LSU game time?

VicTree

I'm camping so I don't have my schedule and don't know what other games are going on that day.  Any chance we get the 11 o'clock kick in BR??

Normally I prefer the night games but not down there.  

WDE

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VicTree said:

I'm camping so I don't have my schedule and don't know what other games are going on that day.  Any chance we get the 11 o'clock kick in BR??

Normally I prefer the night games but not down there.  

WDE

Just guessing, but TAMU/Tennessee will likley be the afternoon CBS game and that leaves AU/LSU and Bama/Arky as the night game. Like you, I’m hoping for the early kickoff but we had that with TAMU so I’m afraid we get Red Stick at night. It’s a weak slate of games that week. 

• Like 1

Auburn/LSU has usually been a night kick when played in BR, and 230 when in auburn

it makes me sad we won’t have this game on our schedule next season who knows when we will play lsu again 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just guessing, but TAMU/Tennessee will likley be the afternoon CBS game and that leaves AU/LSU and Bama/Arky as the night game. Like you, I’m hoping for the early kickoff but we had that with TAMU so I’m afraid we get Red Stick at night. It’s a weak slate of games that week. 

Uga v Kentucky?

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Uga v Kentucky?

That’s this coming week isn’t it. Our game vs LSU is the next week. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Auburn/LSU has usually been a night kick when played in BR, and 230 when in auburn

it makes me sad we won’t have this game on our schedule next season who knows when we will play lsu again 

I guess I didn’t know this. LSU and AU has been great football for years. That stinks 

image.png.1382e98b2bb81d8f414d8f9fa753833f.png

At first it seems like TAMU @ UT would get the 3:30 slot leaving us the ESPN night cap. If TAMU upsets Bama they'll definitely be the CBS game which means we'll most likely be ESPN 7 ET.

This is my guess:

Florida/South Carolina noon SECN

Arkansas/Bama noon ESPN

TAMU/Tennessee 3:30 ET CBS

Mizzou/Kentucky 4 ET SECN

UGA/Vandy 7 ET SECN

Auburn/LSU 8 ET SEC

Kind of a weird slate. Would not surprise me if we get the CBS slot. Hell, if LSU loses to Mizzou we might get the noon kick-off!

8 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Once the new schedule rotation takes effect (should be in ‘25), we will play everyone home/away every 4 years. So we will play LSU again no later than ‘27, then again in ‘28. 

But to be honest with you, I won’t miss LSU very much. Even after all these years, Florida is still a much bigger rival. It sucks the SEC didn’t put the Gators on our schedule in ‘24. 

58 minutes ago, woodford said:

At first it seems like TAMU @ UT would get the 3:30 slot leaving us the ESPN night cap. If TAMU upsets Bama they'll definitely be the CBS game which means we'll most likely be ESPN 7 ET.

This is my guess:

Arkansas/Bama noon ESPN

UGA/Vandy 7 ET SECN

Auburn/LSU 8 ET SEC

Kind of a weird slate. Would not surprise me if we get the CBS slot. Hell, if LSU loses to Mizzou we might get the noon kick-off!

You guys do realize it’s possible that Kentucky/Missouri could be a match up of the last 2 unbeaten teams in the East. UK would be coming off a win over Georgia and Missouri would be coming off a win over LSU. 

9 hours ago, NewYrkTiger said:

You guys do realize it’s possible that Kentucky/Missouri could be a match up of the last 2 unbeaten teams in the East. UK would be coming off a win over Georgia and Missouri would be coming off a win over LSU. 

Yeah man, I do lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, woodford said:

This is my guess:

Arkansas/Bama noon ESPN

UGA/Vandy 7 ET SECN

Auburn/LSU 8 ET SEC

10 hours ago, NewYrkTiger said:

Unless CBS uses an extension the game times will be set today, in about 3 hours.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Yeah man, I do lol

lol I just thought that was an awfully important game to fall all the way to the SECN. Then again, these decisions are also made on anticipated ratings, and I would imagine most SEC schools have a lot more followers than Missouri and Kentucky, regardless of the importance of the game. 

They usually announce around lunch on either Monday or a Tuesday the week before.  Maybe today or tomorrow we should know.

17 minutes ago, NewYrkTiger said:

lol I just thought that was an awfully important game to fall all the way to the SECN. Then again, these decisions are also made on anticipated ratings, and I would imagine most SEC schools have a lot more followers than Missouri and Kentucky, regardless of the importance of the game. 

Lol just busting balls man wasn’t trying to be a jerk. Without a doubt undefeated Mizzou and UK would be on CBS. They would both be top 15 teams by then. 

I know I’m rooting for it!

• Like 1

If Bryan Harsin can win in Death Valley then we have a shot! lol

But for real I think Auburn matches up well against LSU. Their**** defense is not good at all plus they're banged up. Arkansas put 31 on them down in Red Stick......

Edited by woodford
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, woodford said:

If Bryan Harsin can win in Death Valley then we have a shot! lol

But for real I think Auburn matches up well against LSU. They're defense is not good at all plus they're banged up. Arkansas put 31 on them down in Red Stick......

I'm afraid this one can get out of hand for the simple reason our offense can't exploit their weakness( defense). Their offense is good.  We could be looking at a 3 score game. 

However,  if they lose to Mizzou.  Their wheels might come off. Will know more after Sat.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

However,  if they lose to Mizzou.  Their wheels might come off. Will know more after Sat.

image.pngLook at Mizzou!  Who knew they were 5-0 and rated?  
image.pngfor comparison sake.  643 yards and how much of that was Samford and UMass?

26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

image.pngLook at Mizzou!  Who knew they were 5-0 and rated?  
image.pngfor comparison sake.  643 yards and how much of that was Samford and UMass?

Analytics can't measure the psyche of  a team

51 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Analytics can't measure the psyche of  a team

Sure.  I was more pointing out the stats disparity.  Thorne has thrown for a little more than 1/3 of the yards that Daniels has and less than 1/2 of Mizzou’s Qb.  It wouldn’t surprise me if Mizzou won and I’m not sure that’s an LSU being bad thing.  Maybe Drink righted the ship?  

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:08 PM, NewYrkTiger said:

Once the new schedule rotation takes effect (should be in ‘25), we will play everyone home/away every 4 years. So we will play LSU again no later than ‘27, then again in ‘28. 

But to be honest with you, I won’t miss LSU very much. Even after all these years, Florida is still a much bigger rival. It sucks the SEC didn’t put the Gators on our schedule in ‘24. 

A lot of folks (me included) the game because of its weird moments 

earthquake game 

2006 penalty that wasn’t 

2007 LSU’s miracle touchdown catch 

but I understand it not bring considered a big rivalry as well by some 

btw Hugh freeze kinda dropped a hint we may lose the Georgia game after next year