1st Offensive Play of the Freeze Era?

aucanucktiger

WR screen.  Most of us will have trouble recognizing the play as it will be well designed, disguised, well executed and, will result in a 5 yard gain rather than the traditional 2-3 yard loss for the version that we have been watching for the past 7 seasons.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Definitely will be a handful or run of some sort 

Dag what is this "handful" play and how does it differ from the run and the pass?   Got to hand it to CHF, he is always innovating and creating things most of us have never even heard of.😀

• Haha 1

Please no F’N whirlybird-bird!

On 8/19/2023 at 5:16 PM, Auctoritas said:

I am straight up stealing this for the first week of the TD Auburn Bowl. I'll collect all of these responses (and do an "other") and do a poll for it. 30 points to the winner.

Other, on which offensive play number do we see Robby Ashford's 1st QB package play?

I am not sure the exact play but it will be Run as Freeze wants to prove that the rebuilt O-line is as good as it seems.

On 8/17/2023 at 8:25 AM, LPTiger said:

Sean Jackson, empty set, whirlybird, goes for -3 yards.   No doubt.

The board goes apopleptic.

• Like 3

The first play of the Sullivan/Beasley era was a bomb from Sullivan to Beasley that missed, but the crowd cheered long and loud anyway. We could feel that a statement had been made with that play.

I'm expecting something similar on the first play of the Freeze era. A long pass or some sort of trick play that will send a message.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bump. It was a play-action QB (Thorne) keeper off left tackle for about 5 yds. Very safe. 

Closure is good.😁 Carry on...

Wasn't it...

image.png

...to Jay Fair? 

• Like 1

Still gonna tell my kids it was a sugar huddle whirly-bird bubble-screen under duress bc of our pisspoor OL recruiting to an undersized eventual transfer WR for a net of 1 yard

• Haha 2