My Thoughts from the Stadium (New Mexico State 2023)

abw0004

9 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Unfortunately, Hugh Freeze has developed a well-documented pattern of laying a complete egg against lesser teams at least once a year. I don’t understand what’s going to be different when we have 5 stars at every position if the coaches can’t prepare them. 

I'll disagree. What would make the difference in your scenario? 5 stars. Ask Kirby and Nick

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

We can only reply to if replied to?  

Got it, Paper Skin. 

Whatever. I was in a conversation with someone else, I thought. If you've got nothing better to do, and don't bother to read whatever happens before you're comment, go for it. 

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Whatever. I was in a conversation with someone else, I thought. If you've got nothing better to do, and don't bother to read whatever happens before you're comment, go for it. 

A conversation on a public message board. Next time, if you to keep it private, take it to the direct messages.  

So fill me in, what was so earth shaking before your poor argument?

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

That was your first thought in this thread!  Good Lawd.  You are even thinner skinned than I thought. 

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

That was your first thought in this thread!  Good Lawd.  You are even thinner skinned than I thought. 

So block me. I've read all your posts. Haven't commented on any of them , as far as I can remember. I am old, so whatever. My thin skin is perfectly happy if you never converse with me again. Whatever makes you happy. 

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

So block me. I've read all your posts. Haven't commented on any of them , as far as I can remember. I am old, so whatever. My thin skin is perfectly happy if you never converse with me again. Whatever makes you happy. 

You make that bait too tempting.  

I am not the one bitching because someone else called me out on a ridiculous argument.  You can bet I will be replying to any idiocy you spout in the future. 

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You make that bait too tempting.  

I am not the one bitching because someone else called me out on a ridiculous argument.  You can bet I will be replying to any idiocy you spout in the future. 

🤣 I have no doubt! 

As long as we understand each other. 

Hug it out?

You have no idea who I am, I have no idea who you are. You're a bigger smart A than me and I've been good at it for decades. I actually can appreciate that. So , no ,no hugs. But IF you're an AU fan .......War Eagle. 

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

You have no idea who I am, I have no idea who you are. You're a bigger smart A than me and I've been good at it for decades. I actually can appreciate that. So , no ,no hugs. But IF you're an AU fan .......War Eagle. 

War Damn. 

• Like 1

It all makes sense now. The d@mn horizontal stripe the stadium (lower/upper) event created a disruption in the space time continuum. The localized event horizon only impacted our sideline causing the chaos seen Saturday. Wow, I feel better now. 

image.jpeg.472e754abef6d91778e048f79e3bf7e0.jpeg

Edited by AU120289

3 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

It all makes sense now. The d@mn horizontal stripe the stadium (lower/upper) event created a disruption in the space time continuum. The localized event horizon only impacted our sideline causing the chaos seen Saturday. Wow, I feel better now. 

image.jpeg.472e754abef6d91778e048f79e3bf7e0.jpeg

I haven’t seen a more logical explanation than this. 

11 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Eh, everyone keeps throwing those out there, IMHO its not the same thing but it is what it is. We made history last Saturday for all the wrong reasons, NMSU had never beaten an SEC team EVER, we were 25 points favorites. I could go one by one from the list and point as to why they are different but it doesn't matter, I am just hoping that he truly can coach and better prepare a team so far this season leaves a lot to be desired...

I haven't seen much coaching this season.  I'm hopeful that the committed recruits and rumored recruits prove CHF is a good recruiter.  Coach Dye was not a great in-game football coach, but he was a great recruiter and program manager.  I'm praying that Coach Freeze will be the same or better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I would gladly take the job.  I need a raise. 

Learn proper punctuation…or…nope, not going to stoop to your caveman level.  

Siren’s are sounding off… grammar police in house

7 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Only for the Unchosen One. 

Thank you, thought I was going to have to quit commenting, (all my grammer knowledge cane from Marvel comics).

The day was beautiful. The orange did look really good IMO. The tailgaters were doing their thing outside. Folks were friendly, etc... It was a very pleasant Fall afternoon in the Loveliest Village. My daughter, who has been wanting to learn more about football, got to see both the Tiger Walk and the eagle flight for the first time since she was little. We had some very nice food at the Hey Day Market next to the Culinary center. It was a nice day for Father/Daughter time.

The football was a different story. Great day for NM State fans I guess. 

People want to say things like "he has a history of these types of things... "  yada yada. So does every coach! Name me one coach who doesn't have a few gafs on his record and I'll show you a coach that hasn't coached very long. Belichick has been hailed as the greatest coach on earth...

Someone mentioned the 5 star recruits... That's what it's all about! Every school that has 5 star recruits is competing for the playoffs, every year! And it's been that way since time began. There have been years where a school with 5 star recruits wasn't in the top 10, or has had disappointing seasons which generally means they finish lower than 5th! But they are always up near the top. 

CHF will be no different. Nor would Gus or Harsin or anyone else we've had as coach. Give any of them a team full of 5 star recruits and we'll be in the mix. The years Gus was in the mix, we had good recruits. The years he wasn't in the mix, we didn't have good recruits. Simple as that.

So CHF, just keep on recruiting.... That's the only way. All competent coaches will have good seasons if they have good players. Belichick with Brady, Gronk, good Oline, good defensive players... Wins super bowls. Without those players, NO. That's literally all it's about.

3 hours ago, gabo4au said:

People want to say things like "he has a history of these types of things... "  yada yada. So does every coach! Name me one coach who doesn't have a few gafs on his record and I'll show you a coach that hasn't coached very long. Belichick has been hailed as the greatest coach on earth...

Someone mentioned the 5 star recruits... That's what it's all about! Every school that has 5 star recruits is competing for the playoffs, every year! And it's been that way since time began. There have been years where a school with 5 star recruits wasn't in the top 10, or has had disappointing seasons which generally means they finish lower than 5th! But they are always up near the top. 

CHF will be no different. Nor would Gus or Harsin or anyone else we've had as coach. Give any of them a team full of 5 star recruits and we'll be in the mix. The years Gus was in the mix, we had good recruits. The years he wasn't in the mix, we didn't have good recruits. Simple as that.

So CHF, just keep on recruiting.... That's the only way. All competent coaches will have good seasons if they have good players. Belichick with Brady, Gronk, good Oline, good defensive players... Wins super bowls. Without those players, NO. That's literally all it's about.

You still have to get the teams prepared to play and have a sound strategy to match your strengths.  We haven't seen that at all even against the teams where the talent is equal or close to equal.  Flip coaching staffs and we win that game easily on Saturday.  Horrible coaching all year - talent or not.