Ted Cruz Schools AOC

8 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm not a fan of either one but I love to see AOC get schooled.

Ted Cruz reminds AOC her own Democrat Party founded KKK, wrote Jim Crow laws | Fox News

Oh, so I've been wrong the whole time. You see, I've always thought the people with the Confederate flags in the front yard were Republicans. But History tells me that the KKK and Jim Crow laws were founded in the South and Cruz is telling me they were founded by the Democrats. That must mean there must have been a ton of Northern Republicans move in to save us from those pesky Democrats and forced them to move North. So that must mean all the Confederate flags are really owned by the few Democrats that were able to stay during our great purge. I guess I should be saying "those liberal Confederates" instead.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, arein0 said:

Oh, so I've been wrong the whole time. You see, I've always thought the people with the Confederate flags in the front yard were Republicans. But History tells me that the KKK and Jim Crow laws were founded in the South and Cruz is telling me they were founded by the Democrats. That must mean there must have been a ton of Northern Republicans move in to save us from those pesky Democrats and forced them to move North. So that must mean all the Confederate flags are really owned by the few Democrats that were able to stay during our great purge. I guess I should be saying "those liberal Confederates" instead.

You may not like it or want to acknowledge it but the KKK began under Dems. I grew up in a hard core Dem family and I'm pretty sure one of my grandfathers was a member of the KKK. It is common knowledge that former Sen. Robert Byrd (Dem, WV) was a member of the KKK and Sen. Joe Biden gave an eulogy at his funeral.

52 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

You may not like it or want to acknowledge it but the KKK began under Dems. I grew up in a hard core Dem family and I'm pretty sure one of my grandfathers was a member of the KKK. It is common knowledge that former Sen. Robert Byrd (Dem, WV) was a member of the KKK and Sen. Joe Biden gave an eulogy at his funeral.

you are right. after lbj the dixiecrats slowly started to move to the republican party. lbj had failed the dems and they were pissed. but to believe either side was not racist is being dishonest. Byrd would not make it today and i could care less if biden gave the man an eulogy at his funeral.

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

My point was that people rarely switch from left to right and visa versa. So either there was a great migration from both sides to switch the people from the north to the south and south to north, or there was a policy switch for both sides that switched them from left to right and right to left. Which one sounds like the more likely scenario?

Back in that time period, I would've been a Republican, because they closely aligned with my values.

6 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Ted Cruz reminds AOC her own Democrat Party founded KKK, wrote Jim Crow laws | Fox News

True, but a very weak argument.  Especially coming from that fool Cruz. The Republican Party is the KKK's home, and has been since Reagan. Shoot, Republicans go out of their way to protect them any way they can.

Then again, it would be like trying to explain to you evangelicals that there is no biblical basis or suggestion of a Rapture.  You morons just make it up on the go.  Been doing that gaily since 1830...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Honestly the "democrats are the party of segregation" is a canard I've torn apart several times here. 

And there's a lot more if you do a search for "wallace" with me keyed as the author. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why do Republicans think it's such a big "Gottcha" to say that "Your political party was full of Conservative racist bigots 60-100 years ago ago? 

Like yeah..............but which political party do the conservative bigots of 2023 belong to? 

In todays world it's members of the "Party of Lincoln" that fly the Confederate battle flag outside their trailers 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Why do Republicans think it's such a big "Gottcha" to say that "Your political party was full of Conservative racist bigots 60-100 years ago ago?

Because every time it is brought up you get all the Dems thrashing over *the parties switched in some point in history*.  It is very entertaining.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Because every time it is brought up you get all the Dems thrashing over *the parties switched in some point in history*.  It is very entertaining.

So you value entertainment over education?

14 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So you value entertainment over education?

Not necessarily, but I do enjoy the triggering.

ETA: and no matter how hard the Dems try, Bedford Forrest, a Dem, founded the KKK after the Civil War.  The Dems came up with the Jim Crowe laws and that is undisputed.

Edited by I_M4_AU

13 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

From the responses here it seems Dems would just like rationalize history or better yet just erase it if it doesn't suit them.

That (unsurprisingly) makes no sense.

No one is "rationalizing" or "denying" history.  It's simply acknowledging it. 

The Democratic party once supported racism.  Now it doesn't.  The racist, southern Democrats switched their party affiliation to Republican.  It's now Republicans who are the party of white nationalism.

So if anyone is "denying" history it's you

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Honestly the "democrats are the party of segregation" is a canard I've torn apart several times here. 

And there's a lot more if you do a search for "wallace" with me keyed as the author. 

Yep.  It's like being attacked by an army of zombie fools.

