Post game thread: Ole Miss

TitanTiger

38 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, just a weird cat all the way around. I'm not even sure what that last gif is? Is that a dance them 2 dudes is doing? I'm telling u ,he is a weird bird. Don't worry he won't be able to stay away long. Kinda like a wart that keeps popping up.

When I was a kid, I had an uncle who used to buy your warts and they seemingly would go away ( oh well, he is no longer around, and we have grown past those type of remedies).

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, just a weird cat all the way around. I'm not even sure what that last gif is? Is that a dance them 2 dudes is doing? I'm telling u ,he is a weird bird. Don't worry he won't be able to stay away long. Kinda like a wart that keeps popping up.

He will follow you mercilessly and when you strike back hard , run to the mods. Best bet is just ignore him. You are a very knowledgeable and enjoyable poster around these parts. 

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

He will follow you mercilessly and when you strike back hard , run to the mods. Best bet is just ignore him. You are a very knowledgeable and enjoyable poster around these parts. 

Thanks . Appreciate it. Same to you

On 10/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

The ironic thing about all of this is that the offense is catching the heat but it's the defensive depth situation thats causing Freeze to not run his offense. I encourage everyone to go watch Liberty or Ole Miss tape when Freeze was there.  It's nothing like what we are running right now.

I suppose the defensive depth suddenly cured itself just prior to MSU.

barack-obama-president-obama.gif

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

I suppose the defensive depth suddenly cured itself just prior to MSU.

barack-obama-president-obama.gif

A lot of good things tend to happen when you play bottom of conference programs.

There are so many positives. A win, no turnovers, playing a true freshman center who did well, no quarterback, rotation, the quarterback played incredible, defense extending the turnover streak, and rolling toomers  

That’s just a few …

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUApostle said:

A lot of good things tend to happen when you play bottom of conference programs.

Not the point. We were told it's the defensive depth situation that's causing Freeze to not run his offense, yet he ran the HUNH from the first snap and didn't slow down till the game was in hand.

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not the point. We were told it's the defensive depth situation that's causing Freeze to not run his offense, yet he ran the HUNH from the first snap and didn't slow down till the second half.

Corrected that for you…

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not the point. We were told it's the defensive depth situation that's causing Freeze to not run his offense, yet he ran the HUNH from the first snap and didn't slow down till the game was in hand.

After the half, he still ran the HUNH (huddle up, no hurry). 

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Corrected that for you…

No. It is correct. He ran the HUNH from the first snap and didn't slow down till the game was in hand, which was in the 2nd half.

AU proved 2 years ago against MSU, the game is never in hand at halftime.

The overall point remains...it never was the defensive depth situation that caused Freeze to not run the HUNH. The defensive depth did not change from Ole Miss to MSU.

We have overrated our defense because they are playing much better than the offense for the most part. But, realistically they are only an average SEC defense at best, while offense is near the bottom. Defense still making way too  many mistakes. Blown coverages, missed tackles or not finishing in critical situations. Partly youth and partly keeping people fresh. Maybe playing a little too loose to prevent big plays from opponents and not making enough big plays ourselves on defense. Assante and Simpson and Scott and maybe a couple more make some plays but we need more to step up. WDE!!!

7 hours ago, autan said:

We have overrated our defense because they are playing much better than the offense for the most part. But, realistically they are only an average SEC defense at best, while offense is near the bottom. Defense still making way too  many mistakes. Blown coverages, missed tackles or not finishing in critical situations. Partly youth and partly keeping people fresh. Maybe playing a little too loose to prevent big plays from opponents and not making enough big plays ourselves on defense. Assante and Simpson and Scott and maybe a couple more make some plays but we need more to step up. WDE!!!

Don’t disagree with some of your points. 

The sum had been less than the individual efforts. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

The ironic thing about all of this is that the offense is catching the heat but it's the defensive depth situation thats causing Freeze to not run his offense.

That defensive depth situation still keeping Freeze from running the HUNH two consecutive weeks.

yikes-well.gif