For the love of God, pump the breaks

ScotsAU

2 hours ago, DAG said:

One thing I find about posters on this board is it is only make sense if you AGREE WITH THEM 100%. Actually, that is consistent theme across the board otherwise you are one or more below:

1. A bad fan

2. Bammer

3. Doom and gloom

4. Homer

5. Hater

6. Irrational

What am I  missing?

Those like me. The Realists.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree. Hard for me to place blame on the last HC. All I’ve heard HF do all is year is to an extent show very little trust or belief in the players that are here now. Regardless, he’s now had his tail kicked two years in a row by this coach. Recruits are obviously needed, but so is Good Coaching. 

The narrative about Kill having his number is kind of nonsensical though. Last year, it was 2 days before it was formally announced that we’d hired him. The day before the game and the day off, all the media coverage was about Freeze probably being the guy. That’s hard to tune out. And for freeze, he’d more or less turned his mind to Auburn by the day they played. I think the only similarity between the two games is that was a logical rationale for why the players might be distracted. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Correct:

It is okay to say this was a terrible game and a loss to a team we had no business losing to while also acknowledging that Freeze shouldn't be fired and recruiting is the priority  right now. It is also fine to acknowledge that he has done BOTH good and bad in his short span here. But no, you can't compromise, you have to 100% AGREE WITH THE OTHER PERSON or you are WRONG!

No what you said is 100 % correct.   It’s the constant bringing his past behavior, coaching and anything else up about his past.    Whether you or I like the or dislike him, he is the coach and barring anything catastrophic happening, he will be the coach for several more years.   

Okay. So I did read the responses after all. I’m not going to call out specific people. Just clarifying my position. Yesterday was an absolute cluster.

Let me clarify. We should never lose to NMSU, even with them having a great year. They played a solid game yesterday, and the officiating was poor at times. But it shouldn’t take overcoming those things for us to win. I wouldn’t have been mad with a struggle win. But we buckled completely against a team that shouldn’t happen against. 

My frustration is with people over exaggerating what this means for the program. Freeze needed to own up to the role he and his assistant coaches had in not getting them ready. To some extent it has to fall on the coaching staff.

But there’s another side to this. Our upperclassmen have spent most of their career with Harsin. When games don’t go your way, that’s the place where team leaders need to be vocal on the sidelines. Coaches can do some of this, but they can only do so much while also trying to manage the game as it’s going. We don’t really have upperclassmen leaders. The upperclassmen have no understanding what it takes to be successful in college football. We got hit in the mouth early like several other SEC teams did against cupcakes yesterday. Those other teams were able to find themselves during the game and turn it around. The people still on this team from the Harsin era had no idea how to weather that storm. As an industrial psychologist, I know a thing or two about culture change. I’m not convinced Freeze and company can fix that without more turnover from the Harsin roster. Harsin was a quitter and he inadvertently taught quitting as a team value. 

So where am I going with this? Not making excuses for the loss. Not saying the coaches did a great job in any way getting us ready before the game or out of the hole during the game. I’m saying that the circumstances suggest a pretty unique situation with this game that will probably not reoccur in the future. There’s a lot of people jumping out of the Freezer (see what I did there) or saying absolutely garbage things like “this wouldn’t have happened with Harsin.” Be upset. Be annoyed. Feel free to say that should never ever happen again. I’m with you on all those things. I threw my remote at the wall last night. But counting out the staff’s future over this game or even making too much out of how ilthis game projects or affects the future of the program is utter hogwash. Saying we’d be better with Harsin is laughable. Thinking we made a mistake with Freeze from this one game is very short sighted.

Now, it’s time to rally behind this team and hope they can turn it around for the iron bowl. And if not, let’s see what they can do in the off-season this year before we hit the panic button. War Eagle.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

One thing I find about posters on this board is it is only make sense if you AGREE WITH THEM 100%. Actually, that is consistent theme across the board otherwise you are one or more below:

1. A bad fan

2. Bammer

3. Doom and gloom

4. Homer

5. Hater

6. Irrational

What am I  missing?

