Auburn at Texas A&M - Official Game Thread

Zeek

Just now, Didba said:

Some of us did. 

I wasn't for the Freeze hire from the beginning, but it wasn't from thinking we would be bad at football. He's shown he can rebuild programs, just not get them over the top yet. But this? This is pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Exhausted right after halftime? A&M wasn't getting wide open with Weigman. 

How many 3 and outs have you seen?  What does that mean when the offense sputters like it does?  The defense comes right back on the field.  

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

A lot of good ball coming up. You just have to adjust your expectations guys. 

True that.

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Well we had a great week of practice... 

All week our team listened to Hugh orally suck off A&M and the massive talent gap they have over us.

They seem to be playing like it.  You take the mindset of your HC.  He sets the tone.  He also endlessly cried about having to fly to California and didn't want to be there.  Team looked like it

• Like 5

There's always the fulfillment of schadenfreude hoping Ole Miss beats Alabama. A great Rotel day was just wasted. But not unexpected.

This defense is being exposed. Have never been able to stop a good passing game. No rush and leave people wide open. People have wildly overestimated this defense all year because of the lousy competition up until this point. Will be lucky to win a conference game. Team is totally unprepared in every aspect of this game

2 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

Phillip Montgomery calls plays like a high school coach. He sure doesn't look like he is an effective playcaller. He leaves all of his qbs out on a limb with no help. I hope Montgomery becomes an analyst or hits the door at the end of the year. Highest percentage pass is a slant, we throw none of them...period.

True. But, isn’t our HC a supposed brilliant mastermind? Is he willing to stake his job on letting someone else call bad game after bad game? I’m sorry, but this offense looks so much worse than what we had the prior two years. We’ve beaten nobody with a pulse and the first real team we play, our O looks pathetic. This is how you lose good recruits. They see a sloppy game plan and think, why would I go play there. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

We just aren’t talented enough to make the mistakes and miss the plays we’ve missed today. 

Yeah I get some of that but the play calling and coaching seems pretty inept to me....they have made no adjustments from the early games, just keep doing the same thing...we wont win 1 sec game if we continue to play like this..I just wanted to see some improvement, just a little and again might as well be Harsin coaching, pretty much same result...

3 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Where are all the folks telling us that Coach Freeze was the one, I mean I keep waiting to see some semblance of making progress and so far, nada...I know, just give him time blah blah...I dont see any adjustments 

We don’t have the talent these other teams do. Simple as that. Freeze will get us there

• Thanks 1

Just now, PearlofWisdom said:

Why were we fooled to think that an HC fired from Tulsa would be a good candidate to come in a call plays in the SEC??

I thought we were getting Hugh Freeze the play caller. He's done it everywhere else. He gets here and turns over play calling immediately. Feels like false advertising. We hired Freeze because of his offensive mind and he instantly punted. 

QB had all day on that drive. No pressure makes any QB looks good and WR did a good job holding onto ball for the TD. Sadly I am right as I picked A&M to win. It hurt to do that but 1st 3 games O-line was a disappointment and QB was worse.

Just now, Deutschetiger said:

How in the h*ll could putting Holden in be any worse than this sh*tshow?

He’s not.  I don’t care what people on here say,  all it takes is one forward pass completion to be better.