If the 2024 Class Signed Today...

Zeek

On 11/7/2023 at 4:23 PM, au701948 said:

Still do not understand the inability to attract a nominally decent quantity of Offensive Linemen!!

Feel like ppl are overreacting a tad.  Do we want more?  A lot each year?  Sure.  But until it's a consistent issue I'm not freaking out over 1 class. 

Hugh's first class we have 5 HS kids and 1 JUCO.  The JUCO will be a 2 year starter & 1 HS kid will be a 4 year contributor and a 3 year starter (if he stays 4 yrs).  On top of that we have multiple Transfers. 

Carter will be a good get,  I think Edwin hopefully we be a 2-3 year developmental guy, and we'll take at least 1 more HS guy.  I wish it was bigger.  That Wrestler from North Dakota would be nice

'25 just looks really solid so far.  We already have on OT committed.  Hopefully Brandon Jacob's son and we seem to be on some top OTs in GA.  Eventually we'll get good GA players again.  UGA Can't have every top OT/OL in the state.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like ppl are overreacting a tad.  Do we want more?  A lot each year?  Sure.  But until it's a consistent issue I'm not freaking out over 1 class. 

Hugh's first class we have 5 HS kids and 1 JUCO.  The JUCO will be a 2 year starter & 1 HS kid will be a 4 year contributor and a 3 year starter (if he stays 4 yrs).  On top of that we have multiple Transfers. 

Carter will be a good get,  I think Edwin hopefully we be a 2-3 year developmental guy, and we'll take at least 1 more HS guy.  I wish it was bigger.  That Wrestler from North Dakota would be nice

'25 just looks really solid so far.  We already have on OT committed.  Hopefully Brandon Jacob's son and we seem to be on some top OTs in GA.  Eventually we'll get good GA players again.  UGA Can't have every top OT/OL in the state.

positive reinforcing @W.E.D!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d78dxkr6w9zaznnob6rh

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

positive reinforcing @W.E.D!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d78dxkr6w9zaznnob6rh

All these people just think I'm full on negative, but in reality I'm just facts based

• Like 1

Need OL and DT to win. It’s not high school, you can’t win in the SEC without talent in the trenches. Don’t care how many 5 star WRs or Safeties you get. We need dawgz in the trenches. Give me 5 Connor Lew type players, you can have your flashy athletes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ol play has greatly improved when Lew was finally turned loose. Experience is a good thing, but not a substitute for great talent like CL. We seem to be playing eight to ten offensive linemen which I haven't seen previous coaches do. Keeping them fresh like the DL.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, autan said:

Ol play has greatly improved when Lew was finally turned loose. Experience is a good thing, but not a substitute for great talent like CL. We seem to be playing eight to ten offensive linemen which I haven't seen previous coaches do. Keeping them fresh like the DL.

I have noticed the same thing it both keeps them fresh and prepares younger players.

I know cohesion and working as a unit is important but so is development and  being fresh. They seemed to have found a good balance 

• Like 1