2025 5* CB Na'eem Offord

Paladin

Scouting Report

H.S. Athletic Background

Also runs track. A state qualifier as a freshman in the 200-meter dash. Times from that year include 7.40 in the 60 indoor, 11.34 (-0.4) in the 100, 22.61 (1.4) in the 200 and 54.21 in the 400.
----
2022: Two-way player as a sophomore at Parker, which went 7-5 in Alabama’s 6A classification. Got snaps at CB, WR and QB. Per MaxPreps, in 9 games rushed for 360 yards and 3 TD while averaging 10.3 yards per career. Also caught 18 passes for 366 yards and 3 TD. On defense, was credited with 13 tackles and a sack.
-Andrew Ivins

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Rivals100 CB planning multiple trips to Auburn

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.

Na'eem Offering went to one Auburn game last season. He plans to attend two this month.

The first one is this weekend, when the Tigers host Samford for homecoming. He'll visit alongside his teammate Jourdin Crawford and is excited to see how the atmosphere is for a night game.

"I haven't been up there since last year," Offord said. "I always like to check the atmosphere. Coach [Zac Etheridge] always been hitting me up. I’ve been going to all these other places, so I gotta show love to Auburn."

Since the contact period opened up for 2025 athletes, Etheridge has been in contact with Offord every so often.

"He’ll tell me good luck on every game day, just keep me in contact," Offord said. "It’s pretty good. We talk about how I did, how was practice, talk about off the field stuff."

Etheridge carried over from the previous staff at Auburn, but there are members on the coaching staff Offord is still working to know. That's another benefit of going this weekend.

"Just ready to see the atmosphere and build a better relationship with the coaches," Offord said. "Get to meet them in person."

Ranked as the No. 17 player in the 2025 class, just about every school is wanting Offord to check their program out. Even though it's still early, Offord listed Ohio State, Miami, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Florida State as some schools he wants to visit this fall.

He's already knocked out his Miami visit, making the trip last week. He'll visit Auburn Saturday, Clemson the next week and then return to Auburn for the Georgia game on Sept. 30.

• Like 1

Rivals100 CB returns to Auburn

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Na'eem Offord hadn't been to an Auburn game since last year's opener against Mercer.

He was in town to watch the Tigers come out victorious over Samford Saturday, seeing what Hugh Freeze and company are doing on the Plains. Overall, he enjoyed his visit and has plans to return this season.

"It changed a lot," Offord said. "It’s just a new head coach, different head coach that’s showing me better love. He was showing me that he really wants me.

Before the game, the No. 17 player in the 2025 class had a chance to meet with Freeze, where the two talked more about life than the game of football. Those conversations are crucial in a recruitment.

"It’s super important, it shows that I’m one of his main priorities," Offord said. "He was talking to me about more than football, he was talking a lot about life. He was telling me how to be a better man outside of football."

Auburn's been on the Birmingham native since they offered him last year, as running backs coach Carnell Williams and secondary coach Zac Etheridge kept in contact with him throughout the coaching change.

It's helped keep the Tigers in contention for the four-star defensive back.

"Auburn’s always been one of my favorite schools and I like the way they recruit," Offord said. "They recruit pretty good, they recruit heavy and they’ve also been building that relationship with me ever since they offered.

There are plans to return at least twice this season, for Auburn's biggest rivalry games of the year. He'll be on campus for the Georgia game in a couple weeks and for the Iron Bowl in November.

Offord also plans to see Ohio State host Penn State, Clemson host Florida State and Florida State host Miami.

17 hours ago, Paladin said:

There are plans to return at least twice this season, for Auburn's biggest rivalry games of the year. He'll be on campus for the Georgia game in a couple weeks and for the Iron Bowl in November.

17 hours ago, Paladin said:

Offord also plans to see Ohio State host Penn State, Clemson host Florida State and Florida State host Miami.

If nothing else, this prospect knows how to pick a big game! Also: I know the times have changed but money for these unofficial visits is supposed to come out of the recruit's own pocket. When I was in high school I couldn't have possibly afforded such travel. Who is paying for the airplane tickets and/or gasoline?

