37 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The following things are true 

1)yesterday’s loss was as bad as it gets... historically bad

2)This year has been up and down to say the least... we kind of suck

3)We are bowl eligible despite it all

4)Freeze has not done a good job of coaching this team

5)Freeze seems to be recruiting well 

6)It’s to early to fire everyone 

Isn't it funny how you can hold all these accurate thoughts in your head at the same time?

• Like 5

Just now, cbo said:

So should we just shut down the message board until he wins or he is fired?

Anti-freeze, antifreezers, such a corny tag line from grown men.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Anti-freeze, antifreezers, such a corny tag line from grown men.

Sadly, I think I started it haha. As the name of an infamous thread. I gave it 2 seconds of thought and did NOT mean for it to catch on. 

• Haha 3

Just now, cbo said:

Sadly, I think I started it haha. As the name of an infamous thread. I gave it 2 seconds of thought and did NOT mean for it to catch on. 

Look what you've started! Now used as an insult for those with no contextual response to engage in debate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Okay. So I did read the responses after all. I’m not going to call out specific people. Just clarifying my position. Yesterday was an absolute cluster.

Let me clarify. We should never lose to NMSU, even with them having a great year. They played a solid game yesterday, and the officiating was poor at times. But it shouldn’t take overcoming those things for us to win. I wouldn’t have been mad with a struggle win. But we buckled completely against a team that shouldn’t happen against. 

My frustration is with people over exaggerating what this means for the program. Freeze needed to own up to the role he and his assistant coaches had in not getting them ready. To some extent it has to fall on the coaching staff.

But there’s another side to this. Our upperclassmen have spent most of their career with Harsin. When games don’t go your way, that’s the place where team leaders need to be vocal on the sidelines. Coaches can do some of this, but they can only do so much while also trying to manage the game as it’s going. We don’t really have upperclassmen leaders. The upperclassmen have no understanding what it takes to be successful in college football. We got hit in the mouth early like several other SEC teams did against cupcakes yesterday. Those other teams were able to find themselves during the game and turn it around. The people still on this team from the Harsin era had no idea how to weather that storm. As an industrial psychologist, I know a thing or two about culture change. I’m not convinced Freeze and company can fix that without more turnover from the Harsin roster. Harsin was a quitter and he inadvertently taught quitting as a team value. 

So where am I going with this? Not making excuses for the loss. Not saying the coaches did a great job in any way getting us ready before the game or out of the hole during the game. I’m saying that the circumstances suggest a pretty unique situation with this game that will probably not reoccur in the future. There’s a lot of people jumping out of the Freezer (see what I did there) or saying absolutely garbage things like “this wouldn’t have happened with Harsin.” Be upset. Be annoyed. Feel free to say that should never ever happen again. I’m with you on all those things. I threw my remote at the wall last night. But counting out the staff’s future over this game or even making too much out of how ilthis game projects or affects the future of the program is utter hogwash. Saying we’d be better with Harsin is laughable. Thinking we made a mistake with Freeze from this one game is very short sighted.

Now, it’s time to rally behind this team and hope they can turn it around for the iron bowl. And if not, let’s see what they can do in the off-season this year before we hit the panic button. War Eagle.

They say the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.  I'll get back with you on this no later than Thursday...

32 minutes ago, cbo said:

I’m not sure you or I are qualified to answer since we didn’t play sports in college. 

Or I’m assuming you didn’t. Crap….

• Haha 2

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m not sure you or I are qualified to answer since we didn’t play sports in college. 

Or I’m assuming you didn’t. Crap….

It's written all over me, isn't it?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, cbo said:

Make it easy. Just ban me. Lol. I need to raise my children instead of being on here with you losers. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

7.  You don’t know as much as I do because I was a water polo walk on at Auburn. 

8.  Antifreezers

9.  “I’m a mod/admin so I know more than you.”

