14. 4* LB Joseph Phillips
  15. 3* LB D'Angelo Barber
  16. 4* LB Jamonta Waller
  17. 4* CB Jalyn Crawford
  18. 4* DB A'Mon Lane
  19. 4* DB Kensley Faustin
  20. 3* DB Kaleb Harris
  21. 4* JUCO DB Laquan Robinson

My concerns are OL, TE, and CB. I know we WANT more players at those positions but I don't see who those players would end up being for Auburn. Most of the TEs are committed elsewhere. The OL recruiting, once again, is only yielding two sure-fire signees when we need upwards of five. The corner is where we processed a kid or two and are likely looking to the port-hole.

Guys like Ryan Williams (who might reclassify) and Jeremiah Beaman are flip targets that we have a good shot at but I'll believe them when we see them. Should we miss at LB on Waller I could see us closing on 4* Bradley Shaw finally. I guess it's fine to find OL talent in the portal but God I was hoping we finally had a staff that could recruit the position out of high school better.

Overall good news on the first real class. 2025 should be excellent if the product on the field continues to improve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think we land:

1. 4* QB Walker White
  2. 4* RB Kevin Riley
  3. 4* WR Bryce Cain
  4. 5* WR Perry Thompson
  5. 4* WR Malcolm Simmons
  6. 3* TE Martavious Collins
  7. 4* OL DeAndre Carter
  8. 3* OL Favour Edwin
  9. 3* DL Malik Blocton
  10. 4* DL TJ Lindsey
  11. 3* DL Dimitry Nicolas
  12. 3* JUCO DL Brien Taylor
  13. 5* LB Demarcus Riddick
  14. 4* LB Joseph Phillips
  15. 3* LB D'Angelo Barber
  16. 4* LB Jamonta Waller
  17. 4* CB Jalyn Crawford
  18. 4* DB A'Mon Lane
  19. 4* DB Kensley Faustin
  20. 3* DB Kaleb Harris
  21. 4* JUCO DB Laquan Robinson

My concerns are OL, TE, and CB. I know we WANT more players at those positions but I don't see who those players would end up being for Auburn. Most of the TEs are committed elsewhere. The OL recruiting, once again, is only yielding two sure-fire signees when we need upwards of five. The corner is where we processed a kid or two and are likely looking to the port-hole.

Guys like Ryan Williams (who might reclassify) and Jeremiah Beaman are flip targets that we have a good shot at but I'll believe them when we see them. Should we miss at LB on Waller I could see us closing on 4* Bradley Shaw finally. I guess it's fine to find OL talent in the portal but God I was hoping we finally had a staff that could recruit the position out of high school better.

Overall good news on the first real class. 2025 should be excellent if the product on the field continues to improve.

Still do not understand the inability to attract a nominally decent quantity of Offensive Linemen!!

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Still do not understand the inability to attract a nominally decent quantity of Offensive Linemen!!

I'm still convinced there's some sort of Axis of Evil including Bama, UGA, and LSU that's paying O-linemen to go anywhere but Auburn...it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

52 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I would do filthy things for five 4* OL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I could see us closing on 4* Bradley Shaw

JMO but from the way things sound, I doubt it. Sounds like we would look elsewhere for a LB if we decided to take another one if we miss on Waller.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

@au701948 it's a down OL class in terms of talent so a number of teams are going to go for the same targets more than normal.

• Like 2

So we have 16 official commitments today, but Z expect AU to add Riley, Edwin, Waller, Laquan, and JUCO Taylor and hold on to the 16? I thought we had a couple shopping, but DCarter has reconfirmed I guess. We could do a lot worse. For some reason I was thinking we might have a couple of surprise flip-ins and a couple of surprise flip-outs but sounds like this is it from the inside at least.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@au701948 it's a down OL class in terms of talent so a number of teams are going to go for the same targets more than normal.

I would say Wade is probably the most important player to convince to stay.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He should, IMO.  He's had far too many penalties called on him. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He should, IMO.  He's had far too many penalties called on him. 

Agreed. It seems like Muskrat may have been the better pickup from Tulsa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

I'd be shocked if Collins is in the 2024 class. 

Im surprised it hasntt already happened.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Not sure about that. I don't think he would be irreplaceable in the portal.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I feel like Blocton is maybe the 2nd best player in this Auburn class only behind Thompson

I'm in no position to rank them, but Blockton is a STUD. It suits me if the rating services continue to overlook him. The guy is one we definitely need to keep.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

JMO but from the way things sound, I doubt it. Sounds like we would look elsewhere for a LB if we decided to take another one if we miss on Waller.

It’s so interesting to me. I obviously have a totally different evaluation of Shaw. Think he’ll be a solid college contributor.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It’s so interesting to me. I obviously have a totally different evaluation of Shaw. Think he’ll be a solid college contributor.

If we weren't already stacking that position I'd pursue him for depth, but these next two classes are gonna be stacked

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If we weren't already stacking that position I'd pursue him for depth, but these next two classes are gonna be stacked

That is true about next year as well. I am just higher on Shaw than some other names I have seen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

There's a lot of juniors and seniors in the LB group so they could offer somebody this class if they wanted