gems" from Wyoming or something 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Out of the 4 commits we have, 3 are in state. Love seeing the staff take care of home first instead of looking at 2 star "hidden gems" from Wyoming or something 

And they’re all four stars ️. Love that and now I’m not going to be satisfied without some five stars ️ 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

now I’m not going to be satisfied without some five stars ️ 

@toddc I hope you're OK with 1 because that may be all we get in this class.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Completely possible to still have a great class with just one. Next year, things could get real fun.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’m good with that this cycle but hopefully it goes up each year.

Edited by toddc