10.  You should see what The Nest is saying.  

Just saw this thread so I'm a little late to the party.  For #7 -- I don't believe you can be a walk-on to the water polo team unless your name is Jesus.  You'd have to be a swim on ... I'm here all week.  Be sure to tip your waitress.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Maybe, or how about the negative Nancy’s just stay away 

I think anyone who’s recovered from the scale of yesterday and is in happy talk, la la land already - I want their meds.  However, I do think this will quickly pass, and the timing and opportunity with bama is perfect. Some more good recruiting news would also go a long way .

• Like 1

Wow negative Nancy stay away. What about Saturdays game was positive besides it kicked off and the game was 0 to 0. People should have the right to voice an opinion. Just because it won’t immediately change anything , u shouldnt say anything. Social media isn’t built on one sided conversations. If we all thinked alike there would be no progress.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The loss yesterday was terrible. I’m not jumping ship and when we look back it may just be a blip in the road. But dang. It’s scary. I hope we end up laughing about this in a couple of years. I’m 7/10 worried. Then again, it’s not like we need to fire the guy. Nothing to do but sit around and wait and see how things go. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Disagree….it was a nightmarish really really horrible and institutional embarrassing game.

The nature of the beating is hard to overlook. You could count the positive AU plays on both sides of the ball on one hand. I can't get over the New Mexico State quarterback. The kid was gutsy and tough but he reminded me of a backup quarterback from "Friday Night Lights.". The AU defensive backs covered nothing and made him look like an All American.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naildawg said:

The nature of the beating is hard to overlook. You could count the positive AU plays on both sides of the ball on one hand. I can't get over the New Mexico State quarterback. The kid was gutsy and tough but he reminded me of a backup quarterback from "Friday Night Lights.". The AU defensive backs covered nothing and made him look like an All American.

The guy body slammed one of our players and we did……nothing.  Nick Fairly would have planted his rear end for that and gladly taken a penalty for it.  This team needs a Nick Fairly or two on both sides of the ball.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The guy body slammed one of our players and we did……nothing.  Nick Fairly would have planted his rear end for that and gladly taken a penalty for it.  This team needs a Nick Fairly or two on both sides of the ball.

That is a myth and now a lie. Go look at the play. We almost got a retaliation penalty. One of our linemen knocked the QB  down. The coaches broke the players up. Please be objective and look at it. 

Just now, Auburn93 said:

That is a myth and now a lie. Go look at the play. We almost got a retaliation penalty. One of our linemen knocked the QB  down. The coaches broke the players up. Please be objective and look at it. 

I saw it live.  Yes a TF #15 shoved the QB and things got pissy for a half a second.  That body slam should have fired up the defense and a retaliatory beat down should have occurred if the defense had any comradry at all.   NOBODY should be allowed to body slam our player in our house, much less a QB.

That burn should have lasted longer if we had a competitive team.

It’s similar to a pitcher in baseball not liking the way a hitter acted after a HR he served up and waiting until the next time that hitter gets up to bat to plunk him.

Plays like that are not over when the whistle blows.

The rest of the game reflected the lack of interest that play exposed.

Sometimes calling someone a liar only means they don’t understand their nuances of thought.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DAG said:

One thing I find about posters on this board is it is only make sense if you AGREE WITH THEM 100%. Actually, that is consistent theme across the board otherwise you are one or more below:

1. A bad fan

2. Bammer

3. Doom and gloom

4. Homer

5. Hater

6. Irrational

What am I  missing?

What you're missing is fact such is same on most/all college sports boards.

49 minutes ago, Alabama Heel said:

What you're missing is fact such is same on most/all college sports boards.

Oh is that so? Didn’t know that [yellow font]

20 hours ago, DAG said:

One thing I find about posters on this board is it is only make sense if you AGREE WITH THEM 100%. Actually, that is consistent theme across the board otherwise you are one or more below:

1. A bad fan

2. Bammer

3. Doom and gloom

4. Homer

5. Hater

6. Irrational

What am I  missing?

EXACTLY. You have to agree. That in itself is irritating but the thing that would get/gets me is when it changes to suit the argument

When the board turned into the don't criticize players/coaches board and then changed again as soon as some hires and transfers came was mind boggling to me! 

*sorry for my mini rant*

• Like 1