Arkansas Post Game

Dwayne Pride

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

Team is slowly, but surely getting better. The atmosphere in Jordan-Hare in 2 weeks will be something.

The discipline we showed today onJefferson will be needed and more. But it gives you hope.  Chip and a chair is all we need at home. 

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I know this is off topic but does anybody else like the show Monk? Great show.

Love it along with Psych.  

Did you know that there is a new Monk movie coming on Peacock?

Was there some hidden meaning here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Love it along with Psych.  

Did you know that there is a new Monk movie coming on Peacock?

Was there some hidden meaning here?

It's my first time watching it I'm on season 3 now and I love it... Trying to watch it before the movie comes out lol and no was just curious... 

Really pleased with this win. I honestly felt like this was a toss up going in. We haven’t played well on the road and Arky was coming off a nice win. The hit on Fair looked brutal. Was shocked to see him back in the game on the next play. 

2 minutes ago, nthemix said:

will take a road SEC win when we can get it … with that said … Arky players have given up on their coach … their “effort” was terrible today 

A lot of weak reaches for tackles.  A bad sign. A drawback of the portal.  I bet more than a few of them say I’m out. 

3 minutes ago, nthemix said:

will take a road SEC win when we can get it … with that said … Arky players have given up on their coach … their “effort” was terrible today 

Wait a sec, they gave up today just 7 days after beating Florida at Ben Griffith for the first time ever?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BustemBigBlue said:

Really pleased with this win. I honestly felt like this was a toss up going in. We haven’t played well on the road and Arky was coming off a nice win. The hit on Fair looked brutal. Was shocked to see him back in the game on the next play. 

Fair is @bigbird, Texas Tough.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Im mad at myself for pushing off as long as I have before giving the show a shot.

It goes through ups and downs and you have to suspend belief on some episodes but overall a solid show.  

Stottlemeyer is the weakest link.  He’s a jackass for the most part. 

Edited by Dwayne Pride

Some random thoughts:

• I can't believe how good the D has been all season. We are getting the most out of the available talent. You can clearly see it now that the O is playing well and not putting them in bad situations.
  • We will get at least 7 wins this season. I predicted 6 or 7, so I have no issue with the win/loss record. Success in my book. 
  • I wish we went with Thorne and ran pace on offense from the beginning of the season. Could have won one or two more. Freeze was clearly enamored with something about Ashford (probably athleticism) and it hasn't paid off. 
  • We have a top notch, deep stable of RBs.
  • WRs continue to disappoint. One in particular this game. Miss the easy catches way too often and never seem to make a difficult catch. 
  • I'm pretty sure Freeze sat Scott for one punt return, after he loafed on the TD. Koy Moore came in on the next return and then it was back to Scott. I like it. 
  • Wooten should expect jokes from his teammates all week. On that fumble return, he looked ... not fast. 
  • McPherson is a weapon. Hard to be perfect at anything and he's done it so far. 
  • We will give Bama a game at Jordan-Hare but they will pull away in the second half. We aren't ready yet, which is fine. Let's temper expectations, but at least I'm excited to watch the game. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Wait a sec, they gave up today just 7 days after beating Florida at Ben Griffith for the first time ever?

FLA has given up in their coach as well … at least for this year any way 

Solid win. Game play far exceeded my expectations but Arkansas is bad. Worst team in the conference bad. I’m not reading too much into it. 

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Vanderbilt would like a word.  

The truth is our last 3 games were against the worst 3 teams in the SEC. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Team is slowly, but surely getting better. The atmosphere in Jordan-Hare in 2 weeks will be something.

Best offensive showing all year against a capable QB. Our D is really good and had we not played musical QB’ s earlier in season, we might be 8/2 instead of 6/4. Regardless, looked good on both sides of ball and we now know why RA is not our QB. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Overall, pleased with what I saw.  

Some things to clean up.  

Defense looked good.  

For the younger crowd, this was what it was like to watch a game in the 80’s for the most part.  

Not to rain on your parade, but that is some selective memory.   There were plenty of times in the 80’s with some questionable game decisions.   The effort always seemed good in 80’s as was the effort today.