They just keep coming.  ;D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 1716AU said:

True, but a very weak argument.  Especially coming from that fool Cruz. The Republican Party is the KKK's home, and has been since Reagan. Shoot, Republicans go out of their way to protect them any way they can.

Then again, it would be like trying to explain to you evangelicals that there is no biblical basis or suggestion of a Rapture.  You morons just make it up on the go.  Been doing that gaily since 1830...

Tuberville's recent statements on white nationalists being an excellent example. ;)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

ETA: and no matter how hard the Dems try, Bedford Forrest, a Dem, founded the KKK after the Civil War.  The Dems came up with the Jim Crowe laws and that is undisputed.

13 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

From the responses here it seems Dems would just like rationalize history or better yet just erase it if it doesn't suit them.

Lol...good God, we aren't denying anything. We're pointing out that the Democratic Party of old is not the current Democratic Party. Same with Republicans. You've got all the evidence you need right in front of you that the vast majority of racists and white supremacists identify as Republican, but you try to deny it by repeatedly posting garbage about the KKK being founded by Democrats. While true, it doesn't reflect the current parties. You blame us for denying history, but it's actually you denying reality (a prominent Republican trait of late), and you end up scoring an own-goal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You've got all the evidence you need right in front of you that the vast majority of racists and white supremacists identify as Republican, but you try to deny it

Yes, I have noticed that White Supremacy is on the rise since Joe has taken office in 2021.  Larry Elder, an African American is now the black face of white supremacy and the Allen, Texas mass shooter was a Hispanic white supremest, the 5 black cops in Memphis that executed a black man were white supremest, and last but not least the 19 YO Indian man, Sai Varshith Kandula, that threatened Biden’s life with an empty U-Haul truck.

Larry Elder is a Republican, but the others would be a stretch.  Just because a person of color commits acts of terror and has Nazi tattoos or a Swastika doesn’t mean they are a white supremest unless you parrot our joke of a president.

I just don’t believe it, I am not denying there is unrest in America, its just not all being done by white supremest that Joe wants you to believe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, I have noticed that White Supremacy is on the rise since Joe has taken office in 2021.  Larry Elder, an African American is now the black face of white supremacy and the Allen, Texas mass shooter was a Hispanic white supremest, the 5 black cops in Memphis that executed a black man were white supremest, and last but not least the 19 YO Indian man, Sai Varshith Kandula, that threatened Biden’s life with an empty U-Haul truck.

Larry Elder is a Republican, but the others would be a stretch.  Just because a person of color commits acts of terror and has Nazi tattoos or a Swastika doesn’t mean they are a white supremest unless you parrot our joke of a president.

I just don’t believe it, I am not denying there is unrest in America, its just not all being done by white supremest that Joe wants you to believe.

What the hell are you even talking about? I said nothing about violence. I simply pointed out that the Republican Party became the primary home of racists during the civil rights movement. That's undeniable. Yes, there were still racists in the Democratic Party - nobody is denying that - but as time has gone on the shift has continued. The weird tangent you just jumped on has nothing to do with what I was talking about. It's just you continuing to flail in attempts at deflection.

You're also once again blaming everything on Biden. Do you really think Trump had nothing to do with all these racists becoming more overt? Surely Trump couldn't be responsible for reprehensible people feeling empowered to display reprehensible behavior!

37 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Lol...good God, we aren't denying anything. We're pointing out that the Democratic Party of old is not the current Democratic Party. Same with Republicans. You've got all the evidence you need right in front of you that the vast majority of racists and white supremacists identify as Republican, but you try to deny it by repeatedly posting garbage about the KKK being founded by Democrats. While true, it doesn't reflect the current parties. You blame us for denying history, but it's actually you denying reality (a prominent Republican trait of late), and you end up scoring an own-goal. 

This is exactly why I ignore him. 

Just not worth it to argue with such idiocy.  And like the "zombie fools" mentioned above, he just keeps on coming......

Thanks for dealing with it.  ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/23484314/trump-fuentes-ye-dinner-white-nationalism-supremacy

Donald Trump’s long history of enabling white supremacy, explained

Trump’s dinner with white supremacist Nick Fuentes was much more than a gaffe.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/11/20/donald-trump-culture-white-supremacy-00069597

Donald Trump Is (Still) President of White America

The culture of white supremacy has gone fully mainstream. And Trump has presided over this phenomenon as the official culture-warrior-in-chief.

https://www.vox.com/21313021/trump-white-nationalism-supremacy-miller-bannon-immigration

Trump once flirted with white nationalism. Now it’s a centerpiece of his White House.