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Who is paying for the airplane tickets and/or gasoline?

Great question. I’ve asked it for years. And some of these kids spend all summer flying to various camps all over the country. Don’t ask, don’t tell 😂

• Like 1

Do these unofficial visits have to come out of the recruits own pocket or is it just that the university can't pay for it? Could a booster or NIL sponsor these trips now? 🤔 

42 minutes ago, AUBigCat said:

Do these unofficial visits have to come out of the recruits own pocket or is it just that the university can't pay for it? Could a booster or NIL sponsor these trips now? 🤔 

The player's family is responsible 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rivals100 CB has 'eyes open'

Na'eem Offord was planning to be in Columbus, Ohio, for the Penn State-Ohio State game this weekend.

He couldn't make his flight because of Parker's Friday night game, so a different idea popped into his mind.

"I was thinking about Auburn and I was like ‘It’s gonna be a good game, so why not?" Offord said. "It was worth it. It’s football. I told all the coaches that it’s just football. You’re gonna win some, you’re gonna lose some games."

Na'eem Offord visited Auburn for the Ole Miss game. (Caleb Jones/Rivals.com)

Auburn did lose its game against No. 13 Ole Miss, 28-21, but a big takeaway from the game was the atmosphere in Jordan Hare Stadium.

"Big. It was bigger than football, I ain’t gonna lie," Offord said.

Offord was on campus with his teammate and recent Auburn commit Jourdin Crawford. His early commitment surprised Offord, who's now hearing from Crawford about Auburn a lot.

"Now he’s trying to get me to come with him," Offord said. "He’s telling me to come be with him. My eyes are open to everything, but it wouldn’t be bad for me and him to be teammates again."

Offord is planning to make his trip to Ohio State at some point before the season ends, but will return to Auburn for the Iron Bowl.

"Just helps me open my eyes up even more every time I come," Offord said. "Help me experience more stuff."

Skipping a top 10 matchup in the Horseshoe to come see a team on a three-game losing streak. 

I don't have to tell anyone on this forum but this 25 class is going to be insane. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can't wait for him to be in O&B

Glad to see us recruiting B'ham city schools at a high level.  This would give us 2 from Parker in 2025.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Tigers 'high priority' for Offord

Auburn target Na'eem Offord returned to campus Saturday.

The four-star cornerback currently ranked as the No. 16 player in the country had seen several Auburn games this season. He had visited for the Samford game and the Ole Miss game, before returning for the Iron Bowl.

"That really was just hard," Offord said. "That game was all about heart right there. Who wanted it more, because it came down to the last play."

Na'eem Offord visited Auburn for the Iron Bowl Saturday. (Caleb Jones/Rivals.com)

The last play went in favor of Alabama, as the Crimson Tide came out on top 27-24 for their fourth consecutive win over Auburn. It was no walk in the park for eight-ranked Alabama, which had to deal with the ruckus of Jordan Hare Stadium.

"Great atmosphere, they were loud, they matched the energy," Offord said. "The players, they wanted this game. But like I said, it came down to the end, it was all about heart. Who wanted it more."

With well over 30 offers, it's no surprise that Auburn is making a strong push for the in-state defensive back. Unfortunately for the Tigers, so is every other program.

"Nothing special," Offord said. "They’re recruiting me the same way everybody else is."

Offord doesn't have a narrowed down list of favorites just yet, but noted that Auburn is kept in "high priority" for him. Other schools that are sitting high in his recruitment include but aren't limited to Ohio State, Georgia, Miami, Tennessee and Florida State.

As far as a commitment timeline?

"Whenever the time’s right," Offord said. "It’s gonna all come around, come together whenever God tells me I’m ready."

Offord can worry more about his recruitment later, though, as Parker is still playing in the Alabama 6A Playoffs. They'll travel to face unbeaten Clay Chalkville this Friday with a trip to the title game on the line.

"I’m super excited, we made history," Offord said. "We haven’t made it to the fourth round since 1989. Just another step. Gotta take it up another level."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Committed to Ohio State earlier.

Really thought he was our chance to get a 5 star in this next cycle. Losing Zac may have hurt us on this one. Ugh.