2025 3* OT Spencer Dowland commits To AU!

ellitor

Default Avatar

6-6 / 290
Athens
Athens, AL

Notable early offers: AU, Vols, FSU, Arky, Ole Miss, Miss St
Visiting for the UMass game tomorrow and may be worth keeping an eye on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/auburn-football-recruiting-spencer-dowland-hugh-freeze-2025-ol

Auburn has managed to leapfrog the 2024 class when it comes to offensive line recruiting, as they have secured an offensive line commitment in the 2025 class before the 2024 class.

The first OL for the 2025 class is a big one, though he might not have the star ranking that some fans would like his size makes up for it. Spencer Dowland is a six-foot-six, 290-pound behemoth and is only in his Junior season and has tons of room to continue to grow.

Dowland is the starting left tackle for the Athens Golden Eagles, and the film speaks for itself. Dowland aggressively sticks to his man and finishes blocks until the whistle, his feet are surprisingly agile for his size. In one clip the Golden Eagles threw a bubble screen on Dowland's side and he burst out of his stance to move downfield and catch a block on the safety that was coming downfield. The ability to finish through the whistle and to move quickly will make him a wonderful addition to an Auburn OL that needs both grit and ability.

The 2025 class now holds three players with the addition of Dowland. Four-star EDGE Jakaleb Faulk and three-star DL Malik Autry have both joined the class previously with Faulk committing earlier in August and Autry announcing his decision in February.

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2025 3* OT Spencer Dowland commits To Auburn
  • augolf1716 pinned this topic

2025 OL Spencer Dowland commits to Auburn after UMass game

The in-state offensive lineman opted to commit after his visit for the UMass game.

CHRISTIAN CLEMENTE38 mins9

Auburn's staff got an extra splash during their first gameday in Jordan-Hare, with Class of 2025 offensive tackleSpencer Dowlandannouncing his commitment to the Tigers following the game. 

Listed at 6-foot-6 and 290 pounds, Dowland is ranked by 247Sports as a 3-star, the No. 21 player from the state of Alabama and the No. 40 offensive tackle in his class. Dowland also held offers from the likes of Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas and Florida State. 

"Just the people here, the program, the town, everything," Dowland told Auburn Undercover. "It’s unlike any other place I’ve ever been so I felt like I knew this was right for me. I get that home feeling. It’s three and a half hours, but it feels like it’s right down the road."

He previously visited for Big Cat Weekend at the end of July, quickly building up a connection with the new Auburn staff.

"I like it. I feel like we have a lot of the same personality traits so it’s been easy," Dowland said about offensive line coach Jake Thornton.

Dowland is commitment No. 3 for Auburn in the 2025 cycle, joining Top247 edge rusher Jakaleb Faulk and 4-star defensive lineman Malik Autry, both of whom are also from the state of Alabama.

Auburn's 2025 recruiting class is good for No. 11 in the country in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings. Auburn is fifth in the SEC behind Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and LSU.

"Job’s not over. We still have to recruit the rest of this ‘25 class," Dowland said. "I think one of the big ones is Mal Waldrep. I feel like we have a lot in common and I feel like he’s a guy that we need."

His message to the fans?

"I love it here and this is where I want to be. I can see the change and I want to be a part of the change," Dowland said.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

From my high school the Athens Golden Eagle’s baby!

IMG_2960.jpeg

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 3* OT Spencer Dowland commits To AU!
  • ellitor featured this topic

Wrestler going by the pic of him in headgear in the first post. OL and DL coming from wrestling programs have an innate understanding of leverage that linemen without that background don't have. Dye made a living recruiting kids who wrestled in HS. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Wrestler going by the pic of him in headgear in the first post. OL and DL coming from wrestling programs have an innate understanding of leverage that linemen without that background don't have. Dye made a living recruiting kids who wrestled in HS. 

Like you I love the fact that he is a wrestler.  Bird mentioned his feet were a little chunky but he has two years to work on that  Getting any O-line is good this young man has potential so is great early pickup. War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

He had a good game tonight, heck everyone in an Athens uni did. Smoked Decatur. Got Muscle Shoals next week and he’ll be tested for sure. 

3 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

He’s not 6’6 though lol. 

You may be right but if Hugh really is right at 5'11" then Spencer looks 6'6" to me. 

F5DkJ1jXoAAlsnW.jpeg

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic