My Thoughts from the Stadium (New Mexico State 2023)

abw0004

Good morning all,

I hope this thread finds you well.  I feel like it has been a while since I made one of these threads with our string of away games.  I want to get out ahead of this and state the outcome of the game was unfortunate. This thread I will not dwell on the negatives, but instead give my thoughts as I sat in that stadium.  Let’s dive in as we start Thanksgiving week 2023.

Surrounding Atmosphere:  When you think of the perfect fall day, think of this past Saturday.  It was a blast walking around and feeling the cool fall breeze as you walk into Toomer’s to get a lemonade.  The trees had nice shades of orange, red, yellow, and light brown.  Kids playing in those leaves and smiles from their parents as they look on, with their choice of beverage in hand.  I could not have been happier walking into the stadium with that kind of surrounding atmosphere.

Recruiting:  Want to know which section of the stadium was completely packed with people, at a game like New Mexico State?  The recruiting section.  When is the last time we had that section packed with a purported small game like that?  Recruits are excited for our future at Auburn, with the head coach that we have.  It will take time, as all good things require patience.

Inner Atmosphere:  As expected, we did not have a packed stadium.  Typically, with fall break having started for the students, the student section was not near full.  The rest of the stadium gradually filled up, but not like it will be for the Iron Bowl.  Because of the nature of the game, our fans really were not that loud either.  That was a little disappointing, especially at times when our players needed us.  I expect that to be different this Saturday.

Outlook:  This was not the outcome we were expecting on Saturday.  It was not very fun to be in the stadium either.  These things can happen though.  I never thought I would truly experience it, but it happened.  We all knew this season was going to have a lot of growing pains.  Like many other things in life, it sometimes gets worse before it gets better.  Freeze knows that, and so do our recruits.  One thing I hope some of you take to heart is to not let affect you as badly as it does.  This loss will not ruin my week, or Thanksgiving.  I will still be just as excited to start your game thread for the Iron Bowl.  We are still ahead of where we were last year in the wins column, and way ahead of schedule on recruiting.  I still have faith in Freeze to get it done, in due time.  I have faith in our players.  I surely have faith in our wonderful university.

Perspective:  With the outcome, I wanted to bring into perspective the teams in the college playoffs or contending currently and their first seasons under their current head coach.

• Georgia:  Kirby Smart's first season in 2016
    • Lost to Vanderbilt 17-16
    • Narrowly beat Nicholls State 26-24
  • Ohio State:  Ryan Day's first season was in 2019
    • Lost to Indiana in 2020 by a score of 42-35
  • Florida State:  Mike Norvell's first season was 2020
    • Lost to Jacksonville State in 2021 by a score of 20-17
  • Alabama:  Nick Saban's first season was 2007
    • Lost to Louisiana-Monroe by a score of 21-14
  • Texas:  Steve Sarkisian's first season was 2021
    • Lost to 2-8 Kansas by a score of 57-56

I am not excusing our loss by any means.  I am simply showing that these losses have happened before to the best of them, and will happen again in the future.  Hopefully this is our one and only time.

Wear BLUE:  Remember to wear BLUE for the Iron Bowl.  I look forward to seeing you there.  As always, WAR EAGLE.

image.png.d4dcdb3e35f6b69de434c9754a0366b1.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Good morning all,

I hope this thread finds you well.  I feel like it has been a while since I made one of these threads with our string of away games.  I want to get out ahead of this and state the outcome of the game was unfortunate. This thread I will not dwell on the negatives, but instead give my thoughts as I sat in that stadium.  Let’s dive in as we start Thanksgiving week 2023.

Surrounding Atmosphere:  When you think of the perfect fall day, think of this past Saturday.  It was a blast walking around and feeling the cool fall breeze as you walk into Toomer’s to get a lemonade.  The trees had nice shades of orange, red, yellow, and light brown.  Kids playing in those leaves and smiles from their parents as they look on, with their choice of beverage in hand.  I could not have been happier walking into the stadium with that kind of surrounding atmosphere.

Recruiting:  Want to know which section of the stadium was completely packed with people, at a game like New Mexico State?  The recruiting section.  When is the last time we had that section packed with a purported small game like that?  Recruits are excited for our future at Auburn, with the head coach that we have.  It will take time, as all good things require patience.

Inner Atmosphere:  As expected, we did not have a packed stadium.  Typically, with fall break having started for the students, the student section was not near full.  The rest of the stadium gradually filled up, but not like it will be for the Iron Bowl.  Because of the nature of the game, our fans really were not that loud either.  That was a little disappointing, especially at times when our players needed us.  I expect that to be different this Saturday.

Outlook:  This was not the outcome we were expecting on Saturday.  It was not very fun to be in the stadium either.  These things can happen though.  I never thought I would truly experience it, but it happened.  We all knew this season was going to have a lot of growing pains.  Like many other things in life, it sometimes gets worse before it gets better.  Freeze knows that, and so do our recruits.  One thing I hope some of you take to heart is to not let affect you as badly as it does.  This loss will not ruin my week, or Thanksgiving.  I will still be just as excited to start your game thread for the Iron Bowl.  We are still ahead of where we were last year in the wins column, and way ahead of schedule on recruiting.  I still have faith in Freeze to get it done, in due time.  I have faith in our players.  I surely have faith in our wonderful university.

Perspective:  With the outcome, I wanted to bring into perspective the teams in the college playoffs or contending currently and their first seasons under their current head coach.

