Men vs. AUM (Exhibition)

KillenTime

51 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Missing Flan? Haven't even thought about him until your post...

To each their own. Definitely had value in regards to being that 3rd playmaker for this team, when needed. He was needed much more than he should've been in that role with Zep being a non-threat as a PG, but he'd actually be perfect, in only needing to occasionally be that type of guy, on this particular roster. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Definitely had value in regards to being that 3rd playmaker for this team

Factually not often after his injury a couple years ago.

Even though it was actual a literal non-factor of a team, I commend them as a whole for recognizing that trying to continue to play with pace with the 2 2-guards as the PG (when Tre was out) was not going to work particularly well. They slowed it down, made it a more half court game, and actually executed some decent looks to get guys in good position around the rim. 

There's some point guards on this roster that I don't think would be able to execute in those conditions against middle school teams 

Just now, ellitor said:

Factually not often after his injury a couple years ago.

You separated a ton of context by only quoting this snippet of the post. The remainder of the post says that he was in that role more often than he should've been, or was sometimes even the 2nd playmaker behind Wendell, which was not proper usage. 

But yes, he factually showed value in some games when we needed him to, such as against the University of Kentucky in 2021, when our nominal backup PG in Zep couldn't be trusted to bring the ball up the court and AF had to help in that role behind Wendell. Was probably the 2nd-3rd best player in the first half of that game.

This is all the point of me saying that he would've actually got to abide by that 3rd playmaker status here, and would've been asked to do an appropriate amount (which is again, ignored for some odd reason by only quoting the part of the post that you did).

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Team has a lot of fun and energy - do the extra effort to keep one another up

I think they may be one guard short roster wise, but there’s not too many college teams with a viable 3rd playmaker. If there’s one thing I’ll miss about Flan, he was just that (often enough). Cannot ask that out of the new forwards - remains to be seen if the 2 guards can take up some of that mantle but so far…eh 

Aden being ready as a freshman to run the show and adequately defend will determine our ceiling. Love Tre, but we know that’s true. Aden’s scoring brings a wildly different potential dynamic at PG. 

Let’s also hope Johni stays healthy and then the backup center spot won’t look so concerning. Dylan is more than adequate to bring energy and defense off the bench in limited minutes. Against some teams we may also be able to go a bit smaller with Jaylin and Chaney while Johni is off the floor. 

Edited by Dunndone414
  • Like 1

Really good write up on the game https://247sports.com/college/auburn/article/pick-this-weeks-top-college-football-games-219326881/

We struggled shooting the 3 outside of Denver Jones. Defense played well. Sounded like Baker had a hell of a game. Chaney played well outside of free throw struggles. Sounds like we did well with transfers this go around

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Really good write up on the game https://247sports.com/college/auburn/article/pick-this-weeks-top-college-football-games-219326881/

We struggled shooting the 3 outside of Denver Jones. Defense played well. Sounded like Baker had a hell of a game. Chaney played well outside of free throw struggles. Sounds like we did well with transfers this go around

From three:

Denver Jones - 4-8

Everyone else - 1-17

“Ouch, baby. Very Ouch!”

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

To each their own. Definitely had value in regards to being that 3rd playmaker for this team, when needed. He was needed much more than he should've been in that role with Zep being a non-threat as a PG, but he'd actually be perfect, in only needing to occasionally be that type of guy, on this particular roster. 

But how was he as a teammate and how was it with his father as a coach. I think we are a much better team without him. He had too much baggage (drama) and then he and his dad took the baggage to Ole.. If you are going to bring drama, you need to be a dadgum great player (NBA scorer) which he isn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Aden being ready as a freshman to run the show and adequately defend will determine our ceiling. Love Tre, but we know that’s true. Aden’s scoring brings a wildly different potential dynamic at PG. 

Let’s also hope Johni stays healthy and then the backup center spot won’t look so concerning. Dylan is more than adequate to bring energy and defense off the bench in limited minutes. Against some teams we may also be able to go a bit smaller with Jaylin and Chaney while Johni is off the floor. 

I think Aden will need to be unrealistically good if the hope is that this team is competing for conference tourneys tbh. I’m not making that basis around this exhibition per se, but as relative to Kentucky or Tennessee, I don’t think I see the roster for that. But they should be frisky and spook quite a few teams that are better than them

and yeah they really really really need Johni, on both ends. These dudes systematically need that anchor if they’re going to play the reach for the ball type of defense they do, year in and year out

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

But how was he as a teammate and how was it with his father as a coach. I think we are a much better team without him. He had too much baggage (drama) and then he and his dad took the baggage to Ole.. If you are going to bring drama, you need to be a dadgum great player (NBA scorer) which he isn't.

I don’t know how it was in that locker room, I’m just aware of what supposed insiders said it was like. I choose to not really factor in that information very much in how I analyze a player - if you choose to, perfectly fine. It’s just a general preference for me yknow 

7 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Drama? I don't remember any drama. Refresh my memory on what drama or baggage you speak of.

10 minutes ago, creed said:

Drama? I don't remember any drama. Refresh my memory on what drama or baggage you speak of.

fight with kd, pouting on the sidelines, getting in fight with coach, bad attitude

4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

fight with kd, pouting on the sidelines, getting in fight with coach, bad attitude

Interesting. I never heard any mention of this by Pearl or the news.

2 hours ago, creed said:

Interesting. I never heard any mention of this by Pearl or the news.

There was a nugget buried in some recruiting thread a few months back where it was confirmed Flan got in a physical altercation with his Dad during practice.