Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

Just now, Hank2020 said:

If we started a thread that WED was the topic, we would veer off that one too.

🎶"WED so vein.

I bet he thinks this thread is about him" 🎶

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

🎶"WED so vein.

I bet he thinks this thread is about him" 🎶

What a great response. I actually started singing it (by myself so no harm done).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I've been nothing but positive about Hugh's recruiting abilities.

Well, except for the whole pointing out the lack of O-line recruits, yeah. Not saying you're wrong, just saying that you aren't 100% positive.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well, except for the whole pointing out the lack of O-line recruits, yeah. Not saying you're wrong, just saying that you aren't 100% positive.

Maybe WED is 100% positive that we are lacking in OL commits. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I honestly don't know why anyone would be 100% positive or 100% negative, but that's mostly how it goes on here. 

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That quote was about his recruiting abilities. Not our OL commits. Or lack there of

Edited by W.E.D

As has been discussed before, our OL development / NFL draftees track record  has been a decade long train wreck.  Our rep completely stinks and will take the longest to resolve. It’s not an accident we’re succeeding first with the skill positions. Imo We’re just going to have to portal and 3* coach em up through it for a while. Bama and uga will try to bully ball us until then. Im open to more miracles but it is what it is.

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

As has been discussed before, our OL development / NFL draftees track record  has been a decade long train wreck.  Our rep completely stinks and will take the longest to resolve. It’s not an accident we’re succeeding first with the skill positions. Imo We’re just going to have to portal and 3* coach em up through it for a while. Bama and uga will try to bully ball us until then. Im open to more miracles but it is what it is.

You do realize how completely awful our WR history is, right?

We took a solid OL class last year and did really well in the portal. We just happened to get beat out by Bama for the OL we really wanted. Just the way yhe recruiting fell.

We also lead for a top 50 guy in the country 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You do realize how completely awful our WR history is, right?

Ricardo Louis, Tony Stevens, Duke Williams, Darius Slayton, Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis, Eli Stove, Matthew Hill, Kobe Husdon

Gotta have QBs to get them the ball on a consistent basis. Haven't had those. Dameyune had a nice haul of 4/5 star WRs when he was here. Just didn't pan out mostly due to the lack of QBs (other than Stidham).

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We also lead for a top 50 guy in the country

Who?

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ricardo Louis, Tony Stevens, Duke Williams, Darius Slayton, Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis, Eli Stove, Matthew Hill, Kobe Husdon

Gotta have QBs to get them the ball on a consistent basis. Haven't had those. Dameyune had a nice haul of 4/5 star WRs when he was here. Just didn't pan out mostly due to the lack of QBs (other than Stidham).

None of those guys have much if anything to point to for pro careers or single season stats.

We've probably had better OL drafted since 2010 than WR.

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Who?

DeAndre Carter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

None of those guys have much if anything to point to for pro careers or single season stats.

Perhaps if they were taught more than two routes in college and had consistent QBs getting them the ball, perhaps they might have better single season stats and hence, pro careers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Perhaps if they were taught more than two routes in college and had consistent QBs getting them the ball, perhaps they might have better single season stats and hence, pro careers.

Maybe, but they didn't. We aren't recruiting kids and selling them on unused potential of yesterday 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

That quote was about his recruiting abilities. Not our OL commits. Or lack there of

And yet by disparaging our lack thereof, you call his recruiting abilities into question. ;) 

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe, but they didn't. We aren't recruiting kids and selling them on unused potential of yesterday 

Perhaps if they had Tag & Bryce Young throwing to them instead of Sean White, perhaps they would have better single season stats, hence pro careers and AU could sell on today’s WR recruits on yesterday.

No wait…they DEF would have.

8 hours ago, Viper said:

I thought you were referring to Bolden.

No, he would be top 5 and isn't an OL

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Perhaps if they had Tag & Bryce Young throwing to them instead of Sean White, perhaps they would have better single season stats, hence pro careers and AU could sell on today’s WR recruits on yesterday.

No wait…they DEF would have.

Ifs & buts. Fact is we have near zero history to sell WRs and just got one of the best in the country.  We have much more to sell OL.  Was just a bad cycle losing out to out of state guys to Bama/UGA/Tx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Is the staff working to flip some 5* olinemen right now? 

@JerryAU There's only 1 5* OL in this class.

I'm calling it right now....Big Kam Franklin, KJ Bolden, and DeAndre Carter to AU this week.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, EricLCountry said:

I'm calling it right now....Big Kam Franklin, KJ Bolden, and DeAndre Carter to AU this week.

Great first post....welcome to AUF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great first post....welcome to AUF

I appreciate ya Golf! WAR DANG EAGLE brotha!

13 minutes ago, EricLCountry said:

Coming in with a strong 1st post!! I like it. Welcome to AUF

• Like 1

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

Coming in with a strong 1st post!! I like it. Welcome to AUF

I appreciate that Zero! Top 10 class by THE END OF THE WEEK. Aleast 2-4 silents at BIG Cat this last weekend. Lots of promise there! Let's FREAKIN GO!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1