Modern presidents have rejected white nationalism, but Trump has advanced its agenda.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/23/735191317/white-supremacy-and-trump

White Supremacy And Trump

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/01/trump-embraces-white-supremacy/579745/

The President’s Pursuit of White Power

Trump’s response to Charlottesville showed the core of his philosophy: the preservation of America’s traditional hierarchies of race.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not necessarily, but I do enjoy the triggering.

You know you're just "telling" on Conservatives and Republicans with that argument right? 

Forrest maybe have been a Democrat in life, but he and his beliefs and actions are celebrated by Republicans today. 

https://www.wsfa.com/2020/07/27/alabama-lawmaker-who-honored-klan-leader-says-hes-surprised-by-criticism/

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Alabama Rep. Will Dismukes, a Republican from Prattville, says he’s surprised by the response to his recent Facebook post that showed him giving the invocation at an annual birthday celebration for Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Forrest was a leader in the Confederate Army and the first Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

The event was held Saturday at Fort Dixie in Selma, the same day the late U.S. Rep. John Lewis was remembered for his vast civil rights contributions during a service at Brown Chapel A.M.E. Church.

Dismukes is an advocate for Confederate preservation and serves as the Chaplain for the Prattville Dragoons, Sons of the Confederate Veterans. Dismukes told WSFA 12 News he won’t apologize for his family’s heritage and their service during what he called the “war between the states,” which he doesn’t believe was primarily fought over slavery. Dismukes believes the public took a critical stance on the post due to the ongoing racial discourse across the country.

“I guess, with the anti-southern sentiment and all, and the things that we have going on in the world today, there’s a lot of people that are seeming to be more and more offended,” Dismukes stated. “We live in a time where we literally are going through cancel culture from all different areas and people are even more sensitive on different issues and different subjects. This was just one of those times that it didn’t quite go the way I expected, and I never intended to bring hurt to anyone, especially my own family with everything that’s been said.”

The annual party is hosted by the Friends of Forrest, who advertised the gathering as as the 199th birthday celebration with food and live music from the “Unreconstructed Band.”

The invitation stated, “This is your perfect opportunity to experience the TRUTH spoken about our history, our heritage, our hero Nathan Bedford Forrest and our Christian Southland by Pastor John Weaver.”

Alabama Rep. Will Dismukes gave the invocation at an annual birthday celebration for Nathan...

Edited by CoffeeTiger

I think we all understand history.  I think we all understand what effect the civil rights act had on politics.

I'm not sure we all understand what disingenuous means, how being disingenuous is nothing but an attempt to distort the truth.

13 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Apparently, you aren't aware of the historical switch of these very same Democratic racists to the Republican Party.

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/06/25/417154906/dixies-long-journey-from-democratic-stronghold-to-republican-redoubt

This "gotcha" argument about the history of the two parties is totally ignorant of actual history.  In other words, it's soooooooo lame.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

What the hell are you even talking about?

Well, I must have misunderstood when you brought up white supremacy identifying as Republicans.  I was just pointing out that I didn’t agree and the media is following Biden’s lead in the area.

I said nothing about violence.

Ok, in Larry Elder’s campaign for the Governor of California the only violence I saw was a white lady in a gorilla head throw an egg at Larry and she wasn’t a Republican.  But it is understood that white supremacy is violence, is it not?

You're also once again blaming everything on Biden.

Did Biden make a speech at Howard University calling out white supremacy.  Is this bringing the country together or was it a campaign speech designed to talk to his radical base?  It is the same issue you have with Trump.  Trump has some kind of coded message he speaks while Biden only speaks the true, am I right?

Oh and on civil rights, did you know the Senate filibustered the Civil Rights Act on 1964.  Yes, it it true.  That filibuster was lead by Senator Byrd of West Virginia, a Democrat.  This must have been before the great awakening of the Dems.

June 10, 1964

Photo: Post-cloture Group

At 9:51 on the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert C. Byrd completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier. The subject was the pending Civil Rights Act of 1964, a measure that occupied the Senate for 60 working days, including seven Saturdays. A day earlier, Senate whips Hubert Humphrey (D-MN) and Thomas Kuchel (R-CA), the bill's floor managers, concluded they had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate. 

The Civil Rights Act provided protection of voting rights; banned discrimination in public facilities—including private businesses offering public services—such as lunch counters, hotels, and theaters; and established equal employment opportunity as the law of the land. 

As Senator Byrd took his seat, House members, former senators, and others—150 of them—vied for limited standing space at the back of the chamber. With all gallery seats taken, hundreds waited outside in hopelessly extended lines. 

Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition.  Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"

https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-procedures/filibusters-cloture/civil-rights-filibuster-ended.htm

• Facepalm 1