AU accused of offering Taulia Tagovailoa $1.5 mil

NCTiger1982

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

PM me or no. 

I don't think he'd prefer his DMs sent to others

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's who we went after publicly 

Not just publicly. Per AU insiders too and they have been spot on lately.

7 hours ago, Win4AU said:

They also need to clarify that he started his college career at Bama but unless I missed it he never started at Bama.

The implication was he befan his career at Bama (true). Not that he eas the starter (way I read it).

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not just publicly. Per AU insiders too and they have been spot on lately.

There are at least 2 more. Maybe 3.

Morris and lil TT are both guys who never entered in. We def talked to them and others through proper back channels. We probably did discuss money with them.

I mean look at Thorne. He was in Auburn on the DL before his name was even public in the portal. Essentially committed then. Do we really think we didn't communicate with him before hand? Highly doubtful. Hugh knows the game and how it's played.

So laughable. Our whole Football NIL budget for the year is 5-7M and we’re going to offer him 1.5M?  If you believe that, I’ve got a bridge …

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

So laughable. Our whole Football NIL budget for the year is 5-7M and we’re going to order him 1.5M.  If you believe that, I’ve got a bridge …

That they can jump from. 😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Where does the article even imply that the SEC school was Auburn? Was there an invisible fotnote or something?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, AURex said:

Where does the article even imply that the SEC school was Auburn? Was there an invisible fotnote or something?

Just OP interpretation.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the REC paid him to say this bs. I figured it was Bama wanting him back. They have questions at Quarterback just like us. Tex A&M wouldn’t surprise me either 

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Apparently some tweets guessing it was us from Radio media in AL and then the "AI reposter" sites like Fly War Eagle and SI.com quoted those tweets and relabled the article to auburn

https://flywareagle.com/2023/07/29/auburn-football-taulia-tagovailoa/#:~:text=Auburn football was accused of,that made such an offer.

By not naming the school it gives room for speculation. That allows Auburn to be thrown against the proverbial wall to see if it sticks. I remember seeing his name mentioned in at least one thread but 1.5 million is ridiculous money for a player who couldn't play at Bama. I always assumed he was part of a package to get Tua to Bama along with the parental relocation package. Now that Auburn is looking to be pushing for a seat at the winners table the wolves will be coming out. 

• Like 3

On B'ham radio today Greg McElroy said offer was in the $300,000 range, nowhere near $1.5 million. And did not say who the offer was from.   Finebaum even said there is no way a school would offer Tulia anywhere close to this amount. His brother Tua maybe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t see anywhere that it says we offered him 1.5 million, just an SEC school. I am not so sure I am buying it either. 

Correct.  Not even a hint was stated in that article. The title of this thread is misleading. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

On B'ham radio today Greg McElroy said offer was in the $300,000 range, nowhere near $1.5 million. And did not say who the offer was from.   Finebaum even said there is no way a school would offer Tulia anywhere close to this amount. His brother Tua maybe. 

That's much closer.

The Taulia thing was very close to happening until a teammate caught wind and was upset he wasn't going to be a part of the package. He then went and told Locksley and they secured him.

I could see us offering $300,000 for Taulia as he was solid at Maryland.  Was much more accurate than Robby has shown so far and can run when needed. 1.5 Million is a different story. My question now is did somebody really offer him that much money or was he just blowing smoke?

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

I thought he said it wasn't a dime over 250,000 dollars and that there were teams, as in plural , involved.

Football season can't get here soon enough...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Correct.  Not even a hint was stated in that article. The title of this thread is misleading. 

Well that's what the OP was saying. I just shortened the title for him.

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

1.5 Million is a different story. My question now is did somebody really offer him that much money

@AuburnNTexas No. If they had he wouldn't be at Maryland now.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's much closer.

The Taulia thing was very close to happening until a teammate caught wind and was upset he wasn't going to be a part of the package. He then went and told Locksley and they secured him.

What school?

3 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

I thought he said it wasn't a dime over 250,000 dollars and that there were teams, as in plural , involved.

I think you are correct.  Most times I pay no attention to Greg as he gets on my last nerve.  Just seems arrogant to me.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 9:40 AM, ellitor said:

Al.com is a very wel known Bama spin cycle outlet. I would advize AU fans not read them or their propaganda.

Yep! AL.com SUCKS PERIOD. Biased reporting and coverage especially when it comes to Auburn.

• Like 2