• Georgia:  Kirby Smart's first season in 2016
    • Lost to Vanderbilt 17-16
    • Narrowly beat Nicholls State 26-24
  • Ohio State:  Ryan Day's first season was in 2019
    • Lost to Indiana in 2020 by a score of 42-35
  • Florida State:  Mike Norvell's first season was 2020
    • Lost to Jacksonville State in 2021 by a score of 20-17
  • Alabama:  Nick Saban's first season was 2007
    • Lost to Louisiana-Monroe by a score of 21-14
  • Texas:  Steve Sarkisian's first season was 2021
    • Lost to 2-8 Kansas by a score of 57-56

I am not excusing our loss by any means.  I am simply showing that these losses have happened before to the best of them, and will happen again in the future.  Hopefully this is our one and only time.

Wear BLUE:  Remember to wear BLUE for the Iron Bowl.  I look forward to seeing you there.  As always, WAR EAGLE.

image.png.d4dcdb3e35f6b69de434c9754a0366b1.png

Eh, everyone keeps throwing those out there, IMHO its not the same thing but it is what it is. We made history last Saturday for all the wrong reasons, NMSU had never beaten an SEC team EVER, we were 25 points favorites. I could go one by one from the list and point as to why they are different but it doesn't matter, I am just hoping that he truly can coach and better prepare a team so far this season leaves a lot to be desired...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IMO Orange is the only color that looks good in our stadium.  Blue doesn’t stand out.  White doesn’t make sense.  Stripe doesn’t work because the blue.  

• Like 4

Unfortunately, Hugh Freeze has developed a well-documented pattern of laying a complete egg against lesser teams at least once a year. I don’t understand what’s going to be different when we have 5 stars at every position if the coaches can’t prepare them. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

IMO Orange is the only color that looks good in our stadium.  Blue doesn’t stand out.  White doesn’t make sense.  Stripe doesn’t work because the blue.  

The blue doesn’t stand out but it’s coherent. The orange is often garish because it’s 8 shades of orange. Unfortunately, the billion dollar enterprise that is the Auburn athletics department can’t afford a 10 cent orange shirt to disperse 

I understand the desire to compare to other coaches that have had bad losses but all of those losses were by one score. We were blown out. 

NMSU only has two other wins by that margin. I could somewhat be okay with losing by 3 or even 7 but a 21-point loss is crazy. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Unfortunately, Hugh Freeze has developed a well-documented pattern of laying a complete egg against lesser teams at least once a year. I don’t understand what’s going to be different when we have 5 stars at every position if the coaches can’t prepare them. 

So did Tuberville. So did Malzhan 

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

I don't know either but it would be awesome to find out.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, gman87 said:

I don't know either but it would be awesome to find out.

Don’t bring common sense and hope onto this board.   There are people on here that want to see failure.   The troll vibe is strong at AU FAMILY board.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Don’t bring common sense and hope onto this board.   There are people on here that want to see failure.   The troll vibe is strong at AU FAMILY board.  

Eh you see what you want to see, I think everyone coming to an AU football forum wants to see the program succeed, most are tired of the year after year of mediocre football at best that we have seen for the past few years, it just gets old...the only trolls are the bama folks that are on here, again most folks want to see Auburn competing week in and week out and hopefully being in the mix at the end of year...its been a looooooong time since that has happened and to be frank its been a dumpster fire for awhile now. I can't speak for the others but it gets old and this loss was about the worst you could have and it just makes some question whether or not CHF can get it done or not and after that game they are in their right to question it....but just becaiuse you question the current state does not make you a troll...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I agree. Always thought the orange outs looked the best. bot in tv and in person.  I also like wearing the orange better. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Eh you see what you want to see, I think everyone coming to an AU football forum wants to see the program succeed, most are tired of the year after year of mediocre football at best that we have seen for the past few years, it just gets old...the only trolls are the bama folks that are on here, again most folks want to see Auburn competing week in and week out and hopefully being in the mix at the end of year...its been a looooooong time since that has happened and to be frank its been a dumpster fire for awhile now. I can't speak for the others but it gets old and this loss was about the worst you could have and it just makes some question whether or not CHF can get it done or not and after that game they are in their right to question it....but just becaiuse you question the current state does not make you a troll...

Agree with the wanting to win part and tired of losing.   But there are Auburn fans on here who want to see HF lose.   One even started a thread about why he was the wrong choice, after the loss.   
 In my book, that’s a troll.   Someone that is putting something out just to get feedback on it.   As much as no one wants to admit it, there isn’t anything anyone on here  could do about the hiring or firing of any coach.    

• Like 2

Any coach that gets blown out and embarrassed by a team they shouldn’t ===== Nick Saban and Kirby Smart

I guess that’s why Gus and Harsin didn’t work out. They didn’t embarrass the program enough so they couldn’t be Saban our Kirby. Darn it.

6 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Hey you take the job then. That way we will be CNS ready by the end of the week...or stfu.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Eh, everyone keeps throwing those out there, IMHO its not the same thing but it is what it is. We made history last Saturday for all the wrong reasons, NMSU had never beaten an SEC team EVER, we were 25 points favorites. I could go one by one from the list and point as to why they are different but it doesn't matter, I am just hoping that he truly can coach and better prepare a team so far this season leaves a lot to be desired...

NMSU has never been as good as they are this year, EVER. Just saying. App. State (FCS beat Michigan in 2007. ) Michigan is still here and may be playing for National Championship. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Hey you take the job then. That way we will be CNS ready by the end of the week...or stfu.

I would gladly take the job.  I need a raise. 

Learn proper punctuation…or…nope, not going to stoop to your caveman level.