I support the coaches and players

Auburn93

16 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think the majority want freeze to succeed but there were some very egregious things in the past few games coaching wise that do hurt things. I don't mind a 2 qb system but this may be the worst I've ever seen it run.

You are basing it on the outcome. You have no idea that running it to your specifications would have equaled a better outcome, you would just like it better.

5 hours ago, e808 said:

The statistics don’t support that Auburn is as talentless as it appears . They are ahead of team like Ole Miss and Mizzou. If they were as talentless as lead to believe then they should be getting blown out. Losing isn’t the issue it’s the how. How can u place blame on receiving when u don’t even attempt to throw the ball. There are a million ways to throw the ball and offensive minded coach can’t find one.

Then when the QB gets the drive going u switch the guy out and get a penalty or have to call a timeout because the play clock is about to run out. This has nothing to do with talent. The rotation of qb was worse than it has been all season.

Realistically you can have all the talent in the world but coaching still trumps all.

With all due respect, you need to be sober to post here. With Harsin, we may have actually lost talent overall. I repeat no team in the SEC has ever gone two years not recruiting. Harsin s first recruiting class included not one signing on signing day. Yes it was that bad. Hence we are bad on a level no Auburn fan nor Alumni is used to seeing. This is a hard lesson for us. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

With all due respect, you need to be sober to post here. With Harsin, we may have actually lost talent overall. I repeat no team in the SEC has ever gone two years not recruiting. Harsin s first recruiting class included not one signing on signing day. Yes it was that bad. Hence we are bad on a level no Auburn fan nor Alumni is used to seeing. This is a hard lesson for us. 

What does sober have to do with anything. Whether he recruited or not isnt what I stated. U danced around the fact according to the stats Auburn is the 7th most talented team. Bottom line this team shouldn’t look as inept as it has on offense. Spin it how u want

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arkansas just fired their OC...Well.

Watch them get things headed in the right direction just in time for us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

What does sober have to do with anything. Whether he recruited or not isnt what I stated. U danced around the fact according to the stats Auburn is the 7th most talented team. Bottom line this team shouldn’t look as inept as it has on offense. Spin it how u want

Alot of fans just don't want to admit that Hugh Freeze may not be this top tier coach and QB/Offensive guru that everybody has made him out to be. They all want to blame a lack of talent but Mike Leach coached at Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi State and never was mistaken as an ace recruiter. Regardless, he ALWAYS found a way to have a good offense. Those 3 schools have always had pretty average talent but he made it work. 

Why can't Hugh adapt his offense to his players strengths? Caddy did last season and did it on the fly. To me it looks and feels like Hugh is being hardheaded like Gus was and is bound and determined to fit a square peg into a round hole. His offense isn't working. PERIOD. Good coaches can adapt and work with what they've got. 

Also, when QB's were bad under Gus, everybody blamed Gus and how he couldn't develop a QB. Now, Peyton Thorne is having a REALLY down season but nobody blames Hugh. Everybody just says Thorne is soft, scared, deer in headlights, can't handle SEC speed, etc. 

Fans blame the QB but Hugh chose him from the portal. Fans blame the O-Line but alot of those kids were chosen by Hugh in the portal. Fans blame the WR's but several of those were chosen by Hugh. Fans blame Montgomery, Marcus Davis, Ron Roberts but they were all chosen by Hugh. 

Chizik, Tubs, Gus and Harsin always caught the blame when the teams sucked, coaches sucked or roster was average. But for some reason Hugh is getting a complete pass on stuff that is HIS responsibility. 

Personally, I don't think Hugh is this coaching savant, QB and offensive minded guru that most make him out to be. He was stuck at Liberty for a reason. Look at the schools in the ACC and SEC that came open and Hugh never got a look except from us. LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss. St, Auburn after Gus, Vandy, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee all passed on Hugh. We hired him 2nd time around. Also, Hugh was transparent with reporters and the videos from Liberty prove it. He was asked if he had been called by Auburn and he said yes and didn't deny anything. We're the only school that came calling. Why? 

It's ok to admit that what he is doing on offense isn't working. Maybe if people held him accountable instead of blaming every tom, dick and harry for our mistakes, then he would actually try to adapt his offense around his players strengths.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That AU and Arky game may set offensive football back 100 yrs

We already did that against Miss State in the 3-2 game. Well, we could top it by beating them 2-0. 

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Alot of fans just don't want to admit that Hugh Freeze may not be this top tier coach and QB/Offensive guru that everybody has made him out to be. They all want to blame a lack of talent but Mike Leach coached at Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi State and never was mistaken as an ace recruiter. Regardless, he ALWAYS found a way to have a good offense. Those 3 schools have always had pretty average talent but he made it work. 

Why can't Hugh adapt his offense to his players strengths? Caddy did last season and did it on the fly. To me it looks and feels like Hugh is being hardheaded like Gus was and is bound and determined to fit a square peg into a round hole. His offense isn't working. PERIOD. Good coaches can adapt and work with what they've got. 

