Georgia Kickoff 2:30 CBS

Paladin

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am confused.  I thought CBS ended their partnership with the SEC starting this season. 

The contract with CBS runs through the end of the 2023 season. 

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm so ready for CBS to kick rocks.

What’s the over/under on how many times Gary points out how many “five starrrrrrrrrrrrrrs” Georgia has?

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ready for more of our big games to be at night in Jordan Hare.

Are we sure ESPN will be bumping the SEC game of the week to a night game? What’s the word on that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

What’s the over/under on how many times Gary points out how many “five starrrrrrrrrrrrrrs” Georgia has?

I can take that more than the number of times Aaron Murray discussed Robby getting snaps this past weekend. 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I can take that more than the number of times Aaron Murray discussed Robby getting snaps this past weekend. 😂

As long as Murray doesn’t call this game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm so ready for CBS to kick rocks.  Ready for more of our big games to be at night in Jordan Hare.

No way. I love CBS. You cannot beat that theme music. I get the Gary hate but there's nothing like it.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Are we sure ESPN will be bumping the SEC game of the week to a night game? What’s the word on that?

What's the difference between what they have now vs what will start next year? ESPN already does a 7 pm EST slot and then ABC has the 7:30 PM time slot. I have not read much about these new TV deals.

Maybe they'll be pushed back to 8? Maybe someone can chime in.

• Like 1

Good.  My evening will be free next Saturday to rest up for Dega.  I don’t think it matters what time or how much bourbon that stadium drinks beforehand if Auburn doesn’t find an offense against Texas A&M this weekend.

24 minutes ago, woodford said:

What's the difference between what they have now vs what will start next year? ESPN already does a 7 pm EST slot and then ABC has the 7:30 PM time slot. I have not read much about these new TV deals.

It'll basically be the same time slot format that we have now, but ABC can put a game on in primetime when they choose.  Not a flex/double header occasional type thing

Also, over half the games will be set in the summer, so very limited amount of instance's like today where we don't know the game time each and every week.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It'll basically be the same time slot format that we have now, but ABC can put a game on in primetime when they choose.  Not a flex/double header occasional type thing

Also, over half the games will be set in the summer, so very limited amount of instance's like today where we don't know the game time each and every week.

Yeah, I can't say for sure, but it seems like ABC/ESPN have more flexibility with time choices.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I can't say for sure, but it seems like ABC/ESPN have more flexibility with time choices.

The SEC will have a stable 330 game every single week on ABC. 

What's new is ABC has more primetime games.  They had 6 in 2022  That could be us and that could be other conferences (I think).

Edited by W.E.D

3 hours ago, all4AU said:

JHS will be rocking. 

Even more so if we are undefeated and the media gives us a ranking to boost ratings .

54 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The second worst thing about 2004 is that we didn't have a single home night game.

That means you’re the SEC’s best.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Viper said:

That means you’re the SEC’s best.

Yeah, all our night games in 2010 and 13 were before anyone realized how good we were.

Another reason I'm happy to be ditching CBS!

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, all our night games in 2010 and 13 were before anyone realized how good we were.

Another reason I'm happy to be ditching CBS!

But we're gonna lose that CBS high frame rate HD resolution though...🥺