Vandy post game thread

TitanTiger

20 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I think the issue is not whether it’s true or if he can handle it’s the fact that it’s done on national television. I see no value in the choosing that timing and place to deliver “tough love” as some call it 

It's not about value. It was an honest assessment.

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Telling a reporter “he” can’t do that to “us” comes off as if the player’s not part of “us.

No it doesn't. A statement can be made about an individual & he still be part of the collective. He & us aren't mutually exclusive.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's not about value. It was an honest assessment.

Your boss needs to tell you honestly that you suck at your job. Do you choose A. Live on TV or B. In private????
What’s going to help you hear that best and as well as have respect for the boss giving you the honest assessment? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Doesn’t mean it won’t cost us players we really want down the road. I don’t see an upside so why risk a downside?

And I don't see it as a risk. I think we are reading way too much into things. It's what fans do sometimes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

And I don't see it as a risk. I think we are reading way too much into things. It's what fans do sometimes.

Fans are often more likely to minimize problematic things, especially after a coaching change from a disastrous coach. I get that such things are not going to even likely be proven because you won’t likely know who you lost. My point is, if your goal is championships, you look for optimal behaviors, habits and practices. That’s at the crux of Saban’s success. It’s a perfectionist even when crushing an opponent. 

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No it doesn't. A statement can be made about an individual & he still be part of the collective. He & us aren't mutually exclusive.

It technically can, but I said it “comes off as if the player’s not part of “us.”” If you want to focus on strict grammar rules, go ahead. There’s different ways to phrase things that are technically correct but have different nuances and impacts.