2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Move the playoff format to 16 or 24 teams, and eliminate the bowl games. As far as that goes, eliminate conference championship games. Best record wins the conference. 

QJ wanted to come to Auburn two or three years ago, but that was then.  It's a different world out there now.

• Love 1

My proposal:

-12 team playoff...

-...BUT eliminate conference championship games.

-Every conference champion will be determined the way the ACC, Big 12 and (in its last two seasons, RIP) the Pac-12 determine two teams.

-The six highest ranked conference champions get auto bids, though not necessarily getting first round byes (will still be seeded via selection committee).

-Seeds 5 and 6 will host the first round, while seeds 7-10 play at neutral site games (rotating between Cotton and Citrus AND Peach and Las Vegas). 

-Seeds 1-4 get a first round bye. Seeds 1 and 2 host quarterfinals, while seeds 3 and 4 play at neutral site games (rotating between Rose and Sugar AND Fiesta and Orange).

-The NC is still bid on, just can't be a semi site that year.

Wa-la, I've negated at least SOME of my concerns about people being able to afford travel AND gotten two additional bowls in the mix (sorry, the Citrus Bowl should be on at least the same level as Cotton and Peach!).

image.gif

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My proposal: 12 team playoff BUT eliminate conference championship games.

I’d be fine with this. Conference championships were already set to be de-facto first round games. 

I think 6 or 8 is the best number though if I had to pick. 4 is dumb. Some days I miss the BCS. I’m rambling now. Hell, I just want to beat Georgia in Athens next year. War Eagle. 

• Like 1

Just now, woodford said:

Would QJ even consider Auburn? Already a loaded room. I’m sure Georgia has contacted him. 

Just now, woodford said:

Would QJ even consider Auburn? Already a loaded room. I’m sure Georgia has contacted him. 

Hunter is another one AU is fighting to keep out of portal

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Idk will it be loaded…why would he tweet this

IMG_2667.png

Edited by WFE12

So are we about to see the Sean Jackson RB show?   Good grief, this “could” be a mess—I hope not. 
these must be in response to the rumor of Caddy gone

Edited by TigerPAC
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Idk will it be loaded…why would he tweet this

IMG_2667.png

Last thing on Earth I would try to do is psycho analyze a 20 year old college athlete’s tweets

• Like 1

I’m curious if those that leave are doing so because the loosing season and the finger pointing of the head coach? 

Edited by GreenTiger

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Heard he’s a problem at Ole Miss

I hope and pray Caddy is not gone. If he is then I hope it is for a much better position that in the long run will help him get the experience he will need to become a head coach somehwere in the future.  He has been a blessing to Auburn as a man, as a player and as a coach, but especially as a man who truly represents what the Auburn creed proclaims.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Heard he’s a problem at Ole Miss

FWIW, Josh Pate said to keep an eye on AU for him about an hour ago. 

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

FWIW, Josh Pate said to keep an eye on AU for him about an hour ago. 

$535k NIL valuation. 🤔

Brad Crawford at 247 said the 6 teams to watch for Judkins is Auburn, LSU, Bama, Florida State, Michigan and Oregon.

He also said Caddy made a very late push for Judkins at signing day 2 years ago but Judkins chose Ole Miss. I've always read on this board that Harsin said Judkins was too small and didn't want him. If true, then Caddy making a hard push to get him at signing day doesn't line up with the news spread on here that Harsin never wanted him.

Edited by TeamZero77

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Need to spend that on a QB

This .. good Lord. I mean at the end of the day there is no cap, so pony up and buy QJ , Salter, and more lineman than you can handle. Who cares ?? Buy everyone. It’s legal. GA spends more than anyone on recruits and NIL. They win damn near every game . AU can spend as much as they want. Either be stubborn or win. Not saying you are stubborn. Literally there is no policing of the NIL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Brad Crawford at 247 said the 6 teams to watch for Judkins is Auburn, LSU, Bama, Florida State, Michigan and Oregon.

He also said Caddy made a very late push for Judkins at signing day 2 years ago but Judkins chose Ole Miss. I've always read on this board that Harsin said Judkins was too small and didn't want him. If true, then Caddy making a hard push to get him at signing day doesn't line up with the news spread on here that Harsin never wanted him.

I’m not sure Tater pushed for anyone honestly. He didn’t care about recruits. He left  several at the airport lol. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This .. good Lord. I mean at the end of the day there is no cap, so pony up and buy QJ , Salter, and more lineman than you can handle. Who cares ?? Buy everyone. It’s legal. GA spends more than anyone on recruits and NIL. They win damn near every game . AU can spend as much as they want. Either be stubborn or win. Not saying you are stubborn. Literally there is no policing of the NIL

Where can I get me one of those unlimited money tree’s?   This is not a question for you or anyone else for that matter, but I wonder how many on here are donors to OTV ?   

• Haha 1