Also, when QB's were bad under Gus, everybody blamed Gus and how he couldn't develop a QB. Now, Peyton Thorne is having a REALLY down season but nobody blames Hugh. Everybody just says Thorne is soft, scared, deer in headlights, can't handle SEC speed, etc. 

Fans blame the QB but Hugh chose him from the portal. Fans blame the O-Line but alot of those kids were chosen by Hugh in the portal. Fans blame the WR's but several of those were chosen by Hugh. Fans blame Montgomery, Marcus Davis, Ron Roberts but they were all chosen by Hugh. 

Chizik, Tubs, Gus and Harsin always caught the blame when the teams sucked, coaches sucked or roster was average. But for some reason Hugh is getting a complete pass on stuff that is HIS responsibility. 

Personally, I don't think Hugh is this coaching savant, QB and offensive minded guru that most make him out to be. He was stuck at Liberty for a reason. Look at the schools in the ACC and SEC that came open and Hugh never got a look except from us. LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss. St, Auburn after Gus, Vandy, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee all passed on Hugh. We hired him 2nd time around. Also, Hugh was transparent with reporters and the videos from Liberty prove it. He was asked if he had been called by Auburn and he said yes and didn't deny anything. We're the only school that came calling. Why? 

It's ok to admit that what he is doing on offense isn't working. Maybe if people held him accountable instead of blaming every tom, dick and harry for our mistakes, then he would actually try to adapt his offense around his players strengths.

Great post 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

A lot of people are blaming him and the coaching staff for not putting out anything that even remotely resembles a competent offense. It’s not solely on the coaches, but I would say the schemes and play calling are certainly a large part, if not the majority of the problem. 

47 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Therin lies the problem.  This isn't his offense.  His offense is RPO at warp speed.  He says he wants to milk the clock, go slow etc to save his paper thin defense this year. Your point is well taken though. He needs to run his hurry up RPO and see what happens. This year is NOTHING like what he ran at Liberty and Ole Miss. So your take on him being hard headed could be valid. Whatever the reason for the ineptness of the offense,  it lays at Hugh's feet. If I was him, I may get beat, but I'm gonn get beat doing what I do best Hurry up, RPO in this case.

19 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

You can quit all you want. 

It won't change a thing.

We need Freeze to succeed.

Go burn down your own house not mine. 

That's not enough, I say give Freeze an extension now!

*See, now I'm a bigger better Auburn fan than you. ;) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, e808 said:

What does sober have to do with anything. Whether he recruited or not isnt what I stated. U danced around the fact according to the stats Auburn is the 7th most talented team. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who the hell gave you that stat? What little talent we did sign Left with CGM, Left with CBH, Left for the Portal, and Left period.

If you think we are the 7th most talented team in the SEC you must drunk or voting for trump. We are in no way the 7th most talented team in the SEC and if you cant see that or believe some crazy fool behind a keyboard that doent know beans about football, you are the confused one here not me. We are probably somewhere between maybe 11th and 14th in the league. And yes I do blame the laziest recruiter ever in the SEC, CBH. He basically didnt recruit for almost two years. What he signed what not top tier talent because he ddint get up off his ass and do anything. He missed calls, he missed appts, he missed meetings, etc. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, War Damn said:

I don’t disagree with your blah blah that Harsin didn’t recruit but what does the above sentence even mean?  They all signed after signing day?  There wasn’t one good recruit in that class (Jarquez would like a word)?  Marty and Doc Brown went back in time and altered present day reality?

Please provide a Google translation…

We went thru NSD and didnt sign one f'in player. Not even Vandy is that pitiful. WE SIGNED NO ONE ON NSD UNDER HARSIN. KABOOM!

"Auburn left signing day with less talent than we had the day before." We lost 18 players to the portal because of Harsin. he did nothing to offest that. Then he ran off what may be a Heisman Trophy QB that was also an Auburn legacy. The kid grewup dreaming of wearing Orange and Blue and playing for Auburn...AND HE F'IN LEFT for Oregon. That is how pitiful CBH did while here. 

13 hours ago, War Damn said:

Single wing, anyone?

with or without hot sauce?

16 hours ago, AU120289 said:

We already did that against Miss State in the 3-2 game. Well, we could top it by beating them 2-0. 

If it were the CFL we could win 1-0

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

You are basing it on the outcome. You have no idea that running it to your specifications would have equaled a better outcome, you would just like it better.

This type of thinking is reflective of the societal narrative that has trended since social media came about that says that everyone's opinions are equally valid.

Everyone's opinions are NOT equally valid.  Some opinions are backed up by sound reasoning, facts, etc., and others are not.  The poster to whom you are replying may have very good, logical reasons for feeling like the PROBABILITY that the outcome would have been different (better) had the two QB system been instituted differently.  Of course, the possibility also exists that he may not have those logical reasons.  None of us know without  him explaining his reasoning.