I check all these boxes. I am the worst fan on here. No doubt 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The irony on some of these earlier posts is astonishing.  

🤣🤣🤣That’s why I started and finished my OP with a statement that I knew that this was going to fall on some deaf ears. Sadly some people aren’t going to let this one go until something major happens.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

My frustration is with people over exaggerating what this means for the program. Freeze needed to own up to the role he and his assistant coaches had in not getting them ready. To some extent it has to fall on the coaching staff.

I haven’t seen anyone change their opinion on Freeze or their view of the program. I could be wrong. 

Ultimately, this game could mean nothing. But it’s worth keeping an eye on as a developing pattern for Freeze. 

Either way, I think it’s fair to let people vent for 24 hours after a game like this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I haven’t seen anyone change their opinion on Freeze or their view of the program. I could be wrong. 

Ultimately, this game could mean nothing. But it’s worth keeping an eye on as a developing pattern for Freeze. 

Either way, I think it’s fair to let people vent for 24 hours after a game like this. 

It’s been more off the board than on it. But then there’s threads like this one…

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

It’s been more off the board than on it. But then there’s threads like this one…

Harsin, LOL. What a joke. The irony to end all ironies was his tweet after our game

Edited by NWALA Tiger

17 minutes ago, cbo said:

That because nobody did. A small amount of posters who did not liked him showed up and showed out, a few others who are pro freeze anything respond. Then the bell curve is people who are pissed we didn't play to our potential and voiced it, yet still supporting him.

• Like 2

The following things are true 

1)yesterday’s loss was as bad as it gets... historically bad

2)This year has been up and down to say the least... we kind of suck

3)We are bowl eligible despite it all

4)Freeze has not done a good job of coaching this team

5)Freeze seems to be recruiting well 

6)It’s to early to fire everyone 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Not Too early and I need medication. Do not listen to Me

• Haha 1

Im not emotional at all. My passion for football has waned in the last decade, between watching the frustration of Gus’s under-achieving to the debacle that was Harsin, I just don’t enjoy it anymore. Plus having to watch the two teams I hate most win title after title its just depressing. 

That being said, here are my points on Freeze that I see many agree with and many don’t and thats fine. We all have opinions. 

1. I never understood what was on his resume that justified hiring him with the baggage he had. He was ok at Ole Miss I guess, didn’t win a division or anything but he was solid. Had a nice run at Liberty, but how does that translate to SEC success? 

2. Even if you justify the hiring, why all the faith that he is the guy to turn this steadily sinking ship around? 

3. Yes, recruiting is looking good and I understand it could get even better here soon…but…getting recruits is only part of the equation. Jimbo recruited great…whats he doing today? Gus often recruited well, then once they were on campus they were woefully under coached. Some of what we’ve seen this year makes me feel like we have another version of Gus. 

4. Play it off if you like, but yesterday sends off all kinds of red flags. That team was absolutely not ready to play and losing by 21 to NMSU is inexcusable regardless of where you believe our talent level is. We played UGA and OM within 7. If we have little to no talent there is no way that happens. 

I hope to goodness that Hugh is the man to turn this around. But I haven’t seen anything on his resume or in this first year to make me very optimistic. 40 plus years of Auburn fandom and I’ve never felt this low or almost apathetic to AU football. Not 1992, not 1998, not 2008 or 2012. This is a bad bad feeling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Okay. So I did read the responses after all. I’m not going to call out specific people. Just clarifying my position. Yesterday was an absolute cluster.

Let me clarify. We should never lose to NMSU, even with them having a great year. They played a solid game yesterday, and the officiating was poor at times. But it shouldn’t take overcoming those things for us to win. I wouldn’t have been mad with a struggle win. But we buckled completely against a team that shouldn’t happen against. 

