Good For This Lady

She needs to stay the course, there is no way there will be a debt commission by the end of this year with this administration.

• Like 1

The debt is incredibly important.  However, the time to address the spending issue is during budget negotiations.  Threatening to not pay bills that are already due is not the path to responsible spending.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 10:07 PM, AU9377 said:

The debt is incredibly important.  However, the time to address the spending issue is during budget negotiations.  Threatening to not pay bills that are already due is not the path to responsible spending.

What do you think is a likely way for this to happen considering the current political mess?

On 10/3/2023 at 11:07 PM, AU9377 said:

A true budget hasn’t been passed since 2006.  Congress should have “lock ins” if they cannot pass a balanced budget, on time, as required.  

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

Yes,I agree…,she needs to convince more of the loons on her side of the aisle to quit 

• Haha 1

Goodbye.

The debt is only an Issue when Democrats are in power. When Republicans are in power, debt is a non-issue. The Trump administration is an obvious example.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

What do you think is a likely way for this to happen considering the current political mess?

We have such an entrenched refusal to change anything until pain impacts us to the degree that something has to be done.  I'm not certain that I know the answer.  I do know that part of the answer has to be that we stop rewarding politics of division.  We have to appreciate the difficulty that is inherent in attempting to govern a country of 350 million people and place more importance on the values we share than on greed and self promotion.

We have more money at our disposal than any country in the history of the planet.  Providing for the health, welfare and safety of this country is well within our reach, but we have to place those needs ahead of special interests and money in politics.

• Like 1