Arkansas game score prediction

aucat

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Arkansas is a lot like Auburn in terms of offensive efficiency, I think Arkansas is a little better in some regards. Defense has better numbers for sure.

Do Hawgs fans even want Pittman back? If they don't go out and try to get someone who can make them compete, I would take that as sort of waving a white flag going into this new SEC. That's just my IMO.

He's so likeable that we really want him to succeed, and with so many close losses there is a thought that learning to make slightly better in-game decisions and having a better playcaller now might turn around some of those close games into wins (he did exactly that in 2021 when we went 9-4, winning a ton of close ones). Nearly beating LSU and Alabama shows that there is some talent, but it ultimately doesn't really matter if you don't win.

He also has a pretty good (for Arkansas standards) ~20th ranked recruiting class coming in so there's that. He essentially fixed the defense which was near dead last in the NCAA last season and is respectable this year so some fans think he should get a chance to do the same with the offense, but if he ends up 4-8 I don't see a realistic way to bring him back. Kiffin having Ole Miss in the top 10 doesn't help.

It's always hard to start over yet again but after so long you can't just hold on to "he's better than 2-10 Chad Morris" in the fourth year. Reminds me a little of Mike Anderson for the basketball team where he at least left it in better shape for the next guy even though he was a little underwhelming overall. He might just surprise everyone and retire to his lake house in Hot Springs anyway, who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUApostle said:

Against SEC competition, Auburn has scored the following TDs:

Game 1: - 1 TD

Game 2: - 2 TD

Game 3 - 2 TD

Game 4 - 3 TD

Game 5 - 3 TD

Game 6 - 4 TD

This is game 7, so I predict the progress continues.  4 TDs (maybe 5) and a couple of field goals.  And because Arky has a pulse on O, I give them 3 TDs.

Auburn 34,  Arky 27

Some of those were Defensive TDs

2 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

AU: 18; PT throws for 200+, JH runs for 100+ and McPherson hits 5 FGs

Arky: 17 

?? How do we get to 18 if McPherson hits 5 FGs? Do we get a safety and half a safety?

4 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

?? How do we get to 18 if McPherson hits 5 FGs? Do we get a safety and half a safety?

I meant 6. My original prediction was 15 🤦‍♂️. I use to do math 😄

Edited by HAPvsOA
not so much anymore

Arkansas 31 - Auburn 17

I don't like what we have seen from our Tigers in the second half of our last two wins. That kind of production and mentality will cost us against a scrappy Razorback team. 

KJ Jefferson and Rocket Sanders are practically designed in a lab to make our front 7 look silly. I can picture Rocket running up the middle for 150+ and KJ scrambling on us for easy yardage.

I hope I am wrong but the second half of the Vanderbilt game didn't show me anything that instilled confidence we can get this done on the road. Florida has a much better and more consistent offense plus the homefield advantage and managed to lose against an Arkansas team that should have quit by now.

War Eagle anyways

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Arkansas 31 - Auburn 17

I don't like what we have seen from our Tigers in the second half of our last two wins. That kind of production and mentality will cost us against a scrappy Razorback team. 

KJ Jefferson and Rocket Sanders are practically designed in a lab to make our front 7 look silly. I can picture Rocket running up the middle for 150+ and KJ scrambling on us for easy yardage.

I hope I am wrong but the second half of the Vanderbilt game didn't show me anything that instilled confidence we can get this done on the road. Florida has a much better and more consistent offense plus the homefield advantage and managed to lose against an Arkansas team that should have quit by now.

War Eagle anyways

Good points. This game makes me really nervous after watching what Arky did to UF in the swamp last weekend. I’m still doing some thinking before I make a prediction, but your post seems very spot on for this season and for the play calling so far this year. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Arkansas 31 - Auburn 17

War Eagle anyways

Hard to draw much of a conclusion from second half of the last 2 games. We had double digit leads going into the second half. Probably more a function of taking the foot off the gas and trying to kill clock.  If you take Hugh at his word, that’s exactly what it was.

Edited by ScotsAU

On 11/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, Never2Yield said:

But they also just beat the Gators in The Swamp.

Just saying. :dunno:

Maybe arky will be super-hyped thinking they have major swagger since they swamped the gators in Gainesville...and they have home field advantage. Only to be surprised we're not gonna play like the gators did. Major let down for the hogs coming in Fayetteville. We're gonna be super-hyped after we feast on BBQ this Saturday! I can feel it 

1 hour ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Maybe arky will be super-hyped thinking they have major swagger since they swamped the gators in Gainesville...and they have home field advantage. Only to be surprised we're not gonna play like the gators did. Major let down for the hogs coming in Fayetteville. We're gonna be super-hyped after we feast on BBQ this Saturday! I can feel it 

I'm thinking us 34ish them 19ish

I may be proven wrong Saturday but  I don’t think KJ Jefferson is all that.  He’s just a big dude.  I’ll predict 2 pics by Auburn DBs.

Edited by Win4AU

On 11/5/2023 at 9:43 AM, W.E.D said:

Idk what the score is.  We probably lose unless the offense clicks for the first time.  We've seen some glimpses in back to back games, but too many unforced errors/issues.

It'll be a tough road game and Arky is getting some moment with the league's top RB finally back and a new OC.

Their defense isn't great.

I think it might be close

Jarquez plays for Arkansas now?  

• WarTiger changed the title to Arkansas game score prediction
12 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Jarquez plays for Arkansas now?  

No he doesn't.  Rahiem Sanders does

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No he doesn't.  Rahiem Sanders does

I think it’s fair to put Hunter above him this year just because Sanders has missed so much time being injured and doesn’t quite have the burst back from last season (came into the season weighing 240). But he finally looked like his old self against Florida. Hard to believe KJ Jefferson is Arkansas’ leading rusher with less than 300 yards this year.