But there’s another side to this. Our upperclassmen have spent most of their career with Harsin. When games don’t go your way, that’s the place where team leaders need to be vocal on the sidelines. Coaches can do some of this, but they can only do so much while also trying to manage the game as it’s going. We don’t really have upperclassmen leaders. The upperclassmen have no understanding what it takes to be successful in college football. We got hit in the mouth early like several other SEC teams did against cupcakes yesterday. Those other teams were able to find themselves during the game and turn it around. The people still on this team from the Harsin era had no idea how to weather that storm. As an industrial psychologist, I know a thing or two about culture change. I’m not convinced Freeze and company can fix that without more turnover from the Harsin roster. Harsin was a quitter and he inadvertently taught quitting as a team value. 

So where am I going with this? Not making excuses for the loss. Not saying the coaches did a great job in any way getting us ready before the game or out of the hole during the game. I’m saying that the circumstances suggest a pretty unique situation with this game that will probably not reoccur in the future. There’s a lot of people jumping out of the Freezer (see what I did there) or saying absolutely garbage things like “this wouldn’t have happened with Harsin.” Be upset. Be annoyed. Feel free to say that should never ever happen again. I’m with you on all those things. I threw my remote at the wall last night. But counting out the staff’s future over this game or even making too much out of how ilthis game projects or affects the future of the program is utter hogwash. Saying we’d be better with Harsin is laughable. Thinking we made a mistake with Freeze from this one game is very short sighted.

Now, it’s time to rally behind this team and hope they can turn it around for the iron bowl. And if not, let’s see what they can do in the off-season this year before we hit the panic button. War Eagle.

Not “not jumping out of the freezer”, but upperclassmen had about a year and a half with Harsin, not the majority of their career unless he recruited them. He got tank to stay, but obviously turned a lot of players off. I don’t think we were better off with Harsin, but until I see a much better product on the field, I’m also not convinced we’re better off with Freeze either. Just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Headland Tiger said:

Im not emotional at all. My passion for football has waned in the last decade, between watching the frustration of Gus’s under-achieving to the debacle that was Harsin, I just don’t enjoy it anymore. Plus having to watch the two teams I hate most win title after title its just depressing. 

That being said, here are my points on Freeze that I see many agree with and many don’t and thats fine. We all have opinions. 

1. I never understood what was on his resume that justified hiring him with the baggage he had. He was ok at Ole Miss I guess, didn’t win a division or anything but he was solid. Had a nice run at Liberty, but how does that translate to SEC success? 

2. Even if you justify the hiring, why all the faith that he is the guy to turn this steadily sinking ship around? 

3. Yes, recruiting is looking good and I understand it could get even better here soon…but…getting recruits is only part of the equation. Jimbo recruited great…whats he doing today? Gus often recruited well, then once they were on campus they were woefully under coached. Some of what we’ve seen this year makes me feel like we have another version of Gus. 

4. Play it off if you like, but yesterday sends off all kinds of red flags. That team was absolutely not ready to play and losing by 21 to NMSU is inexcusable regardless of where you believe our talent level is. We played UGA and OM within 7. If we have little to no talent there is no way that happens. 

I hope to goodness that Hugh is the man to turn this around. But I haven’t seen anything on his resume or in this first year to make me very optimistic. 40 plus years of Auburn fandom and I’ve never felt this low or almost apathetic to AU football. Not 1992, not 1998, not 2008 or 2012. This is a bad bad feeling. 

Just another anti-freeze post.   The man is the HC.   Nothing you or I can do about it.   If wins he stays.  If he keeps losing he will be fired.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I think we all need a doctor after yesterday...👍

My rotors and brakes fell off yesterday. I have no brakes to pump. Just my fist 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Just another anti-freeze post.   The man is the HC.   Nothing you or I can do about it.   If wins he stays.  If he keeps losing he will be fired.   

So should we just shut down the message board until he wins or he is fired?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2