Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree. I don’t love it but I’m almost leaning towards trying to 2013 retro but with RA and freezes rpo packages. With a little heavier on the P. We better significantly adjust something. I’m watching lsu/arky and they’re both at a very different level than us right now.

Sad that it's already come to this but we might have to try something like that. The Caddy offense from the end of the season. We had a little drive in the 4th quarter with RA and running the ball only. 

Honestly, that won't work for long either but we have no ability to pass the ball right now. So frustrating that it's always the same problem. Can we at least suck in a new way?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Maybe not but the Media has definitely been pushing that situation since their first win. Probably has alot to do with his willingness to speak his mind.

I mean he's on of the most prolific and well known athletes of the the last 30 years who is extremely media friendly and knows how to market himself.  He dominate at Jackson State, got a lot of publicity taking the #1 recruit in the nation.

Of course his rise to P5 school is going to bring a lot of eyes.  Then in game 1 they throw for 500 yards and upset a CFB Playoff team that was ranked in the top 15 on the road?  Then beat Nebraska?  A huge B12 Rivalry?

Yeah, he's justifiably going to get a ton of media.  It has nothing to do with some dumbass concept tied to wokeness

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Hey, can I try?

I know you are but what am I! Ha! I'm not touching youuuuuuuu!

That's my thoughts on the last I dont know how many pages. With a side of smugness and ego that won't let you put the phone down long enough to just enjoy your time off. 

Yeah that’s my bad, I should have just put the old dude on ignore and moved on but had a little fun messing with him and derailed the thread. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Sad that it's already come to this but we might have to try something like that. The Caddy offense from the end of the season. We had a little drive in the 4th quarter with RA and running the ball only. 

Honestly, that won't work for long either but we have no ability to pass the ball right now. So frustrating that it's always the same problem. Can we at least suck in a new way?

They tried, but as soon as they got into 2nd/3rd and long situations it was over.  They either blitzed everyone in run sets and tackled the qB/RB at the mesh point or they sat back and rushed 3 b/c there was a near zero chance Robby could complete a pass

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

When was the last time we had a competent passing attack?

Just now, Didba said:

When was the last time we had a competent passing attack?

2014.  Maybe Stidham in 2017.  Competent in modern era terms?  Never

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

See TitanTiger’s request and let’s get back on topic. Apologies for derailing the thread to mess with you.

Amazing. A 27 year old calls a truce. Don’t like someone fighting back huh? No clue of TitanTigers request but I am a long time member and a Platinum member. So there is that.

• Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

They tried, but as soon as they got into 2nd/3rd and long situations it was over.  They either blitzed everyone in run sets and tackled the qB/RB at the mesh point or they sat back and rushed 3 b/c there was a near zero chance Robby could complete a pass

Their DC had some great blitzes dialed up. The first play of the game he called a perfect blitz. Really called a great game against the pass. 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

2014.  Maybe Stidham in 2017.  Competent in modern era terms?  Never

I was thinking 2017 as well and also I agree competent in modern era? Never. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Bottom line. We can not go road kill again this season. With bama to our west, uga to the east, and fsu and uf rising to our south - our recruiting foot print is getting even nastier and needs some season momentum quick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SurfingTiger said:

Amazing. A 27 year old calls a truce. Don’t like someone fighting back huh? No clue of TitanTigers request but I am a long time member and a Platinum member. So there is that.

That’s absolutely terrific. So be above it and stop. It’s becoming… tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So Robby can’t pass based off this year or last season. Last week he did pretty good wasnt given a credit because it was the backups but still could have stunk it up . Today he did a good flip play, one bad overthrows, one that should have been a TD and a good back shoulder to JJ. It was weird because it seemed he was the wrong receiver for that type of plays. Similar to a fade to Fair on the goal line

2 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

My initial thoughts were pre-happy feet Stid and......don't kill me......Sean White. 

I said today while watching the game; Sean White would be an improvement over our current QBs. 

• Haha 1

Halfway through the third quarter I took a nap and woke up to what I expected. I was yawning for most of the game and had to nap. If they don't get things fixed real quick, things could get very messy.

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

Their DC had some great blitzes dialed up. The first play of the game he called a perfect blitz. Really called a great game against the pass. 

You really dont know anything about football do you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SurfingTiger said:

You really dont know anything about football do you?

You're a weird guy

2 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Halfway through the third quarter I took a nap and woke up to what I expected. I was yawning for most of the game and had to nap. If they don't get things fixed real quick, things could get very messy.

Like slobbering during your nap messy?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

I said today while watching the game; Sean White would be an improvement over our current QBs. 

At one point he legitimately had it moving. Then if I remember correctly we lost Kyle Davis and also got the injury bug. Then wump wummmmmmp. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're a weird guy

Let’s just respect @TitanTiger request and just ignore him man, I appreciate you though. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1