Holden moves to #2QB

AU-24

19 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

No downvote but that is a interesting take.  

He doesn’t utilize his size and speed is what I am getting at…there are times he will run himself out of play, or there is a hole and he doesn’t accelerate through. Other times he is trying to juke instead of punish, yet there is times he try to go through three people when there is an alternative pathway. I’ve seen it far too often. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

I probably will get downvoted for this but I consider his athleticism slightly overrated. Maybe it’s just the way he runs , iono . 

I think Robby has all of the intangibles to be great, except for attitude, and that’s a big one.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Soooo, was Holden actually good, or is Hugh just upgrading Holden to that QB2 “he’s what we have if things go south, so I gotta talk him up” speak?

He has always thought highly of Holden. However, Holden still isn’t ready.

But you have to like the guy who is doing the right things with the right attitude over certain actions 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

But you have to like the guy who is doing the right things with the right attitude over certain actions 

Oh for sure!

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I think Robby has all of the intangibles to be great, except for attitude, and that’s a big one.

I don’t think he has the arm accuracy to be great. He has the speed to be a great receiver, but he probably doesn’t have the route running or hands. 

He can probably be a good QB in SWAC, etc.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think he has the arm to be great. He has the speed to be a great receiver, but he probably doesn’t have the route running or hands. 

He can probably be a good QB in SWAC, etc.

That’s racist!

(Sorry, I can’t find the .gif). 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

That’s racist!

(Sorry, I can’t find the .gif). 

I just honestly don’t think he has the QB talent to play FBS football. And I would consider the athletes in the SWAC the next best thing.

Robbie is a wild horse. Super fast. Not very controlled. No sense of smoothness. Runs like people are chasing him (which, they are, but you know what I mean).

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him juke anybody. He runs through arm tackles and DOES have elite speed and quickness. But outside of the context of QB I’m not sure he’s an elite athlete. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

He has always thought highly of Holden. However, Holden still isn’t ready.

I’ll cut RA some slack; he was the guy the last few games of last season during a highly emotional, high energy interim staff.  He went through that experience; fought his ass off vs Alabama and had high hopes for this season.  

I can see where he would be dejected and down. I’m not gonna beat up on him; he may not be handling things as maturely as he could, but he fights and plays hard when he’s out there. I hope for nothing but the best for him.

• Like 9

I would like to see him try receiver. I wonder if the change came from him not handling the ball off for a sure first down but deciding to keep it for a loss. He didn’t seem to give the ball up willingly 

15 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I’ll cut RA some slack; he was the guy the last few games of last season during a highly emotional, high energy interim staff.  He went through that experience; fought his ass off vs Alabama and had high hopes for this season.  

I can see where he would be dejected and down. I’m not gonna beat up on him; he may not be handling things as maturely as he could, but he fights and plays hard when he’s out there. I hope for nothing but the best for him.

This is a great take

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DAG said:

Good not great. 

I agree. I just said great because people over the last two years have been critical of me because I said that Robbie shouldn’t be our QB and I wanted to sound more sympathetic. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If you can't throw the ball, then you better be freaking Tim Tebow when it comes to attitude and leadership.

RA is his own worst enemy. His lack of self-awareness is such a disappointment. If you have a positive attitude and demeanor, I think you can manage some things in life that take a lot of skill.

When it comes to criticism, he could've handled it better like, "I'm working with coach and the staff to get better every day and fix those mistakes" instead of "they can sit behind a phone screen and type all they want....they couldn't do half of what I do"

Best of luck to RA wherever he ends up. I hope he can find success. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Soooo, was Holden actually good, or is Hugh just upgrading Holden to that QB2 “he’s what we have if things go south, so I gotta talk him up” speak?

IMO, it's more of a former "QB2 held us up for ransom (NIL $$) w/mom worrying us to death and when QB2 didn't get his way he left the team temporarily", then QB2 decides to re-join the team and gets zero PT in the next game SO Holden gets the QB2 designation from here on out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Ashford “So grateful for Auburn giving me an opportunity” twitter post in 3…..2……1……….

He’s gotta wait till he graduates but yeah.

If someone can’t quickly read progressions or throw a consistent ball - they’re not a p5 qb. Minimum prerequisites of the position.  If they also have huge arm strength, +6’3” height, and/or speed - those are differentiators that can get you to the nfl.

AU with RA (and other qb’s  in the past) has gotten enamored with differentiators and ignored the prerequisites. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1