But what I DO know is that the fact that the future is unknowable does not negate the general reality that some outcomes are more likely than others in any given situation and very often can be predicted with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

KABOOM!

It's interesting how tone deaf you are to the fact that us not having the talent level we'd like and the fact that Freeze doesn't seem to have made the most of the talent he does have are two different things.

16 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Therin lies the problem.  This isn't his offense.  His offense is RPO at warp speed.  He says he wants to milk the clock, go slow etc to save his paper thin defense this year. Your point is well taken though. He needs to run his hurry up RPO and see what happens. This year is NOTHING like what he ran at Liberty and Ole Miss. So your take on him being hard headed could be valid. Whatever the reason for the ineptness of the offense,  it lays at Hugh's feet. If I was him, I may get beat, but I'm gonn get beat doing what I do best Hurry up, RPO in this case.

He will get a few years no matter what and he should. But I agree with you because I've always been of the mindset, if your butt is on the line and you have to produce or lose your job, atleast do it with what got you there. 

38 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

He will get a few years no matter what and he should. But I agree with you because I've always been of the mindset, if your butt is on the line and you have to produce or lose your job, at least do it with what got you there. 

I will respectfully disagree.  If he was doing that people would be calling him "stubborn, inflexible, etc." and roasting him worse.  I have no problem with him departing from the script...we're in an unusual situation and it wouldn't really be all that reasonable to expect to NOT have to depart from the script IMO.  I don't think he's adapting well, however.  I don't think his attempts to try something different are working out well so far.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

They all want to blame a lack of talent but Mike Leach coached at Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi State and never was mistaken as an ace recruiter. Regardless, he ALWAYS found a way to have a good offense.

Leach's scoring offenses (ppg) in his first years were ranked 69th at Texas Tech, 108th at Washington State, and 110th at Mississippi State. In his second year, his scoring offenses were 17th, 52nd, and 60th. He struggled year 1 and made significant improvement in year 2. I think more than talent, just getting players to understand his offense better was what led to success.

18 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Why can't Hugh adapt his offense to his players strengths? Caddy did last season and did it on the fly.

We are running a run-heavy offense right now which is what we did at the end of last year. We only had one game in that span which we passed for more than a hundred yards and that was Western Kentucky and we passed for 102 yards. The offense was not good at the end of last year. The other big difference at the end of last year was the schedule. We played a bad A&M and Western Kentucky at home, and MSU and bama on the road. 

You get no argument from me that we look absolutely awful on offense but I think a lot of people, myself included, did not realize how much Nix covered up our offensive deficiencies. I thought he was holding the offense back and it is obvious now he and Tank were the only part of the offense that worked. The offense went downhill once we lost Nix in 2021 and now that we have also lost Tank to the NFL we have few, if any, real playmakers on offense. We have talent at running back but there is not another position on offense that I would consider us to have above-average talent. 

The defensive side of the ball is by far our most talented and that is why we are running a clock management run-heavy type offense. I think that is the way Freeze has adapted the team to our strengths. He has focused the team on defense but that is hard to make work when you have a string of games against the best offenses and most talent-loaded teams in the conference.     

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Who the hell gave you that stat? What little talent we did sign Left with CGM, Left with CBH, Left for the Portal, and Left period.

If you think we are the 7th most talented team in the SEC you must drunk or voting for trump. We are in no way the 7th most talented team in the SEC and if you cant see that or believe some crazy fool behind a keyboard that doent know beans about football, you are the confused one here not me. We are probably somewhere between maybe 11th and 14th in the league. And yes I do blame the laziest recruiter ever in the SEC, CBH. He basically didnt recruit for almost two years. What he signed what not top tier talent because he ddint get up off his ass and do anything. He missed calls, he missed appts, he missed meetings, etc. 

For example Auburn is 17 or something like that this year but has like 15 players . Based on the average per player Auburn is either top 5 or close to it. So Auburn might not have the numbers over all to be top ten but the type of players put  them in the top 5. You see how that works 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

This type of thinking is reflective of the societal narrative that has trended since social media came about that says that everyone's opinions are equally valid.

Everyone's opinions are NOT equally valid.  Some opinions are backed up by sound reasoning, facts, etc., and others are not.  The poster to whom you are replying may have very good, logical reasons for feeling like the PROBABILITY that the outcome would have been different (better) had the two QB system been instituted differently.  Of course, the possibility also exists that he may not have those logical reasons.  None of us know without  him explaining his reasoning.

But what I DO know is that the fact that the future is unknowable does not negate the general reality that some outcomes are more likely than others in any given situation and very often can be predicted with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

I agree with your premise (imagine that!!), which is why an entire industry has been created and is extremely monetarily successful (betting on football). The fact that CFB is about younger players is also a reason CFB betting lines are not as successful as NFL betting lines ( but they are successful).