Arkansas game score prediction

aucat

• RunInRed changed the title to Auburn at Arkansas score prediction

Well, I have been perfect calling scores all year - perfectly wrong. So, I am sitting this prediction out and hoping we get to enjoy some tasty pork next Saturday. 

1 hour ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I haven't watched Arkansas play, but their record isn't great, and BYU and Miss St beat them. Are they really a true threat, or is it because it's away? 

They have a beast at QB in Jefferson. How we contain him or rather if we can will go a long way in our chances. As always we must keep mistakes at a minimum and start fast. The offense will have to do their fair share in this one. Can’t be taking a quarter or a half off in this game. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We still look lost too much of the time, we haven’t been good on the road in years and Arky has some big play ability. 

Arkansas - 30

Auburn.    - 20

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 1

Idk what the score is.  We probably lose unless the offense clicks for the first time.  We've seen some glimpses in back to back games, but too many unforced errors/issues.

It'll be a tough road game and Arky is getting some moment with the league's top RB finally back and a new OC.

Their defense isn't great.

I think it might be close

I’m not falling for the Auburn road woes in this game. Arkansas has lost the same amount of home games the past five years as Auburn has lost on the road. If you’re going to get over road woes then that’s the team to do it against. They’re no better at home than Auburn is on the road. 💁🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Isn't this the same Arky team that scored 3 points at home vs MSU? I'll take Auburn

But they also just beat the Gators in The Swamp.

Just saying. :dunno:

Arkansas is a weird team this year. Very up and down. Yes, they beat Florida, but who is Florida this year? I like our defense to keep this one low scoring, but also a little concerned about Thorne on the road. He hasn’t looked great at home at times either, but the only time he’s looked pretty good in a road game was yesterday, and it was only a road game in name only since there were more Auburn fans than Vandy fans at the game. I do think we are trending upward better than they are, and I think we are the clear better team on a neutral field. I don’t know what we’re going to get offensively on the road. 

I’m going to say it is close until the 4th (14-10). We pull a little lead early in the 4th (24-10), then they suddenly make it close again in the last few minutes with a score, and we either have to run out the clock or defend a final drive by Arkansas to avoid overtime. 

Closer than comfortable, but a win none-the-less, which is actually how I’d like it headed toward the iron bowl. I want Bama players not expecting much of a fight from us.

Prediction for final score 24-17 Auburn. We beat NMSU, and give Bama a dog fight in a few weeks. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

35-23. I think KJ forces a ton of broken tackles and gets generally the looks he wants as far as pressure when passing. I just don't think they have enough dudes outside of him and their defense is meh. It'll take some schematic failures and/or a relapse from Thorne for us to lose this one imo 

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

But they also just beat the Gators in The Swamp.

Just saying. :dunno:

The Gators may have a new head coach this time next year, just as a word of warning 

I know the Swamp is the Swamp at the end of the day, but UF is another year or two from entering the Tennessee death spiral 

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The Gators may have a new head coach this time next year, just as a word of warning 

I know the Swamp is the Swamp at the end of the day, but UF is another year or two from entering the Tennessee death spiral 

I’m not sure I’d say they are that horrible. Napier has been doing one thing decently well… recruiting. 

But dear lord… Remember when folks wanted to oust Gus for Napier? Would’ve been not much better than the Harsin mess.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m not sure I’d say they are that horrible. Napier has been doing one thing decently well… recruiting. 

But dear lord… Remember when folks wanted to oust Gus for Napier? Would’ve been not much better than the Harsin mess. So many of the coaches people wanted around that time have been horrible: Cristobal, Matt Campbell, Matt Rhule, Bill Clark (who retired from coaching), Tony Elliot.

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

But dear lord… Remember when folks wanted to oust Gus for Napier? Would’ve been not much better than the Harsin mess.

Well the fans are already despondent to being this bad, which is never a good look for the HC. The recruiting is well off but those UF standards are still higher than the vast majority of programs (even though they’re been meh for almost 10 years now lol). I’m giving him till next year bc the administration probably will, but he’s definitely a very high mid season firing candidate. The likely FSU butt kicking may accelerate the timeline 

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

I’m not falling for the Auburn road woes in this game. Arkansas has lost the same amount of home games the past five years as Auburn has lost on the road. If you’re going to get over road woes then that’s the team to do it against. They’re no better at home than Auburn is on the road. 💁🏻‍♂️

I thought we got over road woe this week at Vandy?

5 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Isn't this the same Arky team that scored 3 points at home vs MSU? I'll take Auburn

That same Arkansas team just scored 39 in The Swamp. It appears to be a different offense than just a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Yeah. But who is Florida this year?

Who are we?

• Like 1