AU accused of offering Taulia Tagovailoa $1.5 mil

NCTiger1982

21 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Tell them it was $ 2 million.

I agree. We should put it out that we are going after 2 of their 3 existing QB’s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree. We should put it out that we are going after 2 of their 3 existing QB’s.

Yep. And we would probably get them if we really wanted them also.

• Like 2

If he was such a catch he would have transferred to multiple schools with much more to offer than Maryland. The word in NC is that UNC’s QB (a stud) was offered over 1 mil by an SEC school. His dad and one or two brothers played sports for UNC. UNC came up with incentives to keep him. I assumed it was Bama or GA offering big money. Also the HC at WFU said 5 of his players were offered 200K-500K to enter the portal. They told him when they decided to stay at WFU. He made a point of saying all 5 were NOT offered by other ACC schools. The Wild West of CFB. 

Who cares when we’re having the time of our lives in recruiting right now! 

• Like 1

A lot of the sums being tossed out are vastly inflated.  Also, they're set up to be paid over years not per annum. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

A lot of the sums being tossed out are vastly inflated.  Also, they're set up to be paid over years not per annum. 

$250k is what I was told. Not a chance in hell Tualia turns down $1.5m in the SEC just to stay at that trash program.

• Like 1

This kind of reminds me of Jimmy Sexton tactics.  Arkansas was always coming after Tubs and Gus and Auburn always ponied up the $$$.  Wonder if little Tua is trying to get Maryland to add some $$$ to whatever he currently gets.